"Interesting" Obit

Old April 17th 04, 06:13 PM
JBHajos

Default "Interesting" Obit

Since I've reached the stage in life where I've been reading the obits
to see if I'm on the list yet, in reading them this morning I found
one a bit unusual. A beloved lady had passed on and, of course,
there was a list of survivors - - husband, son, step-sisters and
-brother, beloved friends - and including "six cats." I'm sure the
kitties will find good homes if the survivors consider them part of
the lady's family!! I'm also sure that remembering the pets has been
done often, but not around *these* parts in my memory. I don't know
the woman or her family - just feel they must be mighty nice folks.

Jeanne
Old April 17th 04, 11:28 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:01:50 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

m. L. Briggs wrote:
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:13:11 GMT, (JBHajos)
wrote:

Since I've reached the stage in life where I've been reading the
obits to see if I'm on the list yet, in reading them this morning I
found one a bit unusual. A beloved lady had passed on and, of
course, there was a list of survivors - - husband, son, step-sisters
and -brother, beloved friends - and including "six cats." I'm
sure the kitties will find good homes if the survivors consider them
part of the lady's family!! I'm also sure that remembering the
pets has been done often, but not around *these* parts in my memory.
I don't know the woman or her family - just feel they must be mighty
nice folks.

Jeanne

For the last couple of years, I have noticed that both cats and dogs
are listed as survivors of people who loved their pets.

When my great aunt got a kitten when she was 80 I thought it was likely the
cat would outlive her, 19 years later they're both still alive. My great
aunt is in a home now and the cat with her granddaughter both still going
strong.

Hope they have visiting previledges. :-)

If, in the hopefully far distant future, I ever go to a Home, I'll
insist it's one which allows furry visitors. I can understand banning
pets for residents, who may not realise they can no longer take proper
care of pets. But it seems to be fairly accpeted knowledge that having
a pet around, even part time, is beneficial.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 18th 04, 02:20 AM
Hopitus2

Well I for one sure hope you 4 stay together a helluva long time, in OK or
wherever.

:
: wrote:
:
[...]
: --
: Steve Touchstone,
: faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky
:
:
[remove Junk for email]
: Home Page:
: Cat Pix: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/animals.html

Old April 18th 04, 05:25 AM
Marina

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in

If, in the hopefully far distant future, I ever go to a Home, I'll
insist it's one which allows furry visitors. I can understand banning
pets for residents, who may not realise they can no longer take proper
care of pets. But it seems to be fairly accpeted knowledge that having
a pet around, even part time, is beneficial.

Me too. What I hate most about staying in hospitals is that I can't get my
cat fix every day. There was a story in the paper recently about a home in a
Finnish town called Vaasa, where a cat had been living for 11 years. All the
inmates and the staff loved him. Suddenly, after 11 years, a health
inspector had decided that it was "unhygienic" to have a cat living in the
home, and ordered them to put the cat to sleep! This was met with a storm of
protest from both inmates and staff, and the decision was finally revoked.
There was a picture of this beautiful brown tabby. One of the inmates was
quoted saying he didn't like to sit in your lap, but when she had her photo
taken for her 100th birthday (!), the cat, called Niklas, jumped in her lap
to be in the picture, too. Awww!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki