"Noisy Bangers" -- Grrrrrr

Old July 5th 04, 10:43 AM

Melissa Houle wrote:

DIdn't get to see any this year. I'm just back from visiting
friends in San Francisco, and there you can see the fog lit by red,
green yellow white or blue light, but not the fireworks themselves.

You were in San Francisco tonight? Where do you live?

Joyce, in Oakland (didn't see any fireworks over here, either)
Old July 5th 04, 09:21 PM
Melissa Houle

wrote in message
Melissa Houle wrote:

DIdn't get to see any this year. I'm just back from visiting
friends in San Francisco, and there you can see the fog lit by red,
green yellow white or blue light, but not the fireworks themselves.

You were in San Francisco tonight? Where do you live?

Joyce, in Oakland (didn't see any fireworks over here, either)

In Mountain View, somewhat closer to San Jose than SF, but in fairly easy
driving distance of both.

Melissa

Old July 6th 04, 04:13 AM

Melissa Houle wrote:

In Mountain View, somewhat closer to San Jose than SF, but in fairly
easy driving distance of both.

Oh, I used to live in Sunnyvale! Lived there for 7 years, and then moved
to Oakland in 1999. I used to love hanging out on Castro St - a great
place to find food, especially if you love Asian cuisines: there were
Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, and Indian restaurants all up and
down the street. And plenty of coffee shops and bookstores. It's one of
the things I miss about that area.

How long have you lived there?

Joyce

Old July 7th 04, 05:05 PM
Melissa Houle

snip
Oh, I used to live in Sunnyvale! Lived there for 7 years, and then moved
to Oakland in 1999. I used to love hanging out on Castro St - a great
place to find food, especially if you love Asian cuisines: there were
Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, and Indian restaurants all up and
down the street. And plenty of coffee shops and bookstores. It's one of
the things I miss about that area.

How long have you lived there?

Joyce

I've lived in the Bay Area all my life, except for a four year stint to
Oregon for college. My dad was a Stanford professor, now retired, and he
and my mom and older sibs moved to Palo Alto from Minnesota in 1962 a few
months before I was born.

After college, I moved to Mountain View, and I've lived there for about 17
years, now. Castro Street still IS a great place for ethnic meals, and also
for the coffee shops and bookstores. (Gelato Classico is a wickedly
wonderful, dangerous place that I try to avoid, but ever since I got back
from Italy, sometimes my cravings overcome me.) The city government made it
a very nice. There's also a performing arts center, and the Mountain View
Public Library is also very good. I can't afford to eat out very often, but
I have some favorite restaurants along Castro Street, depending on what I'm
in the mood for.

Melissa

Old July 8th 04, 08:23 AM
polonca12000

Poor poor doggie!
Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
A couple of years ago, friends of a friend of mine were setting off
4th of July fireworks. One of the skyrockets had a defective
propulsion charge, and only made it a few feet off the ground before
falling back to earth. The family dog was in the habit of fetching
tossed sticks, and grabbed up the rocket. It blew up in his mouth,
blowing his lower jaw off. The poor dog was so severely injured that
he had to be put to sleep.