Duffy scared me

Old September 7th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Duffy scared me

Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in my
hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped toward the arm of the chair (as he frequently
does when I am sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding
"crack" as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and didn't even
appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged him and kept saying, over
and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo sorry....etc." It was one of those things
that I couldn't possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.

MaryL

Old September 7th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 06 Sep 2007 09:33:47p, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the
few times when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in
a lounge chair watching TV, and I happened to be holding the
remove control upright in my hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped
toward the arm of the chair (as he frequently does when I am
sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding "crack"
as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and
didn't even appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged
him and kept saying, over and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo
sorry....etc." It was one of those things that I couldn't
possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.

MaryL

Aww, bless his poor bumpy head. Well, as you said, he wasn't hurt,
so no harm done. Not to make you think more, but you never know
what kinds of things he bumps into, or falls, when you're working
all day. I'm sure things like that are bound to happen. Even if
it does, he does so well and is so adjusted.

You have to know he did it on purpose so that you would fuss over
him. )

--
Cheryl

Ha! Yes, it probably was deliberate. He *loves* hugs and attention. ;)

MaryL

Old September 7th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

. ..
Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in my
hand.

snip
MaryL

That should be "remote control," of course -- not "remove control"
(although that might be a very good thing to have). Duh!

MaryL

Old September 7th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Sep 6, 9:33?pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in my
hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped toward the arm of the chair (as he frequently
does when I am sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding
"crack" as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and didn't even
appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged him and kept saying, over
and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo sorry....etc." It was one of those things
that I couldn't possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.

MaryL

If you had a thread of humanity in you, you'd have him put to sleep. I
can think of nothing crueler than to force an animal to live on with
such a heart-rending disability as this.
The ex and I had a blind cat once. She used to crap in his litter box
okay, but 9 times out of 10 her ass would be hanging out over the
edge! LOL....!! Needless to say, I never cleaned any of it up.

IBen Getiner

Old September 7th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

I treat most of your messages as spam and don't reply, but I will respond to
your comment about the litter box because there may be other readers with
this problem.

Duffy actually did sometimes "hang over" the edge, and urine (but never
feces) would trickle over the edge. The solution was simple. I got a very
large litter box, and it has never happened again!

Duffy is a happy, active, loving little guy.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

Old September 7th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

wrote:
[...]

snippage of crap
--------------
Mary, this is a known usenet troll. Please don't take its bait.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Thanks, Cindy. I'm familiar with this troll and usually don't respond. I
did respond this time to his comment about litter boxes because there may be
readers on this NG who do have that problem. You're right, though. He's a
known troll and not worth our time.

MaryL

Old September 7th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 7 Sep, 14:01, "cindys" wrote:

. ..

snip

Duffy actually did sometimes "hang over" the edge, and urine (but never
feces) would trickle over the edge. The solution was simple. I got a
very large litter box, and it has never happened again!

---------------
I had the same problem with Molly when she got elderly. My sister also had a
similar problem with her elderly cat. I solved my problem by getting a large
*covered* litter box. I know that some cats don't like the covered boxes and
won't use them, but my cats are fine with them, even prefer them because
they afford more privacy. Anyway, I'm offering this as another possible
alternative for someone who may be reading this and have this problem.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

I had the same problem with Molly when she got elderly. My sister also had a
similar problem with her elderly cat. I solved my problem by getting a large
*covered* litter box. I know that some cats don't like the covered boxes and
won't use them, but my cats are fine with them, even prefer them because
they afford more privacy. Anyway, I'm offering this as another possible
alternative for someone who may be reading this and have this problem.

Blue -Belle, used to do exactly the same thing, but for different
reasons. After a litter, she would do it on a daily basis- but not
purposefully of course. I believe that it was because she couldn't
help it. After giving birth, I'm quite sure that certain areas were
either numb, or painful, so we decided to set up a hooded box to see
if it would help. It was the ultimate answer to the problem & now I
wouldn't be without my hooded box.
I know that some cats don't like them very much, but these ones have
really embraced the enclosed litter, for what I believe are the same
reasons- Privacy, & no fear of another cat jumping them when they need
private time...
Sheelagh "o"

Old September 7th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Fri 07 Sep 2007 05:12:44a, IBen Getiner wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com:

The ex and I had a blind cat once. She used to crap in his
litter box okay, but 9 times out of 10 her ass would be hanging
out over the edge!

You had a lovely ex. How often did she crap in his litterbox? You
should have given her a bigger one, and I'm not going to state the
obvious.

--
Cheryl

Old September 8th 07, 09:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

wrote:
[...]

Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7- Hide quoted text -

Bull****, azzhole.... Ours kept feeling further until she found the
outside lip of the box.....

IBen

Old September 8th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Sep 7, 8:57?am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"cindys" wrote in message

roups.com...
wrote:
[...]

MaryL- Hide quoted text -

Yeah. Right. You're always front-and-center no matter WHAT IBen
sezz....

IBen Getiner

Holly and Duffy take over MaryL Cat anecdotes 6 December 16th 06 09:35 PM
5 Month Olds are still Scared. Boyfriend is now scared too! LM007 via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 13 September 1st 06 08:48 AM
Duffy-in-a-sunbeam MaryL Cat anecdotes 2 January 4th 06 05:16 AM
Duffy the Bandit MaryL Cat anecdotes 12 July 20th 04 09:17 PM
Duffy is a TV star MaryL Cat health & behaviour 49 January 20th 04 10:33 PM