Bitty update

Old February 24th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Bitty update

Back in June or July I got my first experience with a super-bitty. I
am still feeling touched by this baby, whom I helped hold and feed
from a bottle, and keep warm after being nearly drowned by--well,
never mind. I run the risk of using really impolite language when I
think of it. At the time we thought it was a tiny little girl, and I
called the bitty Juno because I was hoping for a strong lady-cat down
the road. Turns out the bitty was a boy, renamed Phantom, and in his
teenage-time is a remarkable little fellow.

He'd gotten some skin parasite shortly after our first meeting, and it
cost him an ear. Nonetheless he pulled through and looks quite jaunty
with his one perky ear. Little Phantom is very unique: he is the first
dwarf cat I've ever met. He remains, at eight months of age, kitten-
sized, no more than three or four pounds; every part of his pint-sized
anatomy is proportionally correct for a "normal" cat. His foster care-
taker adopted him, realizing there would likely be problems in getting
him placed. He's quite well, though has a tendency toward a very
nervous belly and needs some nutritional boosting.

He is loved, little phantom, and this is the important thing; I'm
still proud I had a chance to keep the little one alive and see him
placed in his forever home.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old February 24th 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

BfloPolska wrote:

He is loved, little phantom, and this is the important thing; I'm
still proud I had a chance to keep the little one alive and see him
placed in his forever home.

You done good!! Well, except for one thing - where are the pictures??
I have to see the jaunty one-eared kitty.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 24th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 23, 4:06*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
.. Little Phantom is very unique: he is the first
dwarf cat I've ever met.

Redunzel weighs just over four pounds- we think she may have been the
runt of the litter and although she's perfectly healthy she has never
quite lost her "kitten" face. This means she gets away with a lot
more than Sarrasine I think.

Nice story!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 24th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 24, 10:08*am, wrote:
On Feb 23, 4:06*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
. Little Phantom is very unique: he is the first

dwarf cat I've ever met.

Redunzel weighs just over four pounds- we think she may have been the
runt of the litter and although she's perfectly healthy she has never
quite lost her "kitten" face. *This means she gets away with a lot
more than Sarrasine I think.

"Just over four pounds" seems normal for an adult cat to me, except
that I know better. The Himalayans I live with are all around four or
five pounds. Maggy May is a retired mommy-cat and has probably lost a
bit of weight in her old age but she barely weighs four pounds and
much of that is fuzz. Her daughter Missy is a bit heavier but not
much. Sunrise has been on an eating spree for months and probably tops
five pounds now, but only just. The RB male, MM's son, the gallant
Winnie, weighed about five pounds. Himmys are not generally this
small. Micki seems to have been breeding midget Himmys without
intending to.

My mom's cat who lives with me now, WooToo, makes the Himmys look tiny
as she weighs almost sixteen pounds. And that is after a healthy
(according to the vet) loss of four pounds or so over the last few
years. And my RB boycat Feather seemed slim and trim at eleven
pounds.

--
Will in New Haven
Old February 24th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

wrote in message
BfloPolska wrote:

He is loved, little phantom, and this is the important thing; I'm
still proud I had a chance to keep the little one alive and see him
placed in his forever home.

My little Mimi usually went around five pounds. Soaking wet, she'd be six.
She looked like a tiny nun, but she was really Barbara Stanwyck.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old February 24th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

BfloPolska wrote:
Back in June or July I got my first experience with a super-bitty.

snip
He is loved, little phantom, and this is the important thing; I'm
still proud I had a chance to keep the little one alive and see him
placed in his forever home.

Blessed be,
Baha

I love happy endings!