Laser pointer toys

Old November 29th 04, 06:20 PM
Mary

Default Laser pointer toys

"Hodge" wrote in message
nk.net...
I had a guest visit for Thanksgiving who adores cats, and Hodge is just
the kind of aggressive, independent male that he goes for. I got out the
laser toy, pointed it against an opposite floor, and all I heard for
days was how I was going to damage his eyes! It really was kind of funny.
--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/pages/hodge.html

When I hear people talking about how dangerous the pointers
are, I recognize myself--in my anti-outdoors posts--because it
may be ridiculous but the reason they feel that way is because
they love cats so much they cannot stand to think of anyone
doing anything to hurt them if they can avoid it.

The book will be out soon: "People Who Love Cats Too Much
and the Cats that Aren't Allowed to Do Anything Because of It."

The Sequel: "People Who Love Cats Too Much and the People
They Annoy."

Old November 29th 04, 07:10 PM
KellyH

"Hodge" wrote in message
nk.net...
I had a guest visit for Thanksgiving who adores cats, and Hodge is just
the kind of aggressive, independent male that he goes for. I got out the
laser toy, pointed it against an opposite floor, and all I heard for
days was how I was going to damage his eyes! It really was kind of funny.
--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/pages/hodge.html

Hodge sure is a cutie!!
3 out of 7 cats in my house love the laser pointer. Toffee, Bartleby, and
Antonio will come running when they hear the jingle (it's on a keychain).
Bartleby always tries to outsmart it, Toffee and Antonio just chase it. The
other cats sometimes play, but they don't seem to love it.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old November 29th 04, 10:31 PM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Hodge" wrote in message
[...]

Don't laugh, there *is* a book "Women Who Love Cats Too Much"
by Allia Zobel, Nicole Hollander !

Old November 29th 04, 11:04 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote

Don't laugh, there *is* a book "Women Who Love Cats Too Much"
by Allia Zobel, Nicole Hollander !

*Sigh.* Does it sell well? Story of my life.

Old November 29th 04, 11:38 PM
Laila

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:20:55 GMT, "Mary"
wrote:

"Hodge" wrote in message
ink.net...
I had a guest visit for Thanksgiving who adores cats, and Hodge is just
the kind of aggressive, independent male that he goes for. I got out the
laser toy, pointed it against an opposite floor, and all I heard for
days was how I was going to damage his eyes! It really was kind of funny.
--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/pages/hodge.html

When I hear people talking about how dangerous the pointers
are, I recognize myself--in my anti-outdoors posts--because it
may be ridiculous but the reason they feel that way is because
they love cats so much they cannot stand to think of anyone
doing anything to hurt them if they can avoid it.

Shaina loves the pointer. it's by far her most favorite "toy". she
never catches it, of course, but she'll chase it until she is panting.
it's fascinating. we can make her do figure 8 on the floor when she
runs after it. she would go in circles for 2-3 min. she would even
leave her food once she hears the little click! the light is always
pointing at the floor. how could it possible damage her eyes? it's
never pointed at her.

-L

Old November 30th 04, 12:04 AM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Phil P." wrote

Don't laugh, there *is* a book "Women Who Love Cats Too Much"
by Allia Zobel, Nicole Hollander !

*Sigh.* Does it sell well? Story of my life.

Don't know. I bought The Feline Mystique: On the Mysterious Connection
Between Women and Cats by by Clea Simon.

Now I know why Paul Gallico said:

"Cats are a great warm-up to a successful marriage; they teach you your
place in the household". LOL!

Old November 30th 04, 12:39 AM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message
nk.net...

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Phil P." wrote

Don't laugh, there *is* a book "Women Who Love Cats Too Much"
by Allia Zobel, Nicole Hollander !

*Sigh.* Does it sell well? Story of my life.

Don't know. I bought The Feline Mystique: On the Mysterious Connection
Between Women and Cats by by Clea Simon.

Now I know why Paul Gallico said:

"Cats are a great warm-up to a successful marriage; they teach you your
place in the household". LOL!

Hmm, maybe I should get this one!

Old December 5th 04, 05:24 AM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:10:27 +0000, KellyH wrote:

"Hodge" wrote in message
nk.net...
I had a guest visit for Thanksgiving who adores cats, and Hodge is just
the kind of aggressive, independent male that he goes for. I got out the
laser toy, pointed it against an opposite floor, and all I heard for
days was how I was going to damage his eyes! It really was kind of funny.
--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/pages/hodge.html

Hodge sure is a cutie!!
3 out of 7 cats in my house love the laser pointer. Toffee, Bartleby, and
Antonio will come running when they hear the jingle (it's on a keychain).
Bartleby always tries to outsmart it, Toffee and Antonio just chase it. The
other cats sometimes play, but they don't seem to love it.

I quit using my laser pointer because it ate batteries like they were
popcorn. I got it from Smith Foster for $10. It requires 2 batteries
and I did use Duracel. MLB
Old December 5th 04, 05:14 PM
Mary

"mlbriggs" wrote

I quit using my laser pointer because it ate batteries like they were
popcorn. I got it from Smith Foster for $10. It requires 2 batteries
and I did use Duracel. MLB

Did you have a little keychain type? Mine is maybe 2.5 inches long and
the batteries last for months.

Old December 7th 04, 05:46 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:14:44 +0000, Mary wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote

I quit using my laser pointer because it ate batteries like they were
popcorn. I got it from Smith Foster for $10. It requires 2 batteries
and I did use Duracel. MLB

Did you have a little keychain type? Mine is maybe 2.5 inches long and
the batteries last for months.

Yes, it is on a keychain and looks really nice. But it eats batteries.
MLB