torn

Old November 21st 03, 04:26 PM
keshcatlvr

Default torn

I have two 1-1/2 year old indoor male altered cats, Mazik and Nudnik.
Six months ago I sold my 2 br condo and moved into a 1 br apartment.
We are allowed one animal. I still have my two.

But Mazik is going crazy here. He is climbing the walls, literally. He
is jumping up onto the door jambs, knock over pictures from the book
shelves, leaping up to look out the peep hole, howling at the door,
etc. at 5:30 am.

I think the space is too small for him. Or for us. I have several
different toys that I keep hidden and take out alternately to play
with for diversion. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm torn because I've had him since baby-hood. But I find myself
feeling angry at him too.

I've been in animal rescue. I know what the deal is out there. I'm
torn.

Please, if you are going to yell at me and tell me I am a BAD PERSON,
don't bother replying. I just want REAL suggestions.

thanks.
Old November 21st 03, 06:18 PM
Joe Canuck

keshcatlvr wrote:
[...]

Consider enriching his environment...

Create a couple of perches where he can look out different windows.

Buy some SonoTube and create little tunnels for him to crawl around in.

Consider getting a drinking fountain with running water.

Install weatherstripping of some sort around the door to minimize the
noise coming in from the hallway.

Consider getting some additional cat furniture or perhaps making high
walkways or perches for him to enjoy.

Perhaps give him more of your own attention, play with him when you can

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck