Ungrateful boy!

Old August 28th 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Ungrateful boy!

I saw these pouches that were 60 per cent chicken, so I bought 4, thinking
Boyfie would love them.
I gave one of them to him for his meal last night. I thought he would fall
on it with delight. Instead he sniffed at it and said "what the +**& is
that?"
I was so determined that he would like it that I would not give him anything
else. It was still there this morning, so I guess he *doesn't* like it at
all. I threw it in the bin.
His cousin Tigger still won't eat his prawn pouch in the only boxful he will
consider so I'll swap.
I can't even give it to the chickens - they are keen consumers of any left
over cat food, but I draw the line at feeding chicken to chickens.
Ah, well. I thought he would like it and it would be a treat. It turned
out just the opposite. He hated it.
Tweed

Old August 28th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 28, 8:24*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I saw these pouches that were 60 per cent chicken, so I bought 4, thinkin
Boyfie would love them.
I gave one of them to him for his meal last night. *I thought he would fall
on it with delight. *Instead he sniffed at it and said "what the +**& is
that?"

Like when we got Bonnie- the morning I was picking her up I brought a
box of "Whiskas for kittens" when I served her in the look I got
plainly said"You took me from my mum, you brought me to this strange
new place with a huge hulking cat in it but THIS is the last straw!"
Wouldn't eat it at all but ploughed into Sarsi's food (and Sarsi
didn't like the kitten food either so by day 2 Sarsi was mugging me
for a share of a sandwich because Bonnie had eaten all her breakfast!
Bonnie's first nickname rather unflatteringy but totally truthful was
"Gannet"). I know all the books say kittens need different food from
adult cats but alas she hasn't read a book on cat nutrition- so I have
to give her adult wet although as a compromise she will eat kitten dry

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 28th 11, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I saw these pouches that were 60 per cent chicken, so I bought 4, thinking
Boyfie would love them.
I gave one of them to him for his meal last night. I thought he would
fall on it with delight. Instead he sniffed at it and said "what the +**&
is that?"
I was so determined that he would like it that I would not give him
anything else. It was still there this morning, so I guess he *doesn't*
like it at all. I threw it in the bin.
His cousin Tigger still won't eat his prawn pouch in the only boxful he
will consider so I'll swap. I can't even give it to the chickens - they
are keen consumers of any left over cat food, but I draw the line at
feeding chicken to chickens.

(that's a funny thought)

Ah, well. I thought he would like it and it would be a treat. It turned
out just the opposite. He hated it.
Tweed

Cats are strange that way. Persia won't eat tuna or any other sort of fish
for that matter. The only food she does eat is chicken.

Jill

Old August 28th 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Christina Websell" skrev i meddelandet
I saw these pouches that were 60 per cent chicken, so I bought 4, thinking
Boyfie would love them.
I gave one of them to him for his meal last night. I thought he would
fall on it with delight. Instead he sniffed at it and said "what the +**&
is that?"
I was so determined that he would like it that I would not give him
anything else. It was still there this morning, so I guess he *doesn't*
like it at all. I threw it in the bin.
His cousin Tigger still won't eat his prawn pouch in the only boxful he
will consider so I'll swap.
I can't even give it to the chickens - they are keen consumers of any left
over cat food, but I draw the line at feeding chicken to chickens.
Ah, well. I thought he would like it and it would be a treat. It turned
out just the opposite. He hated it.
Tweed

But perhaps it tasted awful. Did you taste it? LOL.
Elisabet

Old August 28th 11, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

But perhaps it tasted awful. Did you taste it? LOL.
Elisabet

No.
I really thought I got him a treatie food and he hated it.

Old August 28th 11, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, they are. Pickles won't eat any gooshy food except tuna.

Joy

Old August 29th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:37:33 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

The girls used to be sooooooo fussy about their gooshy food. They
would ONLY eat pate and ONLY very specific flavours. But I give them a
different flavour and texture each day, and they got used to most of
them. They also know that if they don't eat what's in front of them
a)Silver will, and b)they won't get anything different instead...
they're not going to starve without it, it's just their evening treat
(there's all the kibble they can eat in their bowl), and most of the
time they scarf it down.
Old August 30th 11, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , "Christina Websell" wrote:
I saw these pouches that were 60 per cent chicken, so I bought 4,...

This is an easy one to diagnose.

The problem was that you bought multiples of the new product. Had you
purchased exactly one, it would have been devoured instantly so that you could
be made to feel guilty at not having purchased multiples.

I thought all cat ownees knew this.

Art
Old August 30th 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
I saw these pouches that were 60 per cent chicken, so I bought 4,...

This is an easy one to diagnose.

The problem was that you bought multiples of the new product. Had you
purchased exactly one, it would have been devoured instantly so that you
could
be made to feel guilty at not having purchased multiples.

I thought all cat ownees knew this.

grin
I did not know this.

Tweed

Ungrateful Hoomans Meowmie Carol Cat community 2 February 12th 09 09:16 PM
Ungrateful Adrian A Cat anecdotes 8 February 14th 07 10:45 PM
The Ungrateful Little Snots Arthur Shapiro Cat anecdotes 20 June 6th 05 05:04 PM
Ungrateful little beggars... Karen AKA KajiKit Cat anecdotes 22 January 18th 05 09:04 AM
Ungrateful lizzard Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 12 November 3rd 03 01:02 AM