World's laziest cat

Old January 2nd 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default World's laziest cat

This would have been one dead bird had he tried this trick on Boyfriend who
would not have left a crumb anyway:
http://www.flixxy.com/seagull-and-cat.htm

Hope you like it

Tweed

Old January 2nd 11, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
This would have been one dead bird had he tried this trick on Boyfriend
who would not have left a crumb anyway:
http://www.flixxy.com/seagull-and-cat.htm

Hope you like it

Tweed

Love it. Especially the final scene!

MaryL

Old January 2nd 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

This would have been one dead bird had he tried this trick on Boyfriend who
would not have left a crumb anyway:
http://www.flixxy.com/seagull-and-cat.htm

I've seen that one before, but I totally forgot about the final scene -
that made me laugh loud enough that if Roxy had been curled up on the
desk, she would have stalked off in a huff.

That's one pampered kitty, who doesn't have to hunt for a living.

Joyce

--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old January 2nd 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
This would have been one dead bird had he tried this trick on Boyfriend who
would not have left a crumb anyway:
http://www.flixxy.com/seagull-and-cat.htm

Hope you like it

Tweed

Best part is where he takes off with the whole platter...
Old January 2nd 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
This would have been one dead bird had he tried this trick on Boyfriend
who would not have left a crumb anyway:
http://www.flixxy.com/seagull-and-cat.htm

Hope you like it

Tweed

He took the entire bowl! Yikes! Definitely a lazy (or not hungry) cat!

Jill

Old January 3rd 11, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On 02 Jan 2011 22:38:28 GMT, wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

This would have been one dead bird had he tried this trick on Boyfriend who
would not have left a crumb anyway:
http://www.flixxy.com/seagull-and-cat.htm

I've seen that one before, but I totally forgot about the final scene -
that made me laugh loud enough that if Roxy had been curled up on the
desk, she would have stalked off in a huff.

That's one pampered kitty, who doesn't have to hunt for a living.

Joyce

Right, I've seen it before but forgot the ending. The other great part
is where he first sees that cat and does a sort of backstep. He
recovers quickly though.

I think a seagull would be a tough opponent for a cat, although the
cat should certainly win. Gulls are pretty tough and that beak can do
some damage. I went on a bird walk recently (the annual Christmas Bird
Count) and the guide mentioned that there is no such thing as a
Seagull. There are however Laughing Gulls, Herring Gulls, and all
sorts of others. They all look like Seagulls to me though.
Old January 3rd 11, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

haha! The cat looks like: Well, Mom! There goes my dish!

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 3rd 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

It's just a general term for gulls of all species that everyone can
understand.
You are quite correct, there is no such thing as a "seagull" as such.

Whether Boyfriend would regret catching one (he's never seen one here) if it
attacked him when he did, I don't know.
He would certainly have been up and at it if it touched his food ;-)
However he is well known for not being brave about the big ratties with
chisel teeth which he pretends to ignore when he sees them now having tried
once only and got more than he bargained for.
Maybe this lazy cat had a similar experience with a seagull and just said
"no, tried it once, got bitten..let him have it.."
Tweed

Tweed

Old January 4th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

There's this seagull: http://www.seagullguitars.com/.

Bud
Old January 4th 11, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

This would have been one dead bird had he tried this trick on Boyfriend who
would not have left a crumb anyway:
http://www.flixxy.com/seagull-and-cat.htm

Hope you like it

I sure did! The cat looked like Shamrock, but he wouldn't have just
laid there. Then again, he's an indoor cat now, so maybe he would have.
I have no idea what kind of cat he was when he was a stray being fed
by a nice elderly lady. Given how he loves people, he probably made his
living begging rather than hunting.