Summer coats/winter coats

Old December 28th 11, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Summer coats/winter coats

on our cats. I'd like to ask that if your cat is indoor only does their fur
get thicker during the winter?
Boyfriend is shorthaired, but he is indoor/outdoor and his fur is really
thick now.
He's got a new collar for Christmas, it is black velvet with *diamonds* all
round it, posh eh? but it would be buried in his fur if he wore it now.
My aunt found it in her garden. She saved it for Boyfie's Christmas
prezzie. It has a snap-off quick release closure, so I guess the original
owner of it caught it on her fence while he/she was nipping over it.
He'll have to wear it in summer for the full effect. To impress his American
girlfriend, Mimi who resides with MMJ ;-)
Tweed

Old December 28th 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 12/28/2011 5:01 PM, Christina Web sell wrote:
on our cats. I'd like to ask that if your cat is indoor only does their fur
get thicker during the winter?
Boyfriend is shorthaired, but he is indoor/outdoor and his fur is really
thick now.
He's got a new collar for Christmas, it is black velvet with *diamonds* all
round it, posh eh? but it would be buried in his fur if he wore it now.
My aunt found it in her garden. She saved it for Boyfie's Christmas
prezzie. It has a snap-off quick release closure, so I guess the original
owner of it caught it on her fence while he/she was nipping over it.
He'll have to wear it in summer for the full effect. To impress his American
girlfriend, Mimi who resides with MMJ ;-)
Tweed

Sad to sat that, lately, Mimi would only be impressed if said collar had
*kibble* all around it!

And so would Annie (Mimi's d*ggie sisfur)!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old December 28th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

on our cats. I'd like to ask that if your cat is indoor only does their fur
get thicker during the winter?
Boyfriend is shorthaired, but he is indoor/outdoor and his fur is really
thick now.
He's got a new collar for Christmas, it is black velvet with *diamonds* all
round it, posh eh? but it would be buried in his fur if he wore it now.
My aunt found it in her garden. She saved it for Boyfie's Christmas
prezzie. It has a snap-off quick release closure, so I guess the original
owner of it caught it on her fence while he/she was nipping over it.
He'll have to wear it in summer for the full effect. To impress his American
girlfriend, Mimi who resides with MMJ ;-)
Tweed

They seem to. They certainly shed a lot in the spring. Someone told me
once that shedding was set off by increasing daylight. They don't find
it much warmer in the spring, anyway, so that can't be it.

--
Cheryl
Old December 28th 11, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On 2011-12-28, Christina Websell wrote:

... I'd like to ask that if your cat is indoor only does their fur
get thicker during the winter?

I think cats are affected by the amount of sunlight. My cat is indoor only
now, owing to her advanced age (17), and her coat gets thicker in winter.

Bud
Old December 29th 11, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2011-12-28, Christina Websell wrote:

... I'd like to ask that if your cat is indoor only does their fur
get thicker during the winter?

I think cats are affected by the amount of sunlight. My cat is indoor only
now, owing to her advanced age (17), and her coat gets thicker in winter.

If this theory is true, Marina's cats must have extreme changes in their
amount of fur!

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster
Old December 29th 11, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

every indoor cat i have ever had gets a winter coats its how i can tell how
bad winter is going to be, Lee

Old December 29th 11, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Much thicker- Sarsi right now looks a lot bigger than her usual sleek
petite frame because I swear her coat is an inch or more thicker than
in the summer

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 31st 11, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
[...]

Still his beloved butterball, then..?
He doesn't mind a fat cat for a girlfriend to cuddle round him and keep him
warm.

Old January 5th 12, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

on our cats. I'd like to ask that if your cat is indoor only does their fur
get thicker during the winter?
Boyfriend is shorthaired, but he is indoor/outdoor and his fur is really
thick now.
He's got a new collar for Christmas, it is black velvet with *diamonds* all
round it, posh eh? but it would be buried in his fur if he wore it now.
My aunt found it in her garden. She saved it for Boyfie's Christmas
prezzie. It has a snap-off quick release closure, so I guess the original
owner of it caught it on her fence while he/she was nipping over it.
He'll have to wear it in summer for the full effect. To impress his American
girlfriend, Mimi who resides with MMJ ;-)
Tweed

- - - - - - - - -

Yes, Holly and Duffy (and RB cats I have had) get thicker fur in the winter,
and they shed a lot in the spring.

MaryL

Old January 5th 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

I didn't notice my cats' hair getting any thicker, but since we've been
having a very warm spell (80 F and up) for a couple of weeks now, I've
noticed they're shedding profusely.

Joy

Winter is Here! [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 7 December 23rd 08 12:14 AM
Fur Coats Dan Camper Cat community 0 October 13th 08 04:13 PM
Some Coats May Have Fur From Dogs Matthew Cat anecdotes 5 February 24th 07 07:43 PM
Cat in winter 223rem Cat anecdotes 0 February 16th 07 05:18 AM