Boyfriend's injury solved

Old May 12th 14, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend's injury solved

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 5/5/2014 5:18 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Remember, in the UK, a "garden" can simply be USAIN for "yard" - not
necessarily meaning even a lawn.

Absolutely.

Jill

Not so. A yard in the UK is a totally paved area, usually small like behind
a terraced house in a city. A garden has predominantly plants growing in
earth (if you see what I mean)

Old May 12th 14, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 May 2014 23:53:07 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Right down my garden, where I rarely go (but did recently, trying to get
my
walking on track) I found a gap in the fence and a broken pane of glass
with a sharp point on it propped up against it. It was at exactly the
height to cause his injury if he squeezed through. I've removed it so now
have no worries it will happen again.

It makes me feel ill just thinking about it, but something like this was
about the most plausible explanation I could come up with. I'm so glad you
found and removed it. Glass panes pretty much last forever - let's all be
careful!

I was pretty sure that broken glass had cause his injury but was not sure
where it was. As he goes out into neighbouring gardens I was worried I
might never know, but now I do.
It's still a bit of a mystery, as I am sure I never put it there even
intact, but hey, I found it. I am confident that pane of glass was the
culprit. Broken into a point at exactly the right height that my beloved
Boy's intestines were spilled out of his side.
I was up at 11.40pm waiting for him (he'd only gone out at 9.30) and I
rushed to the vets who saved him.

Up until now, it's like it never happened, he's as well as he was before.

Old May 13th 14, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 May 2014 21:38:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

It's good to know you found it, BUT..

ARE you really ready for gardening??

No, not yet!

I really hadn't expected you would be, but it is good to know
that you're up and about, even if just a bit for now.

I am very fortunate to be alive. I refused to go to hospiatl for two weeks

To reply by email, lose the Ks...

---
protection is active.

Old May 13th 14, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 5/5/2014 5:18 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Remember, in the UK, a "garden" can simply be USAIN for "yard" - not
necessarily meaning even a lawn.

Absolutely.

Jill

Not so. A yard in the UK is a totally paved area, usually small like behind
a terraced house in a city. A garden has predominantly plants growing in
earth (if you see what I mean)

Yes, I know what you mean. What Evelyn meant was what you call a
"garden" in the UK is the US equivalent of a "yard" which involves plant
life. In my case, grass and shrubs. Not talking about paved or pavered
spaces.

Jill
Old May 18th 14, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 May 2014 00:44:45 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

It's good to know you found it, BUT..

ARE you really ready for gardening??

No, not yet!

I really hadn't expected you would be, but it is good to know
that you're up and about, even if just a bit for now.

I am very fortunate to be alive. I refused to go to hospiatl for two
weeks

I understand. I avoided hospitals for 55 years, until I had a
nosebleed I couldn't control. A week inside, and diagnosed with
seriously high blood pressure. Now well controlled with meds.

Glad to hear you saw sense in the end :-) I always think "oh, I'll be OK in
a couple of weeks" This is the second time I wouldn't to to hospital with
what turned out to be fractures - the first time was my shoulder. This time
it could have been so potentially serious that I have promised Claire (my
s-i-l) that I will never do it again. Bless her lovely heart, she came three
times a day to look after me( and Boyfie and the chickens) while I sat in my
chair saying "I'm sure I'll be fine soon" until I gave up and realised.
Plus she visited me almost every day in hospital and came 3 times a day to
make food for me and care for the animals when I came home, despite the fact
that she works and has 3 children of school age with football and
extra-curricular stuff.
And she is afraid of birds, so looking after the chickens was a challenge
for her but she managed it.
I am able to cook for myself now but Claire still comes every other day to
clean out the chicken hut before she goes to work. I hope I will be able to
do it myself soon.

She does it with such good grace. Nothing is too much trouble - I only have
to ask and she will do it, which makes me want to do things myself now, if
you see what I mean.
I wish I had such a sweet temperament as she has.
Tweed