feline hip surgery

Old October 10th 04, 11:56 PM
Jay

Default feline hip surgery

Hi,

After coming home last night we found our cat limping. We took her
to an after hours emergency clinic. The vet who examined her showed
us that she had a femoral head fracture. They do not perform the
operation there and could not answer some of my questions. I will be
calling local vet office tomorrow to arrange for treatment, but I was
curious as to whether anyone could tell me if their cat had been
through this type of injury, recovery time and quality, and cost of
surgery. Thanks all!

Jay
Old October 11th 04, 12:52 AM
MacCandace

After coming home last night we found our cat limping. We took her
to an after hours emergency clinic

I'm afraid I don't know anything about it but I hope your kitty is okay. Let
us know what happens. Was she outside when this occurred? How old is she?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old October 14th 04, 01:00 AM
ceb2

(Jay) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

After coming home last night we found our cat limping. We took her
to an after hours emergency clinic. The vet who examined her showed
us that she had a femoral head fracture. They do not perform the
operation there and could not answer some of my questions. I will be
calling local vet office tomorrow to arrange for treatment, but I was
curious as to whether anyone could tell me if their cat had been
through this type of injury, recovery time and quality, and cost of
surgery. Thanks all!

Jay

I had an Orange Tiger, George, who got hit by a car when he was twelve
and broke his hip. They basically removed the ball from his ball and
socket joint. He was supposed to be in a cast (or restraint) for
nearly a month. About a week later I couldn't find him. Looked for
hours. Gave up and went out for a while, when I got back he was lying
on the bed, but his cast was nowhere to be found. (I later found it in
a crawl space) I immediately took George to the vet. The vet was so
impressed with his progress he didn't even bother replacing the cast.
George recovered great. He slowed down a little but he was twelve when
it happened. He lived to the ripe old age of 17. Not bad for an
outdoor cat. His eating, sleeping and bathroom habits were the same
after the accident. I don't remeber the cost but it was around 20
years ago. Good luck to your Kitty!

Carl in CT

PS. Curse you for making me remeber George! Forgot how great he was!

Old October 14th 04, 04:09 AM
Mary

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
(Jay) wrote in message

[...]

Is this what made you pay to mutilate your three perfect and perfectly
beautiful kittens last week, scumbag?

Old October 14th 04, 03:59 PM
Mary

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
"Mary" wrote in message

.com...
"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
(Jay) wrote in message

[...]

Oh my. Does it PAIN you when I remind you of what you did? Too ****ing bad,
cretin. Your ISP-for-idiots allows many screen names. Try changing your name
if you don't like being reminded of what you have done.