Milo has gone AWOL

Old July 7th 04, 08:36 PM
Karen

And my vet says the BEST time to call for a missing cat is at dusk and dawn.
Also, go out after dark with a flashlight because they are so good at hiding
if they get afraid, the light can bounce off their eyes and lead you to
them. Check any ground level window wells. Missing cats are rarely more than
three houses away.

Karen

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

Adrian wrote in message
I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours, he was playing with Baggy in the
garden, then he vanished. Instead of celebrating his first birthday I'm
sitting here worried sick. I've made flyers and spoken to most of the
neighbours, will go round again this evening. I've got a feeling I'll
never see him again, please purr that I'm wrong.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Many purrs from me and my crew for Milo's safe return, Adrian. I urge

you
not to give up on finding him, or give in to your worst fears quite yet,
although I definitely sympathize with your anxiety. Pan disappeared for a
full day after I moved into my current apartment, and I was FRANTIC. I'll
never forget the relief of hearing his voice outside my front door,

calling
me to let him in late that night.

Another thing you might do is to walk around your yard/property and keep
calling Milo, maybe armed with his favorite treats. He could have gone
exploring, and become frightened or disoriented and unable to find his way
back. Your familiar voice calling his name could be an important guide for
him. Also... well, check any local animal control/pounds nearby to see if

he
was picked up. In which case, he'll be REALLY glad to see you. Cats have
found their owners again, after longer absences than 24 hours. Friends of
mine who recently moved had their cat come back after her having been gone
for a MONTH. She was in rough shape, but she did come home alive, and is
making a good recovery.

Courage, and let us know when Milo's safe at home, again.

Melissa
Panther, Francesca and TK.

Old July 7th 04, 08:53 PM
Christine Burel

Oh no, Adrian! Please know we are sending mega-find-Milo purrs for you!
Please keep us posted!
Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old July 7th 04, 08:53 PM
jmcquown

Karen wrote:
And my vet says the BEST time to call for a missing cat is at dusk
and dawn.

Agreed, Karen! It was dusk when Persia made her reappearance after being
missing for 24 hours. I'd broken down and cried on the patio swing after
walking around and calling for her until my voice was gone. I remember
clearly, heaving a huge sigh, wiping my eyes and going inside, thinking
,"I'll never see her again and my heart is broken". Not two minutes later I
heard "MEOW?" at my back door. The rest is history. I had her microchipped
the next week.

Jill

Old July 7th 04, 09:07 PM
Arthur Shapiro

In article , "Adrian" wrote:
I haven't seen Milo for 24 hour

Damn. There's no worse feeling. We'll all worry with you. I've had the
kitties very, very sporadically disappear for as long as four days before
returning.

Art

Old July 7th 04, 09:48 PM
Jeanette

Adrian wrote in message
I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours, he was playing with Baggy in the
garden, then he vanished. Instead of celebrating his first birthday I'm
sitting here worried sick. I've made flyers and spoken to most of the
neighbours, will go round again this evening. I've got a feeling I'll
never see him again, please purr that I'm wrong.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Purrs aplenty on their way Adrian, it's not that long since I was worried
sick about Cav. He was gone for five nights, then turned up chipper as
anything.

Jeanette

Old July 7th 04, 10:12 PM
Takayuki

"Adrian" wrote:

I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours, he was playing with Baggy in the
garden, then he vanished. Instead of celebrating his first birthday I'm
sitting here worried sick. I've made flyers and spoken to most of the
neighbours, will go round again this evening. I've got a feeling I'll
never see him again, please purr that I'm wrong.

Oh no! Purrs that he finds his way home. I think there's a good
chance that he'll come back. 24 hours may be unusual for him, but
it's still short by being-lost standards, and we've had many cats on
RPCA get lost and come back after considerably longer periods than
that.