Ping Lee

Old March 6th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Ping Lee

*large amounts of drool gush from the side of the hoomins mouth as the cats
watch in amazement!!!* I love apple butter, Lee
jofirey wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
OR MINE ;-)

I would be more worried about a crack house looking place with 20 guys
hanging around all day than what you described

If you ever want to see what my home town still looks like rent the

movie
that has Patrick Swayze as a hillbilly cop in it or watch the fire down
below with Steven Seagal in it

You know, reading all you hill folk talking about home really triggered a
distinct memory for me. Remember the way the houses smelled in the

winter?
Kind of a combination of smoke and bacon? From the woodstoves. Friends

of
my mom had a big iron kettle out back where they cooked apple butter in

the
fall. We always got a couple of quart jars of that to take home when we
visited. No other apple butter in the world begins to compare.

Jo

Old March 6th 08, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Kyla sings 'in the 'still' of the night G

"Stormmee"
you gotta still, we are friends, Lee
Matthew
sitting on the front porch drinking out of a corn jug marked xxx with
corn
cob pipe hanging out of my mouth
big grin across my face playing blue grass on a banjo while the rest of
the family is making sure the still is running right

"Granby" wrote in message
I was told this earlier today. I guess I didn't remember reading that
anywhere else. It is with profound apologies that I called you a city
Slicker. Anybody that know bout possums can't be all bad.
"Matthew" wrote in message
City slicker please I was born and raised in The hills of kentucky.
am a hillbilly at heart but got to pretend to be a redneck here in
florida don't want to scare the locals with my edumacation ;-)

"Stormmee" wrote in message
haven't looked at it, I guess if I sent it to my sister it would make
her
hurke like a kitten.... don't forget you are probably related to him,
Lee
Granby wrote in message
I don't know if you talker will work on the web page Matthew sent

but,
if
not let me know. You have to send to the folks in Missouri. Is a
whole
page of Possum stuff. Like Catching it on a moon lit night, to
stuffing
and
all sorts of recipes. Our Granny's would be so proud. Especially
proud
that a city slicker found the site!!!

Old March 6th 08, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"jofirey"
"Matthew"
OR MINE ;-)

I would be more worried about a crack house looking place with 20 guys
hanging around all day than what you described

LOL

If you ever want to see what my home town still looks like rent the
movie that has Patrick Swayze as a hillbilly cop in it

Next of Kin?

or watch the fire down
below with Steven Seagal in it

I love Fire Down Below.

You know, reading all you hill folk talking about home really triggered a
distinct memory for me. Remember the way the houses smelled in the
winter? Kind of a combination of smoke and bacon? From the woodstoves.
Friends of my mom had a big iron kettle out back where they cooked apple
butter in the fall. We always got a couple of quart jars of that to take
home when we visited. No other apple butter in the world begins to
compare.

Jo

Oh droooooool...my gramma used to make pear butter.
Those were the good ol days
Kyla

Old March 6th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My daughter lives in Grand Island NY and this year she made apple butter.
She was amazed at how many people said "I didn't know you could make that at
home."

Old March 6th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"jofirey" wrote in message

You know, reading all you hill folk talking about home really triggered a
distinct memory for me. Remember the way the houses smelled in the
winter? Kind of a combination of smoke and bacon? From the woodstoves.
Friends of my mom had a big iron kettle out back where they cooked apple
butter in the fall. We always got a couple of quart jars of that to take
home when we visited. No other apple butter in the world begins to
compare.

We used to make it when I was a kid. I don't remember the recipe for it,
but man the house smelled like cinnamon, apples and other good stuff for
days. We also used to cook our ham and beans, split pea soup, and other
slow cooker stuff on the wood stove (two steps up from the Franklin stove)
that was used to heat our house. It saved a lot of power bills and fed us
at the same time.

Pam S.

Old March 6th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
Kyla sings 'in the 'still' of the night G

If the stuff is made right, both definitions will work.

Pam S.

Old March 6th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jofirey wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message
OR MINE ;-)

I would be more worried about a crack house looking place with 20 guys
hanging around all day than what you described

If you ever want to see what my home town still looks like rent the movie
that has Patrick Swayze as a hillbilly cop in it or watch the fire down
below with Steven Seagal in it

You know, reading all you hill folk talking about home really triggered a
distinct memory for me. Remember the way the houses smelled in the winter?
Kind of a combination of smoke and bacon? From the woodstoves. Friends of
my mom had a big iron kettle out back where they cooked apple butter in the
fall. We always got a couple of quart jars of that to take home when we
visited. No other apple butter in the world begins to compare.

Dinner cooked over a campfire is incomparable, too! (And not just
because living outdoors tends to whet your appetite.)

Ping Pam S sam Cat anecdotes 1 December 2nd 07 01:20 AM
Ping: Dan jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 September 30th 07 09:40 PM
ping: BEV Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 2 May 27th 06 05:14 AM
PING Pat NMR Cat anecdotes 0 December 25th 05 09:34 PM
Ping Yoj JBHajos Cat anecdotes 1 July 15th 05 12:10 AM