Kitty Farmcat is doing well

Old August 3rd 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Kitty Farmcat is doing well

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

OMG!!! I missed your posting about this (I have been only spotty about
reading lately because I hadn't been using my computer at home any more).

I did not post about it, I thought it would be boring for you all.

Gads, girl, that sounds dreadful! Are you OK now? Be *very* careful
about your neck. I learned the hard way that injuries to the neck can
show up weeks or months after a fall. If you feel the least bit of pain
in your neck, or start getting tingling in your fingers, be sure to get
yourself the to surgery as soon as you can. Mega healing purrs on their
way to you!!!

All fingers and the thumb in my left hand are numb. Doc says "it will
come right eventually" not sure what the timescale is, but 6 months now
and I would have hoped to see an improvement by now.

Tweed

Oh man! Do go back to the doctor, Tweed! If it is bone pressing on a nerve
in your neck, they can fix that. But if that nerve gets too damaged they
*can't* fix that. Please don't let that go on too long!

Fluffy Tails,

CatNipped

Old August 3rd 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 2, 6:17 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I've not updated about KFC for a while now. She's doing really well atm.
She will not eat anything except "real chicken" unfortunately - I worry
about feeding her exclusively on her "ultimate favourite food" as there will
be nothing to tempt her if she deteriorates again, and I do wish I could get
her back on to cat food, but I can't.

It's great that she is doing so well. I'm a big fan of hers. I _hope_
the only problem with the chicken-only diet is the expense, which I
know you don't begrudge.

She has put on an amazing amount of weight, she was really frail and now she
isn't. It might be due to the two anabolic steriod injections she got from
TED or the rehydration fluid that she needed because of her CRF that I gave
her to drink. She chose to drink it over the choice of plain water, maybe
because of the sugar in it.

This sounds like a very useful fluid.

She's on plain water to drink with rehydration fluid once a week now, all
the chicken she can eat is hers and this girl is getting plump.

Hooray.

Her fur got horribly matted because she does not groom herself now, and I
could do nothing about it for three months when I broke my ribs and shortly
after that fell down the stairs and did dire things to my wrist, shoulder
and neck.

I hope you take care of yourself. You are KFC's only permanent staff
you know.

I have managed to tease and pluck out some of her mats gradually
now - she hates it and slashes, but what she doesn't know is that I will be
asking my friend June (who can handle anything, stallions..) to visit and
hold her - it will be a towel-over-the-head job - to tease all those mats
out, and just maybe, if June is up for it once we get her groomed out from
the mats, she might get a bath for the first time in her life, her fur is so
horribly greasy.
I know June will be up for it, actually, watch this space.

It is good to have a powerful ally. When dealing with someone as
strong as KFC it may be a necessity. Good luck.

Will in New Haven
“He was the state champion of Connecticut. I figured ‘How tough could
he be?’” Tony Danza on one of his last boxing matches

Old August 3rd 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mishi" wrote in message
!

PS: can you tell me where you found the rehydration fluid recipe - I would
like to try it with her. Thanks!

Two tablespoons of sugar, one quarter teaspoon salt, one quarter teaspoon
bicarbonate of soda (baking powder) in a litre of boiled water.
I cannot tell you where I found it - I put it in my book of useful things
some years ago, I knew I would need it one day.

Tweed

Old August 3rd 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Glad to hear about KFC Lee was asking about her a day or so ago.
[...]
shoulder and neck. I have managed to tease and pluck out some of her mats

Old August 3rd 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
I've not updated about KFC for a while now. She's doing really
well atm. ...

Her fur got horribly matted because she does not groom herself
now, ...

Cats get vitamin D from self-grooming. P'r'aps she should be
getting some booster shots, or at leat try getting her to lick
some margarine!

--
MatSav

Old August 3rd 08, 08:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"Mishi" wrote in message
!

PS: can you tell me where you found the rehydration fluid recipe - I would
like to try it with her. Thanks!

Two tablespoons of sugar, one quarter teaspoon salt, one quarter teaspoon
bicarbonate of soda (baking powder) in a litre of boiled water.
I cannot tell you where I found it - I put it in my book of useful things
some years ago, I knew I would need it one day.

Tweed

Here are a few links I found with similar recipes, some don't use the
soda at all, only sugar and salt in the water. And then there are other
recipes too...

http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16760
http://hv.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and...?msg_id=001dzV
http://www.survival-center.com/med-faq/med-9.htm
http://www.simplyprepared.com/rehydration%20drinks.htm

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 3rd 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
snip
I have managed to tease and pluck out some of her mats gradually
now - she hates it and slashes, but what she doesn't know is that I will be
asking my friend June (who can handle anything, stallions..) to visit and
hold her - it will be a towel-over-the-head job - to tease all those mats
out, and just maybe, if June is up for it once we get her groomed out from
the mats, she might get a bath for the first time in her life, her fur is so
horribly greasy.
I know June will be up for it, actually, watch this space.

I wouldn't like to be in June's shoes. Purrs for the fur-cleaning
operation to go well, and purrs, always, for the feisty old lady KFC.

Old August 3rd 08, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cl

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear that KFC is doing well!

cl
Old August 3rd 08, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]
wrist, shoulder and neck. I have managed to tease and pluck out some
of her mats gradually now - she hates it and slashes, but what she
doesn't know is that I will be asking my friend June (who can handle
anything, stallions..) to visit and hold her - it will be a
towel-over-the-head job - to tease all those mats out, and just
maybe, if June is up for it once we get her groomed out from the
mats, she might get a bath for the first time in her life, her fur is
so horribly greasy. I know June will be up for it, actually, watch this
space.

Tweed

I'm happy to hear KFC's still doing well. I hope you and June manage to
groom her, I'd rather handle a stallion than a ****ed off cat.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 3rd 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad to hear Kitty Farmcat is doing so well! Good luck with the
grooming and possible bath.

Jill