Living in the garden part 3.

Old August 6th 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Living in the garden part 3.

After her successful shoulder-ride around the hen huts, Lucky would make
certain she was available every morning to do it again. She would wait
until she saw me and then stand up with her tail up in the greeting
position, giving her famous "open-mouth-no meow" and leap on to my shoulder.
She would always rub my cheek with hers as soon as she did it and give a
little mrrp.
This went on for a long time. I got to look forward to it. Second part of
cunning plan - make your potential new meowmie want to see you every day ;-)
She wasn't able to approach the part of the garden near the house - it was
still full of whippets (they were excluded from the chicken area, except for
Minnie, who did not find them fun to catch..)

I'd been having big problems with foxes preying on my poultry, taking the
odd one in the day which I let go but when I had a big hit in the daytime
(20+ killed) enough was enough.
I got in touch with a vermin controller and we set up a catch alive fox
trap.

Then after about three years, with a bait of long-dead woodpigeon I caught a
little b/w tuxedo girl in it overnight. Of course, being a catch alive trap
I was able to let her go, but it got me thinking. Did this mean she didn't
have a home, after all? Why would she go into a trap to eat smelly meat if
she had?
So I started to feed her twice a day, a saucer of wet food right down the
garden and I put a little donut bed in my toolshed, which she condescended
to use.

more to come

Old August 6th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 6, 1:22*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Were you aware of her long-term plans at that point. I guess not but
you must have known she was not going anywhere.

It's so good when a plan comes together.

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 6th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Were you aware of her long-term plans at that point. I guess not but
you must have known she was not going anywhere.

It's so good when a plan comes together.

No, I had no idea. No idea about how crafty she was. To get into a house of
someone who's always had dogs and does NOT WANT A CAT AT ALL takes some
doing.

Tweed

Old August 6th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Were you aware of her long-term plans at that point. I guess not but
you must have known she was not going anywhere.

It's so good when a plan comes together.

No, I had no idea. No idea about how crafty she was. To get into a house
of someone who's always had dogs and does NOT WANT A CAT AT ALL takes some
doing.

Tweed

And it takes someone who responds to the message being sent, someone who can
understand a language not their own. Someone in tune with the world they
live in and the creatures that live in it with them. Many people go through
their whole lives totally unaware of what surrounds them, there is only one
person in their universe and they are shut off to the wonders that we see
dailey.

Maybe you didn't want a cat, but you weren't adverse to listening to what
she was saying.
Karla

Old August 7th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

almost makes you think that in a couple of hundred years the excavators will
find a little tiny notepad with her plan on it, Lee

Old August 7th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 6, 11:03*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Were you aware of her long-term plans at that point. I guess not but
you must have known she was not going anywhere.

It's so good when a plan comes together.

No, I had no idea. *No idea about how crafty she was. To get into a house of
someone who's always had dogs and does NOT WANT A CAT AT ALL takes some
doing.

If you had come onto RPCA at this point and said something like: "I
don't want a cat but there's a little black and white cat that hangs
around my chickens catching mice and rides on my shoulders. I've
always assumed she had a home nearby but I had to put a live trap down
recently and she got caught in it so I wonder whether she has now as
the bait was a very dead wood pigeon. I've started to put food down
for her just a saucer of wet twice a day and I put a bed in my shed,
which she uses but the problem is I don't want a cat at all so what do
I do?"

Within 5 minutes someone would say "You say you don't want a cat-
sorry you have no choice in this the cat has spoken"

And we'd open a book on how long before the cat was indoors and being
waited on and had a name and you started posting pictures

Then again you know better now don't you?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 7th 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

--------
Ah, but. Don't forget I still had a houseful of whippets so coming inside
was not an option at that point unless it was a suicide bid.

Tweed

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 7th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Karla" wrote in message

[...]

You flatter me a bit, Karla, but thank you. I knew what she was saying but
I knew, and she knew, that her wish could not be granted at that time. She
was merely telling me "when you have a vacancy, I will be there.."
I was being stalked by a cat ;-)

Tweed

Old August 7th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 7, 9:34*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Ah, but. * Don't forget I still had a houseful of whippets so coming inside
was not an option at that point unless it was a suicide bid.

True but KFC genius that she was had it all worked out- she was
planning for her retirement