AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [OT]

Old May 9th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [OT]

The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children. Employers
could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies
to disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children.
Employers could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

Where did you hear this? AFAIK, Employers have always had the ability to
choose what plan to purchase for their employees and the benefits allowable
are purely up to the insurance policy as written. I was never aware of any
mandated coverage "law" for mammograms or routine exams for anyone. (You
might recall I'm a licensed agent in life, AD&D and health.)

Prior to the introduction of HMO's and PPO's, the primary policies purchased
by Employers were Comprehensive Major Medical and most did not cover the
cost of routine exams. Again, depending on the policy language, mammograms
were only covered if the attending physician determined there was a need for
one, rather than simply an annual "preventive" mammogram.

Jill

Old May 9th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I heard it on Good Morning America this morning. Right now "standard
coverage" includes all tests or recommended doctor visits. This bill will
allow insurance companies to remove *ANY* mammograms or routine doctor
visits for children from coverage. Before this employers could choose to
not cover elective procedures, but had to cover standard procedures.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children. Employers
could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

That is very short sighted. I lost some friends to breast cancers. Many
among them
detected the cancer early but still lost the battles. Imagine if mammogram
is not covered
by insurance, many who need it may not go for it. It is more costly to treat
cancer at
a later stage.
These days I don't even need a doctor's requisiton to go for a mammogram as
I am
in a provincial breast screening program. They sent me a reminder to go for
a mammogram
every year or two. Of course it was paid by the provincial health insurance.
I don't have any family history of breast cancer. My only risk factor is my
age.

Winnie

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

.. (You
might recall I'm a licensed agent in life, AD&D and health.)

Please enlighten me...I read that statement that you are a licenced
agent in life, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (tm) and health!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 9th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children. Employers
could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

--

They also want to include a mandory routine AIDS test with physicals. I
think that's unfair practice because then future insurance companies can

Speaking as an uninsured, unemployed person who is going in for a mammogram
on Thursday, I can tell you how difficult it was to find a clinic who will
even see me. They're taking me on a sliding scale based upon how much money
my husband makes. After the mammogram, though, I have no idea how I'm going
to financially face treatment. I may not do anything and just let nature
take its course.

If I was a single, unemployed person with children, I would be eligible for
Medicaid, but as a married woman under 40, I am not.

I am so disgruntled with the way the government is being run and I don't see
it changing for the better.

kili

Old May 9th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...
. (You
might recall I'm a licensed agent in life, AD&D and health.)

Please enlighten me...I read that statement that you are a licenced
agent in life, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (tm) and health!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL! It stands for Accidental Death and Disability I believe.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...
. (You
might recall I'm a licensed agent in life, AD&D and health.)

Please enlighten me...I read that statement that you are a licenced
agent in life, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (tm) and health!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hey don't knock that game ;-)

Old May 9th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children.
Employers could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

That is very short sighted. I lost some friends to breast cancers. Many
among them

Yes, very short-sighted, but not without precedence. They won't pay for
birth control even though pregnancy is more expensive to treat, they won't
pay for weight control even though heart attacks, strokes, and other results
of overweight are more expensive to treat, and they won't pay for smoking
cessation aids even though lung cancer, heart disease, strokes, emphazema
and other smoking-related diseases are more expensive to treat.

It's not unusual to have a co-pay of $300 or more per month for family
coverage - and if you don't pay that you may end up with hundreds of
thousands of dollars of medical bills instead. But paying $300 or more per
month for family coverage - how will most families squeeze out the extra
bucks for mammograms and pediatric health monitoring???!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped