AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [OT]

Old May 9th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default ARGH - Links [OT]

Here are some links detailing more about the bill:

http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/9818

http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPa...en tId=107650

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children. Employers
could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [OT]

I hate to say it I as an employer I am running into problems with health
insurance. I may have to either cancel our insurance coverage or have our
employees fully cover it themselves instead of doing partial pay. This year
insurance cost has tripled for group coverage. I have checked into other
companies they are almost double my current cost. I also have checked with
the insurance companies I may go down to individual coverage and do partial
pay that it would be extremely cost effective but the companies may not
cover everyone. I do my best for my employees and want to do my best but
you can only go so far. Even COBRA has gotten really ridiculous

"kilikini" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children.
Employers
could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

--

They also want to include a mandory routine AIDS test with physicals. I
think that's unfair practice because then future insurance companies can

Speaking as an uninsured, unemployed person who is going in for a
mammogram
on Thursday, I can tell you how difficult it was to find a clinic who will
even see me. They're taking me on a sliding scale based upon how much
money
my husband makes. After the mammogram, though, I have no idea how I'm
going
to financially face treatment. I may not do anything and just let nature
take its course.

If I was a single, unemployed person with children, I would be eligible
for
Medicaid, but as a married woman under 40, I am not.

I am so disgruntled with the way the government is being run and I don't
see
it changing for the better.

kili

Old May 9th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Please enlighten me...I read that statement that you are a licenced
agent in life, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (tm) and health!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hey don't knock that game ;-)

Me? I started many happy hours RPG'ing with the Players Guide (as well
as my first fumbling attempts to DM). I'm even annoyed because
tonight's game of AD and D has been cancelled (Just when Otto Proudfoot
was about to achieve one of his ambitions- to stuff himself senseless!)

Old May 9th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...

Please enlighten me...I read that statement that you are a licenced
agent in life, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (tm) and health!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hey don't knock that game ;-)

Me? I started many happy hours RPG'ing with the Players Guide (as well
as my first fumbling attempts to DM). I'm even annoyed because
tonight's game of AD and D has been cancelled (Just when Otto Proudfoot
was about to achieve one of his ambitions- to stuff himself senseless!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I had to quit even though I am old could not find a group that we could
maintain I did not care about age but could never get a group together. We
once had a group of 20 people lasted about 6 months was great. I had a
blast cooking for everyone and getting every one together to play. Now if I
could find a group of more than 2 I am lucky. I have every 3 of every book
published for the games. One of each of the set has been signed by the
author or Gary. They are sealed up for value. The new books have gotten
real interesting got to love technology. You know about paizo.com right

Old May 9th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children. Employers
could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

The ADA (American Diabetes Association) has also been asking people to
contact their legislators because a proposed new federal law would preempt
state laws (in many states) that require coverage of diabetes and supplies.

MaryL

Old May 9th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children.
Employers could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

The ADA (American Diabetes Association) has also been asking people to
contact their legislators because a proposed new federal law would preempt
state laws (in many states) that require coverage of diabetes and
supplies.

MaryL

I remember when the ADA revised the blood sugar level to a lower point to
allow people to start being treat early for their diabetes. Insurance will
give you a meter, cover the test, cover related illness but not the supplies
required for testing.

Old May 9th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies to
disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children.
Employers could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

How much more is this administration going to deliberately hurt the lower
and middle classes of this country???!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

The ADA (American Diabetes Association) has also been asking people to
contact their legislators because a proposed new federal law would preempt
state laws (in many states) that require coverage of diabetes and
supplies.

MaryL

I hope the senate listens! It's hard enough to afford health care in the
US - as I said in another reply, most people are *CO*-paying $300+ each
month for family coverage. This paragraph from an article about the bill
left me flabbergasted:

"Under Enzi's proposal, a customer with the most expensive in premiums could
face prices 26 times greater than the person with the cheapest premiums. In
states that use the more restrictive rating rules, the highest prices can be
as little as two times the lowest prices."

How many people will be forced to drop their coverage because of this bill.
Yes, I feel sorry for small business owners who have trouble providing their
employees with health care coverage, but I feel more sorry for those people
(including the "working poor") who can't afford health care coverage. How
many of our mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends will be lose to breast
cancer because they couldn't afford routine mammograms!!!?????

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

CatNipped wrote:
The senate is considering a bill that would allow insurance companies
to disallow coverage of mammograms and routine exams for children.
Employers could choose to go with the cheaper plan with less coverage.

Where did you hear this? AFAIK, Employers have always had the ability to
choose what plan to purchase for their employees and the benefits allowable
are purely up to the insurance policy as written.

The problem isn't employers, it's *insurance* companies. Why is the
senate even considering such a bill??

What is the purpose of insurance if not to provide for coverage for the
things *one needs*? Our health care shouldn't be dictated by the needs
of the marketplace.

Joyce
Old May 9th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I believe they'll stop doing that when they leave office. They've
raised "callous" to being an art form. Time to throw the bums out!
Evidently, they have about the same attitude toward preventive care
that the VP has toward conservation of fossil fuels. This plan is
penny wise and pound foolish, seeing that early detection is the key to
surviving breast cancer. And catching it at early stages may mean a
shorter, less intense and less expensive course of treatment, as well.
And cutting children off from regular checkups is just plain wicked.

Melissa