If we ever needed purrs

Old November 10th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Happy dancing for once!

On 10 Nov, 13:10, polonca12000 wrote:

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for things to continue to go well,

Whoops! I think I hit the send button too soon!

Then again to mu surprise it's hard to concentrate on typing when Dave
was standing in the doorway watching me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 10th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All

What a week! But at least I am not moaning this week!

Tuesday the district nurse came round and greeted Dave with the news
she would have done the dreaded Doppler there and then but forgot the
kit- she's doing it next Tuesday- Dave is still saying to me he won't
have it done he doesn't see why he should have to go through that
again because they lost the notes. I know Dave I'll get in on Tuesday
and he will be moaning about how they persuaded him against his will
to have it done!

Anyway Rita and Nicky (District nurses) caught him in bed on Tuesday
and he said "Can you take the wheelchair into the living room for me?"
- (don't like him walking without someone nearby just in case
(although sometimes the nearest peron is me in bed and sound asleep
then again if he yells loud enough he might just wake me up since he
started walking to bed I am getting a lot more sleep so "might" is the
operative word here) so I always leave the chair where he can reach it
from the bed

They said "Why?"

He said "Wait and see" then walked into the living room unaided

They were impressed

A little later he was thinking he might phone Claus when Claus phoned
him! Given this was a couple of hours after Rita left I did suspect
she called Claus but he denied it

Anyway Claus said "How's it going?"

When Dave said he was walking a bit again, Claus said "On the frame?"
"Nope" "On the crutch?" "Nope" "Then on what?" "My own"

Claus said he had to see this for himself and he just happened to have
a cancellation on Wednesday so he'd come round

Dave was really nervous after all he's effectively not had any
physiotherapy since August and before that one session in April so on
Wednesday he got up when I did

Claus came round, Dave showed him he could walk from the living room
to the toilet then the lenght of the kitchen before sitting down
again. Claus suggested the stairs then....Dave gritted his teeth and
did the stairs twice! He also walked on the new crutch- he did say to
Claus he wasn't sure if he would ever need that and Claus' reply was
roughly along the lines of "It took me 4 months to get! you WILL use
it!"

Anyway Claus was stunned Dave had managed to get so far on his own.
Now he has organised a woman for Dave...

One of his assistants, she will come round twice a week to make sure
that he gets exercise and Claus is already talking about Dave being
out the week after next with the crutch (he really wants him to use
it)

She called yesterday, Dave said she sounded like Zev (Lexx fans will
understand that for those who don't think husky German accent) and she
said since he mentioned to Claus as he's standing up more his back is
starting o hurt that she is fully qualified to give him a back massage
I had to remind him "Stop grinning- she's a physiotherapist" and she
and Claus are coming round next Thursday to organise things- looks
like on the third or fourth attempt we are finally getting a big push

Claus said to Dave he always had to remember there is no time limit
with the DOT team (what he's on) then said but in Dave's case he
thought there might be as in in a few more months he wouldn't need the
DOT team. He is also going to talk to the tissue viability nurse about
the toe caps he thinks exercise will solve the problem but if not then
flexible toe caps might take longer to do the same job as rigid ones
but at least Dave can get about with them- that's the one black cloud
in the silver lining she might insist he needs rigid ones but Claus
thinks no-one knew how well Dave was walking when they proposed the
rigid ones

As for my birthday party next Saturday (If any of you are in London by
all means let me know and you will be welcome) Dave at the moment is
coming- he can do the stairs and Claus told him to just take his
crutch along he could use the loo in there back in April so he should
be okay now

I am a bit worried I have 20 acceptances and if those who did not
bother to reply because they are coming there could be rather a lot of
people then again most of my friends are smart enough to get out of
the way and if not Dave will have his crutch which is rather long

And the old sod has excelled himself this time...I don't know how he
did this one! I suspect a district nurse got dragged into this

He got one of those "We rang the bell but you weren't in and we need a
signature for this" cards so guess who was deputised to the post
office this morning

Got the envelope took it back and Dave said open it "It's your
birthday present and you might want to wear it next Saturday and if it
needs resized.."

Huh?

He got Helen who made the necklace to make a matching bracelet..it's
utterly stunning (and it fits). 13 clusters of amethysts each one is
six paler stones surrounding a darker one- if I wore that pair I'd be
wearing (I will be wearing) about 120 amethysts

Once again just when I am about to strangle him- things have gone well
and he got it right!

(Just took it out to stare at again- one of the most lovely things I
have seen or will probably ever see!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

That's wonderful, Lesley! You deserve to have some good things happen!

Joy

Old November 11th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All

What a week! But at least I am not moaning this week!

...[Dave] got one of those "We rang the bell but you weren't in
and we need a
signature for this" cards so guess who was deputised to the
post
office this morning...

Got the envelope took it back and Dave said open it "It's your
birthday present and you might want to wear it next Saturday
and if it
needs resized..."

...13 clusters of amethysts each one is
six paler stones surrounding a darker one...

(Just took it out to stare at again- one of the most lovely
things I
have seen or will probably ever see!)

Except, of course, for a cat. Any cat. :-)

--
MatSav

Old November 12th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2007-11-10, Lesley penned:
Hi All

What a week! But at least I am not moaning this week!

[snip an eventful week]

It's good to read some good news =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 12th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

MatSav wrote:

(Just took it out to stare at again- one of the most lovely
things I
have seen or will probably ever see!)

Except, of course, for a cat. Any cat. :-)

Of course but I don't think Dave could organise a cat through the post!

Old November 18th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Another good week- I could get used to this!

On 11 Nov, 21:26, "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:

It's good to read some good news =)

Hi All

Dave's had a pretty good week. He dug his heels in over the dreaded
Doppler and to his surprise when Cecilia came round after he told her
over the phone that he didn't want it done, she didn't even mention
it. Then again perhaps she was suprised when he opened the door and
walked back into the living room

Claus reappeared on Thursday and worked him hard- the new physio who
will be coming round twice a week has gone sick so we don't know when
they will be back but it went well on Thursday. Claus wants Dave to
complain about the chiropodist who was supposed to come round, never
did and then claimed he rang the bell and got no answer which he
didn't as I was in all day, They're supposed to be coming on the 27th
but we shall see, I have to take time off work to let them in so I
won;t be best pleased if they don't either- my boss who is pretty good
about these things gives me an allowance for carer's ;leave to do this
but it's only a few days each year so I have to be careful with it.

Yesterday was my birthday party- Dave started the day by saying he had
a cold and he wasn't sure. In the end we agreed that he wouldn't go
but we'd go out on Monday for dinner...we'll see I guess. I have to
admit I was secretly not wanting him to come to the party. The pub was
bound to be crowded with the football as well so if he did I had
visions of an entire evening keeping an eye out for him and not being
able to relax. This is my party and I want to be able to let my hair
down..
Which I did with about 12-14 of my friends and family rather
spectacularly alas several people had the 'flu and I clashed with
Mallet's wife's birthday so in order to keep his family jewels he had
to stay away and spend the evening with his in-laws. And of course,
Jenny organised everyone, she appointed herself "party photographer"
and spent the evening snapping away, which was a good idea because I
forgot my camera and it will be nice to have some pictures. My
youngest brother put a considerable sum behind the bar to cover
everyone's drinks so it was pretty lively. Judith neary left because
she doesn't like Jenny but calmed down considerably after a few
glasses of wine, I think if the bar had been open a bit longer or
they'd both stayed until the end, she would have probably ended up
declaring them to be best friends. Got loads of cards and present- an
unsurprising number of both were cat related

Hugh and Chaz came back and we realised Hugh hasn't been round for so
long he's never seen the Fabulous Furballs-this was remedied and he
told them both how beautiful they were several times so they're happy

Tomorrow gets off to a fun start, Jenny gave me a half bottle of
apparently (I am no expert) very good champagne telling me I should
have it when I wake up on my birthday- breakfast in bed with
champagne....Well first of all I don't have the right glasses I think
I'll end up drinking it from a whisky tumbler. Secondly guess who will
be making breakfast?

And thirdly

I don't like champagne...okay I can get round that by making Buck's
Fizz

And fourthly

It is being proposed I start the day with an alcoholic drink?! And one
that goes straight to my head?!

Maybe better have a bit of common sense or I could be out cold by
lunchtime!

Old November 18th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:
[...]

Yesterday was my birthday party- snip
Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Happy birthday, Leslie! I'm glad you had a good time.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old November 19th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Happy Birthday, Lesley! It's about time some good things happened for you.

--
Joy

Life's a trip!
....But it doesn't come with a map. -- Ziggy

Old November 19th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

On 18 Nov, 23:15, "Joy" wrote:
Happy Birthday, Lesley! It's about time some good things happened for you.

Well today....the original plan had been to take me to my favourite
Chinese..then that got to the "Half Moon" then last night turned into
lunch in the "Bells" so I had gone from a real nice Chinese to egg and
chips by last night

And this morining, I woke up heard the rain and thought "That's it"

And two second later lover boy said "I think I've got a cold..it's
raining....I can't get my wet feet..mind if we give today a miss?"

I rolled over and had a nasty thought along the lines of "I'm 50. If I
am very lucky I got maybe 30 years left probably less and this guy
can't make a little effort for me on this one special day? Do I really
want to spend what little time I have left on someone who can't even
make a little effort for me?"

But what could I say? He kept saying "You don't mind do you?" And yes
I minded like Hell but if I had said that he would have moaned non
stop and even if I had not given up just to shut him up then he would
have done a martyed bit and acted like he was being dragged to the pub
and spent the whole time asking if he could go back now...so no point
in saying how annoyed I was

So I shrugged and said "Doesn't matter"

He said (and this is a classic!) "We could go out tomorrow"

Me "I have to wait in for a credit card to be delivered, Remember?
They could have done it today but you said we'd be out today"

"Well if they come and the district nurses come...then we could go out
after all on Tuesday if we go out it's Grill Night down the Half Moon
and I don;t have to get up for anyone on Wednesday"

Me: "But I have to"

It had never occured to the selfish g*t

By this point a certain amount of common sense asserted itself, some
friends gave me a voucher and I am looking for a fleece so I said I
would go and look for one and he said "Okay but I'll pay for a
takeaway" (I think he was half expecting me to cook) "Okay" says I
"I'd like a Chinese!" "I don't want a Chinese so we'll have an Indian"
was the reply

As I said happy birthday to me!

Got out before I did something I would regret and went ot Ilford on
the bus I saw the Alliance and Lester Building society have a cheque
account for the over 50's the motto was "There's one good thing for
being over 50"

Just one!

Also while the bus was idling at lights saw a poster apparently if
you're 50 or over and live in Newham (I don't) you can go to something
calerd a "Warm spot" where you can get health advice/benefits advice/
tips on stating warm this winter and you can be entertained with
dancing (And this year even tea dancing!) and bowls and bingo!!!

I could almost feel comfy slippers growing on my feet and felt like
moaning about the youth of today , which I was one only yesterday

Being ancient I brought myself a warm (gotta keep warm at my age!)
fleece jacket and felt rather annoyed at things

Then I decided that I am now officially ancient I need gloves so I
spotted a nice pair and whilst looking at them I sawa pashmina...

Not cheap..but hand embroidered and very red with sequins so certinaly
not suitable for an old lady like me...only it sat there as if it were
saying "BUY ME!!" so I did..guess I ain't ready to be ancient yet

Stopped off at the local where Jim, Jools and Bill AKA the usual
suspects brought me drinks for my birthday so that was
nice..discovered on Saturday we could have stayed late just getting
comfortable when the leash got tugged Dave called to ask where I was
as he was hungry and wnated me to order the Indian since he can't get
downstairs to get it

We just had a sulk on both sides, he's like "You sound pi**ed off
whats up with you?"

And I told him he'd pretty much ruined my birthday and he started
going on about he wanted to go out but it wasn't his fault he had a
cold I had probably given it to him anyway!

Right now I am in the bedroom and he is in the lving room and I have
this feeling that if I even speak to him for the next few hours then I
might next email from an internet cafe because I will have moved out

Was I so unreasonable to want him to do something even if it was only
egg and chips in the "Bells" for my 50th?

Probably or at least that's the way that selfish so and so sees it

Old November 19th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

Well today....the original plan had been to take me to my favourite
Chinese..then that got to the "Half Moon" then last night turned into
lunch in the "Bells" so I had gone from a real nice Chinese to egg and
chips by last night

And this morining, I woke up heard the rain and thought "That's it"

And two second later lover boy said "I think I've got a cold..it's
raining....I can't get my wet feet..mind if we give today a miss?"

I rolled over and had a nasty thought along the lines of "I'm 50. If I
am very lucky I got maybe 30 years left probably less and this guy
can't make a little effort for me on this one special day? Do I really
want to spend what little time I have left on someone who can't even
make a little effort for me?"

AAARRGHHH!! Lesley, that sounds unbelievably frustrating, disappointing,
and aggravating! Especially after all you do for him. I'm so sorry you
had such a let-down on your birthday.

By this point a certain amount of common sense asserted itself, some
friends gave me a voucher and I am looking for a fleece so I said I
would go and look for one and he said "Okay but I'll pay for a
takeaway" (I think he was half expecting me to cook) "Okay" says I
"I'd like a Chinese!" "I don't want a Chinese so we'll have an Indian"
was the reply

AAAARRRGGGHHHH - again!

Being ancient I brought myself a warm (gotta keep warm at my age!)
fleece jacket and felt rather annoyed at things

Then I decided that I am now officially ancient I need gloves so I
spotted a nice pair and whilst looking at them I sawa pashmina...

Not cheap..but hand embroidered and very red with sequins so certinaly
not suitable for an old lady like me...only it sat there as if it were
saying "BUY ME!!" so I did..guess I ain't ready to be ancient yet

There is no such thing as being too old for a beautiful scarf!! (That
is what a pashmina is, right? A type of scarf?) Good for you for buying
it. It's your birthday, remember?

Stopped off at the local where Jim, Jools and Bill AKA the usual
suspects brought me drinks for my birthday so that was
nice

Funny, some of us are discussing the value of friends in another
thread - sounds like you stumbled on that yourself.

Was I so unreasonable to want him to do something even if it was only
egg and chips in the "Bells" for my 50th?

NO, NO, NO. Or at the very, very least, if he really didn't feel well
enough to go out, he could have at least let YOU chose the takeout meal!
How hard could that be for him to do? Sheesh!

Happy birthday from the left side of the pond! And welcome to the
over-50 club. It's not that bad being ancient, really. Time to start
wearing purple - or red, in your case.

Joyce