Ping Takayuki

Old November 20th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Ping Takayuki

Takayuki wrote:

Dot and Buster are doing fine, and can be quite cute together. Dot's
acne and swelling went away after her course of antibiotics. She just
gets an occasional pimple now and then, and her jaw is soft and
svelte.

That's good news!

Buster's decided that his new job is putting a fang mark on each of my
books. He occasionally likes to whap Dot's tail and run away. Except
Dot never notices that he does this. He also likes to bring his toys
to Dot, so that he has an audience to watch him play. Dot watches him
suspiciously.

Cats are so weird.

In the morning, Dot and Buster have an ear washing ritual, where they
take turns putting their heads down to get the other to wash their
ears. It usually ends after a couple of minutes with Buster biting
Dot on the neck, Dot whacking Buster, and Buster running away.

I think that in time, as Buster grows up, these two will end up
becoming good friends.

It sounds to me like this has already happened. They're doing friendship
feline-style, which means they will whack each other periodically. Just
goes with the territory.

I'm glad there is peace in your house, finally!

And good luck with your new sideline. Maybe it will become a full-time
occupation.

Joyce
Old November 21st 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-11-20 11:57:25 -0600, Takayuki said:

"Christina Websell" wrote:
Are you and your cats OK?

Oh hi.

I just got a voice mail from Charleen this morning telling me that
there was a ping. I've started lecturing on software architecture and
design in my spare time, ostensibly for fun, but it's ended up taking
up a lot of my concentration.

[...]

I'd say they already are! They have come a very long way. I figured you
must be up to some new thing. I hope you are having fun!

Old November 21st 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-11-20 21:36:05 -0600, "Charleen Welton" said:

Tak is such a nice person and very quiet about himself; he teaches at
Harvard no less!! You can see pictures of him, Dot and Buster as well
as Suz's cat Spicy on www.weltonfamily.net at Charleen's trip. I go to
New England twice a year to visit my mother and daughters and when I
can get together with Tak and Suz and the felines. They are all good
friends. Also you can view a beautiful pictorial tribute to Mr.
Pumpkin created by our roommate Larry.
Charleen
Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro
The Spirit of Mr. Pumpkin
St. Cloud, Florida USA

Oi! Harvard! Tak you sly boy I love seeing the kitties! Spicey has
alternate toes! I never realized that before. Dot and Buster look very
healthy and sleek! Thanks for sharing.

Old November 21st 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"jofirey" wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
.. .
I think that in time, as Buster grows up, these two will end up
becoming good friends.

I'd say, in cat terms anyway, they already are.

Jo

They are?! Well, at least they're not arguing all the time like
they used to. It's an ongoing process, and I definitely see potential
there for them to form a bond.

Old November 21st 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Charleen Welton" wrote:
Tak is such a nice person and very quiet about himself; he teaches at
Harvard no less!! You can see pictures of him, Dot and Buster as well as
Suz's cat Spicy on www.weltonfamily.net at Charleen's trip. I go to New
England twice a year to visit my mother and daughters and when I can get
together with Tak and Suz and the felines. They are all good friends. Also
you can view a beautiful pictorial tribute to Mr. Pumpkin created by our
roommate Larry.
Charleen
Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro
The Spirit of Mr. Pumpkin
St. Cloud, Florida USA

Thanks for the pictures! Mr. Pumpkin was so cute. We'll have to get
together again next time too.

Old November 21st 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Karen wrote:
I'd say they already are! They have come a very long way. I figured you
must be up to some new thing. I hope you are having fun!

When I look back on it, you're right - it was pretty bad. Dot's
not a young girl, and it takes her a while to warm up to certain
situations, if they don't involve laps or treats.

Old November 21st 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Charleen Welton wrote:
Tak is such a nice person and very quiet about himself; he teaches at
Harvard no less!! You can see pictures of him, Dot and Buster as well as
Suz's cat Spicy on www.weltonfamily.net at Charleen's trip. I go to New
England twice a year to visit my mother and daughters and when I can get
together with Tak and Suz and the felines. They are all good friends. Also
you can view a beautiful pictorial tribute to Mr. Pumpkin created by our
roommate Larry.

Thanks for the pictures, Charleen (and nice to see you posting again).
Dot and Buster look like they are doing very well, and it sounds like
they are becoming fast friends. The whacking is part of a cat
friendship.

Spicey is so cute.

Old November 21st 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Nov 20, 10:36 pm, "Charleen Welton" wrote:
Tak is such a nice person and very quiet about himself; he teaches at
Harvard no less!! You can see pictures of him, Dot and Buster as well as
Suz's cat Spicy onwww.weltonfamily.netat Charleen's trip. I go to New
England twice a year to visit my mother and daughters and when I can get
together with Tak and Suz and the felines. They are all good friends. Also
you can view a beautiful pictorial tribute to Mr. Pumpkin created by our
roommate Larry.
Charleen
Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro
The Spirit of Mr. Pumpkin
St. Cloud, Florida USA

WOW!!! Brains and beauty (inner as well as outer) I knew Tak was
smart, but Harvard is pretty impressive. Then you toss in the Dot and
Buster factor. . . no wonder he hides his light under a bushel.

I loved seeing Tak, Dot, and Buster and am impressed with your photos
of them. I'm also impressed with MCG's calico cousin, Spicy. MCG
looks a lot like her. I tried the name out on MCG and got her usual,
"OMG, can't you just leave it be?" glare. Fascinating cat, MCG, she
has a lot of depth to her personality.

Last but not least, I cried while watching the tribute to Mr Pumpkin.
He was an incredible little guy, wasn't he? Does your friend who made
the tribute hire out? I can't afford him but there are those who
would want that kind of talent for their lost owners.

Pam S.
Old November 21st 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Takayuki wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote:

[...]

I'm glad to hear you all are doing well!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Ping: Takayuki (update requested) MaryL Cat anecdotes 42 July 3rd 07 03:59 PM
Ping Tak CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 10 June 27th 07 10:08 PM
Ping Takayuki or Cantate [email protected] Cat anecdotes 22 August 21st 06 01:00 AM
ping Takayuki Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 7 July 7th 06 07:49 AM
PING: Dan M Susan M Cat anecdotes 2 April 28th 05 04:16 AM