Purrs and prayers request

Old November 18th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Purrs and prayers request UPDATE

Christina Websell wrote:

Thank you all so much for your purrs and prayers for Chris. I have pasted
all your replies into a mail to Margi tonight. I hope it will give her a
little comfort to know that Chris is being purred and prayed for all over
the world.

I am not sure that the medics at the football match got to him in enough
time. They probably thought he'd gone down from a tackle and was playing to
the crowd. By the time they realised he was not going to get up it may have
been too late for his brain. They administered mouth to mouth resuscitation
and CPR and when the paramedics arrived they had a defibrillator which
started his heart again, but very erratically.

The latest update from Margi is below. To be frank, it still does not sound
good to me but I have no experience around brain injury. Is there anyone
here who has?
Dear All Its 10.30pm and I am tempted to leave this and go to bed but I
know that some of you will be glad to get a little more good news. They
tried to wake Chris again this morning with improved results. snip

We are sending lots and lots of purrs for Chris,
Polonca and Soncek

Old November 21st 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Purrs and prayers request: NEW UPDATE

Purrs and prayers are working. Please keep them up.

Today:
-----------------
Dear All, Today Chris was able to sit propped up in bed and managed to
eat a couple of tubs of ice cream that the nurse fed to him. The oxygen
mask has been replaced with a tube that sits in the bottom of his
nostrils so he is now breathing for himself with the aid of a bit of
extra oxygen supplied from the tube. When I left tonight he was
listening to Reeba McIntyre on CD and tapping the rhythm out on the bed.
He had quite a few family visit today and he was laughing at some of
their stories. He enjoyed looking at family photos and remembered being
in each of the places. By the end of the day he had spoken a few words
even though we weren't able to understand what he said. It wasn't that
they weren't real words but his throat is so sore his voice is very gruff
and quiet. He gave Bambi a kiss and sipped on water. He is still in bed
and obviously we are not able to tell how mobile he will be. Some of his
movements are slow and he sometimes he looks a bit surprised that his
hands don't move as quickly as he expects but his progress is remarkable,
much faster than we thought. There is still some prayers left to say but
the miracle that we all prayed for is unfolding before our very eyes. We
are expecting an all singing, all dancing Chris tomorrow. Love as always
Margi
___________

As always, the purrs and prayers work. Keep those P&P's coming please.
Look what they've done, already.
Thank you all so much.

Tweed

Old November 21st 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Purrs and prayers are working. Please keep them up.

[snip] ...but his progress is remarkable,
much faster than we thought. There is still some prayers left to say but
the miracle that we all prayed for is unfolding before our very eyes. We
are expecting an all singing, all dancing Chris tomorrow. Love as always
Margi

As always, the purrs and prayers work. Keep those P&P's coming please.
Look what they've done, already.
Thank you all so much.

Wow!! That's amazing. I hadn't said anything before, but I've thought
about you and Chris and sent purrs for his recovery. More on the way!
The power of purr works again.

Joyce
Old November 21st 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Renewed purrs on the way for a complete recovery.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old November 21st 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

As always, the purrs and prayers work. Keep those P&P's coming please.
Look what they've done, already.

This is wonderful news, Tweed! We will keep on purring.

Old November 21st 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote.

Purrs and prayers are working. Please keep them up.

XLNT!

You bet your bippy - recuperation purrs continuing

Gordon & the FF

Old November 21st 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sheelagh>\o\

On 21 Nov, 01:12, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Tweed, I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. You have multiple
purrs en route Mega blasting your cousin's & all of the family's way.
I thought I'd better read the whole thread before responding. To start
from 90% oxygen on the 15th, to 10% in a few days is almost a
miraculous discovery, I assure you. I can also say with full
confidence that I think your cousin is doing really well..

You asked anyone who had been through a similar situation to respond.
It's not quite the same, but close enough for me to be able to tell
you that he is doing well.

Jack, my youngest son was born @26/40 (14 weeks early!!). He started
on 100% oxygen, & on the second day after birth, he had a brain bleed
(a stroke!) It took over 7 weeks weeks to get Jack to the point where
he could cope in ambient oxygen. The normal air that we breath is 7%,
so to be able to go from 90%- 10% in that short space is very
encouraging. It starts with intubation @ 90%, right down until they
think the patient can cope independently, when they put them on C-Pap
which is a type of ventilation that kicks in if they forget to breath,
then it goes down to nasal cannulas, which is where he seems to be
right now.

Unlike your auntie Margi, because Jack was a baby,(2LB 6OZ), we had no
idea what to expect, & Jack was in no position to explain how he felt.
It took us years to be sure that he had no permanent brain damage.
To add even more worry, he stopped breathing on me @ home on his due
date(DEC 2nd 06). I started CPR, & managed to keep going until an
ambulance arrived. He still wasn't breathing, but God was smiling on
us, & the ambulance man was able to aspirate the vomit which stopped
him breathing on his own. Again, we had another spate of wondering
whether this had blown any chance of recovery that we hoped for,
because once more he was 12 minutes without breathing. Another 6 weeks
in hospital later, we were allowed to take him home on portable
oxygen.

All of his baby checks were a real concern for fear of brain damage,
but as luck & love would have it, jack is a very hyperactive child.
Yes, it did take a little longer to teach him to walk, talk &
everything else you would expect, but we did get there!!

I have a very good feeling that your cousin will be OK. I understand
the hospital giving you cautious good news, because they are not able
to give guarantee's. However, the news that is filtering through
sounds very optimistic. I think the hardest thing will be your
cousin's frustration at not being able to do the things he used to do,
straight way. It will be hard work, but well worth the recovery.
Expect it to take months, rather than weeks, & I think you will find
that he will re-learn most of his skill's.

I really do send you heart felt prayers & purrs, because I understand
how anxious you all must be feeling.
Warm regards,
Sheelagh "o"

Old November 21st 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
Purrs and prayers are working. Please keep them up.

Purrs continuing.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 21st 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

We will continue to send lots and lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek