Hi and Question

Old December 17th 03, 01:13 AM
Mary Pelis

Default Hi and Question

Haven't been here in quite a while. Losing my beautiful Kirby over two
years ago sent me into such a tailspin I couldn't bear to stay with the
group. But Flippy, bless her soul, has been sending all of those
wonderful cat tales along religiously. All of you lucky folks with
multiple furkids...well... I had to concentrate on my one remaining
kitty, Mookie Wilson. We tried to introduce another cat, but she went
after old Mookster with claws and teeth bared. Put him in such a state
we had to bring Ms Willow back to TED. So now Mookie is very happy to
be the King of the Universe, and the world truly does revolve around him.

And now the question...

Do any of you guys own a "Snuggle Safe"? If so, what do you think of
it? I bought 2 for Mookie, and they seem to help with his arthritis
(along with the holistic vitamins he gets).

Hope you all have a great Whatever You Celebrate in December Day.

Mary 'n' Mookie (King of the Universe)

Old December 17th 03, 02:00 AM
Yowie

"Mary Pelis" wrote in message
Haven't been here in quite a while. Losing my beautiful Kirby over two
years ago sent me into such a tailspin I couldn't bear to stay with the
group. But Flippy, bless her soul, has been sending all of those
wonderful cat tales along religiously. All of you lucky folks with
multiple furkids...well... I had to concentrate on my one remaining
kitty, Mookie Wilson. We tried to introduce another cat, but she went
after old Mookster with claws and teeth bared. Put him in such a state
we had to bring Ms Willow back to TED. So now Mookie is very happy to
be the King of the Universe, and the world truly does revolve around him.

And now the question...

Do any of you guys own a "Snuggle Safe"? If so, what do you think of
it? I bought 2 for Mookie, and they seem to help with his arthritis
(along with the holistic vitamins he gets).

Hi and welcome back!

Have no idea even what a snuggle safe *is* so can't tell you what I thnk
about them :-)

Scritches to Mookie

Yowie

Old December 17th 03, 04:12 AM
Marina

"Mary Pelis" wrote
Haven't been here in quite a while.

So nice to see you back, Mary! So sorry to hear that the new kitty didn't
fit in. I'm afraid I don't have any experience with a Snuggle Safe (don't
even quite know what that is...). Scritches to Mookie.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 17th 03, 06:34 AM
LOL

Mary Pelis wrote in message ...
[...]

We love the snuggle safe! Tiger, one of DH's office cats, insists on
living outside, and on cold nights we fix him a bed with (from bottom
up) pillow, snuggle safe, and folded towel, all in a big cardboard
box, on top of a big plastic trash bag for protection from the damp
cement. If we set it up around midnight or so, it's still fairly warm
in the morning. Tiger sleeps elsewhere (we don't know where) unless
it's very cold, when he cuddles up in his box with the snuggle safe.
We have discovered, though, that they are not as effective the second
year of use and don't hold the heat as long, and have replaced it
every year. We've told our vet about it too, though I don't know if
he's gotten any.

I am glad to read that your Mookie Wilson is happy in his rightful
place as ruler of his world. My Mike is in the same position, never
having met his brothers at DH's office. ;-)

------
Krista

PS: Welcome back!
Old December 17th 03, 07:30 AM
Steve Touchstone

On 16 Dec 2003 22:34:05 -0800, (LOL)
wrote:

Mary Pelis wrote in message ...

snip
[...]

I had never heard of a snuggle safe, so thanks to the OP and to Krista
for answering. I did a quick search of the web, and I'm going to look
into getting one. Here in SW Oklahoma we sometimes get a strong cold
front where the temperature drops 20-30 degrees in no time.

My grandpa used to tell the story of why he decided to quit farming.
Many years ago, probably in the early '30s, he was out plowing a field
with a team of mules. A norther, which is what the oldtimers called
those fronts, came though. Temperature dropped like a rock, strong
wind out of the north, and the mules laid down in the field and
refused to get up. Grandpa said he laid down behind the mules for a
while until he got up the nerve to head for home, and about froze to
death before he made the half mile trek home.

My Rocky still insists on staying outside until the temps get down
into the 20s. This sounds like something I could use in the shelter I
put together for him on those nights when he doesn't want to come
inside, but the forecast is for a front to come through before
morning.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 17th 03, 11:44 AM
polonca12000

I do not know what a Snuggle Safe is, but I'm glad to see you back, Mary.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Haven't been here in quite a while. snip

Old December 17th 03, 11:50 AM
Mary Pelis

Hopitus2 wrote:

Glad you still have Mr. Mookie.

Thanks - so am I. He's my little soul mate, that boy.

What is a Snuggle Safe?

It's a microwaveable cat bed heater that keeps a sleeping place toasty warm for
up to 12 hours. Kinda looks like two frisbees stuck together. Mookie thinks
he's in heaven now. He misses summer sleeping on *his* chair on *his* deck
under *his* canopy, and when I did a cat bed warmer search last
winter-from-hell, I found the next best thing. Jeez! I hope this doesn't
sound like a commercial! Just wanted to share something neat with folks in the
colder climes.

M.

Old December 17th 03, 12:00 PM
Mary Pelis

Marina wrote:

"Mary Pelis" wrote
Haven't been here in quite a while.

So nice to see you back, Mary! So sorry to hear that the new kitty didn't
fit in.

Thanks, Marina. I'm sorry she didn't either. She was a real people cat, and
a beautiful girl. But after the hell she put Mookie through, it just wasn't
meant to be. We decided Mook needs to live out the time he has with us as
the sole spoiled catchild. It works for him - can't remember the last time I
went on an overnight trip (I don't trust anyone to take the care with him
that we do). When his RB time comes, I think I'll take a month or two off,
maybe get in a trip of some sort, and then rush to the shelter for at
**least** two adult waifs. Can't be without those little mirth makers for
very long!

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with a Snuggle Safe (don't
even quite know what that is...). Scritches to Mookie.

If you do a Google on it, you'll see several sites (a great little bed
warmer!).

Best,
M. & M.

Old December 17th 03, 12:08 PM
Mary Pelis

LOL wrote:

We love the snuggle safe!
We have discovered, though, that they are not as effective the second
year of use and don't hold the heat as long, and have replaced it
every year.

That's good to know. I just bought my second one this year, and it had a sticker on it that said it
was good for 3 years. I'll have to check the older one to see if it's becoming less effective.
Mookie always has a Plan B in motion, though - crawl under the covers with mom!

I am glad to read that your Mookie Wilson is happy in his rightful
place as ruler of his world. My Mike is in the same position, never
having met his brothers at DH's office. ;-)

------
Krista

PS: Welcome back!

Thanks, Krista.

Mary & Mookie (who LOVES the Atkins Diet - meatshrimpmeatshrimpmeatshrimpshrimp!!!)

Old December 17th 03, 06:20 PM
Hopitus2

LOL - it's been a tad chilly in south FL lately, and the 3 meatloaves are
*my* SnuggleSafe!

"Mary Pelis" wrote in message
: LOL wrote:
:
:
: We love the snuggle safe!
: We have discovered, though, that they are not as effective the second
: year of use and don't hold the heat as long, and have replaced it
: every year.
:
: That's good to know. I just bought my second one this year, and it had a
sticker on it that said it
: was good for 3 years. I'll have to check the older one to see if it's
becoming less effective.
: Mookie always has a Plan B in motion, though - crawl under the covers with
mom!
:
:
: I am glad to read that your Mookie Wilson is happy in his rightful
: place as ruler of his world. My Mike is in the same position, never
: having met his brothers at DH's office. ;-)
:
: ------
: Krista
: