Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Old April 3rd 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated, x-rayed
and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe ingested
some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese do
sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him to
just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I don't
want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a similar
way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Old April 3rd 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,
x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe
ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese
do sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum #50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him
to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I
don't want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a
similar way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Oh, poor Enid. And poor Shylock. He's had her less than a year hasn't he?
Hope she is back safe and sound ASAP.

Jo

Old April 3rd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,
x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe
ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese
do sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him
to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I
don't want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a
similar way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Let us know how it turns out. I'm sure the girls can spare some 'Nip money.

Old April 3rd 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-03, Christina Websell penned:

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I
would say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!"
and tell him to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock
loves her now and I don't want him to be bereaved again.

Purrs for Enid. It's perfectly sensible to take care of animals once
you've taken them in.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 3rd 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,
x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe
ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese
do sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him
to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I
don't want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a
similar way to us, apparently.

This makes me so sad! We will all purr for Enid's speedy recovery.

Old April 3rd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as
we speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be
re-hydrated, x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible
that she's maybe ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the
soil (earth) as geese do sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I
would say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and
tell him to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves
her now and I don't want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's
sake as geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer
bereavement in a similar way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Lots of purrs for Enid, it's so sad to see any animal suffer. It's about
time you had a change of fortune and have something good happen.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 3rd 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs on the way.
Ann

Old April 3rd 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a
similar way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Here's hoping Enid makes a swift and full recovery to be back with Shylock
soon.

helen s

Old April 3rd 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oh, poor baby. We will purr and pray mightily that Enid recovers. Poor
Shylock.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan