a dilemma-some suggestions

Old October 19th 08, 10:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
gigi

Default a dilemma-some suggestions

To cut a long story short
-found cat in shed
-fed it and did all the necessaries with vet (healthcare)
-in good health and care under my watch -I kept it indoors at night,
etc
-have to move/relocate/travel now and next house disallows cats

meantime, can't fnd a new owner/adoptee for cat. Shelter will put it
down after several weeks if not adopted. been putting up flyers, and
asking around but no luck.

should I
- leave cat in present surroundings where I found it (neighbour has a
tray of leftover food for cats in the neighbourhood)- pluses are it is
very familiar with surroundings, etc.
or- sneak in cat to new place and make it a comfortable bedding
outside and make sure it has plenty of kibble/water/etc when i leave
town.

and yes, I have grown attached to it but cannot afford to. I didn't
ask to adopt a cat but i beleive in being kind and good to animals.
Old October 19th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"gigi" wrote in message
[...]

You are not being kind to animals when you take them on then do not live up
to your responsibilities. Find a no-kill shelter to take the cat, drive a
ways if you have to. Then never adopt another cat, because you do not live
up to your commitments.

Old October 19th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot[_2_]

DO NOT let the cat there to fend for itself. Find a no kill shelter and if
you can't take it to the local one and hope that someone adopts it. At least
this way it won't starve or freeze to death.

Celeste

Old October 20th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"gigi" wrote

To cut a long story short
-found cat in shed
-fed it and did all the necessaries with vet (healthcare)
-in good health and care under my watch -I kept it indoors at night,
etc
-have to move/relocate/travel now and next house disallows cats

meantime, can't fnd a new owner/adoptee for cat. Shelter will put it
down after several weeks if not adopted. been putting up flyers, and
asking around but no luck.

Gigi, fact is once you adopt a cat, you become responsible for it's care. I
know you meant well but you are now obligated to do something.

should I
- leave cat in present surroundings where I found it (neighbour has a
tray of leftover food for cats in the neighbourhood)- pluses are it is
very familiar with surroundings, etc.

Definately not! The cat will not understand. It will most likely freeze or
starve to death, neither of which are actually pleasant ways to go since the
freezing is apt to be in bits and pieces with some pretty ugly complications
along the way as it gets colder and colder.

or- sneak in cat to new place and make it a comfortable bedding
outside and make sure it has plenty of kibble/water/etc when i leave
town.

The best thing is to relocate to to a place that takes cats. However, that
seems not in your mind.

and yes, I have grown attached to it but cannot afford to. I didn't
ask to adopt a cat but i beleive in being kind and good to animals.

Well, you can take 'it' to the nearest no-kill if you are willing to drive
to there. It's the right thing to do. However, failing that since you seem
not bent in that direction and want the easy way out, take the poor lostling
who's about to be left family free, to the kill facility. 'it' might get
adopted, and if not, will be fed, warm, and suffer no pain when the time
comes to die, unlike what happens when cats are abandoned.

I also agree with cyber. If your cat is just 'it' (neither male nor female,
no name, just 'it') and you had no plan, you should not adopt another pet.
Your personaility is wrong for 'it'.

Old October 20th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cshenk" wrote

The best thing is to relocate to to a place that takes cats. However,
that seems not in your mind.

Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.

This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than people.

Old October 20th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"cshenk" wrote

The best thing is to relocate to to a place that takes cats. However,
that seems not in your mind.

Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.

This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than people.

Amen!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 13th 09, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
John Doe

"cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com wrote:

Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.

This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than people.

If liking cats better than liking people were the reason you are
an ass, JudgeMental, you would at least realize that the person
you are insulting has power to do whatever they want to with the
cat you are pretending to care about.

From: "cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: a dilemma-some suggestions
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:02:13 -0400

From: "cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:02:13 -0400

I particularly like all the header info. Very intimidating. You da stud,
Mark.

Old August 13th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
John Doe

Default Mark Bender Criminal Stalker of Houston TX is At It Again

"cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote
"cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com wrote:

Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.

This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than
people.

If liking cats better than liking people were the reason you
are an ass, JudgeMental, you would at least realize that the
person you are insulting has power to do whatever they want to
with the cat you are pretending to care about.

This is true. Just like I have the power to do this:

snipped a background check report provided by Kelmar And
Associates of San Antonio

Now then, Bender. If you cannot handle Usenet without attempting
to intimidate those with whom you disagree, I suggest you back
away from the computer.

Violating the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do
with your problem here on USENET will not deter me or help you,
JudgeMental.

npeer03.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-
me.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad.highwinds-media.com!
newsfe22.iad.POSTED!bd088a30!not-for-mail
From: "cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet

42g2000pry.googlegroups.com YvPKk.604$Kf6.448 newsfe05.iad gdh3ch
$1sk$1 registered.motzarella.org 007c6aa0$0$19424$c3e8da3
news.astraweb.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:59:31 -0400

Old August 13th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
cybercat

"John Doe" wrote

Violating the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do
with your problem here on USENET will not deter me or help you,
JudgeMental.

It's public record, Mark. Have your say, but given your assault charges,
make sure I do not feel threatened. If I do, in any way, you're in for a
very unpleasant surprise.

[OT] Moral Dilemma Yowie Cat anecdotes 23 July 11th 07 01:12 PM
Dilemma - OT [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 July 30th 04 01:04 AM
Cat dilemma.. Todd Cat health & behaviour 32 January 26th 04 01:05 AM
Dilemma Yoj Cat anecdotes 22 November 6th 03 08:37 PM
Feeding dilemma Victor M. Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 July 22nd 03 08:31 PM