Ping & Weeble visit TED (long)

Old November 10th 04, 01:29 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Ping's appointment for "The Big Snip" was yesterday. Sunday night
all cat dishes were emptied so Ping wouldn't eat anything (he's been
inside now for 5-6 days, we felt soooooooo sorry for him out there on
the porch, his meows were breaking our hearts. There has been some
hissing & growling, but no fights. Ping usually backs down when
confronted by another cat/kitten, unless they just want to 'sniff
noses'). The other cats are *not* used to being without food for
more than a few hours' nap. Ping has also gotten used to having food
readily available (he's still bony-thin, but looking down on him, his
belly is getting round ).

Weeble's appointment is for 3:20 that afternoon, it's just his yearly
checkup & jabs. The rest of the day continues as normal: washing
the fountains & mopping the kitchen floor... watching a bit of TV
between 'jobs'.

Finally it's getting close to Weeble's appointment. I clean myself
up (make sure there's not too much cat hair clinging to me),

Like this would be an unusual sight at da smelly place? G

and go
to round up The Weeblenator. I get him and go to put him in one of
the two carriers. One is a Samsonite soft-sided (airline approved)
that I got because I like the shoulder strap, the other is the
typical plastic one. I plan on using the plastic one to bring Ping
home in, the Samsonite for Weebs. Weeble has other ideas. He does
*not* like the idea of going in the Samsonite.

Awwwww! Persia feels sad for Weeble, but says to tell him she has
one of those carriers too. She says doesn't like it but it's more
comfy than the plastic ones.

Jill

Weeble says he will email Persia and tell *his* side of the story later. I
get the feeling that it's not very flattering for me

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old November 10th 04, 01:40 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Enfilade wrote:
We are purring for Ping and Weeble -- poor abused babies. Going to
Ted is tough stuff. MLB

Poor Ping! This is the price you pay for a properly-caring family!

Is he in with your other cats yet?

--Fil

He's been coming in the house for about a week, a couple of hours at a time
(with supervision), but has been inside 24/7 since his first TED visist on
Thursday when we found out he was FELV & FIV negative (he weighed 6 lbs 8
ounces).

At first there was much hissing & growling, but no fights. Now they seem to
have accostomed to him, and are even curious about him. I think it will be
another week or so and they will be chasing each other around.

Yesterday evening while I was watching TV, Ping wandered by the couch,
looking longingly up at me. I put down the needlepoint I was working on,
and he hopped up, and then crawled onto my lap, purring! I ended up
cradling him and loving on him for about 15 minutes. He's getting *very*
sweet. He's also not near as talkative, only meowing once in a while (like
when he wakes from a nap and doesn't know where I am). Anyway, after 15
minutes of loving, he started getting squrimy, so I put him on the back of
the sofa, he stood back there rubbing his face in my hair, and 'grooming' my
hair (or maybe he was just flossing), and even standing on my shoulders a
bit.

Old November 10th 04, 02:23 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:32:24 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:

MamaKat had *another* litter of kittens? When did this happen? Am I
missing something? Suddenly I feel like I'm out of the loop around
here.
Purrs for Ping and Weeble,

I know, I missed that, too. What a wily, yet fertile little scamp she
is!

Purrs for P&W, too.

Theresa

Old November 10th 04, 02:32 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:32:24 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:

MamaKat had *another* litter of kittens? When did this happen? Am I
missing something? Suddenly I feel like I'm out of the loop around
here.
Purrs for Ping and Weeble,

I know, I missed that, too. What a wily, yet fertile little scamp she
is!

Purrs for P&W, too.

Theresa

Caught her once, but she freaked so bad, banging back & forth in the humane
trap as I approached, she popped the door open & escaped. Now she won't go
near the trap, and since she won't, kittens won't. There were 4 in this
litter when we first saw them, but one has since dissappeared (caught by
human and forced into a life of luxury? didn't survive due to illness? I
don't know what happened to #4, but the remaining 3 look nice & healthy). Of
the three that she has, one is black & white like here, but with a bit more
black on it's body, but looks almost *exactly* like MamaKat in the face
(hey - MamaKat cloned herself!) One looks like Minne/Moe and one is a grey &
white tiger. No black stripes at all - she looks like what Minne would if
Minnie had no black or stippled fur, she's all grey stripes on white.
Beautiful kitty. Wish I could trap her (or him?). She had them about 6
weeks after I snatched the other litter away from her (the Fearsome
Foursome)

--?

Old November 10th 04, 02:32 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:40:20 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

Enfilade wrote:
[...]

Awwwwww!
What a little monkey!
What a sweetie boy!
meellllllllllt

Theresa

Old November 11th 04, 02:54 AM
Enfilade

Yesterday evening while I was watching TV, Ping wandered by the couch,
looking longingly up at me. I put down the needlepoint I was working on,
and he hopped up, and then crawled onto my lap, purring! I ended up
cradling him and loving on him for about 15 minutes. He's getting *very*
sweet. He's also not near as talkative, only meowing once in a while (like
when he wakes from a nap and doesn't know where I am). Anyway, after 15
minutes of loving, he started getting squrimy, so I put him on the back of
the sofa, he stood back there rubbing his face in my hair, and 'grooming' my
hair (or maybe he was just flossing), and even standing on my shoulders a
bit.

Awwwwww!
What a little monkey!
What a sweetie boy!