Cutting nails

Old July 28th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
desgnr[_2_]

Default Cutting nails

Did anyone ever use a Muzzle to help with cutting nails or is a Muzzle not
nice to use ?
"desgnr" wrote in message
My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

Old July 28th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"desgnr" wrote in message
Did anyone ever use a Muzzle to help with cutting nails or is a Muzzle not
nice to use ?

They have claws. Besides, you don't need a muzzle. You lay your cat on her
side on a bed or a towel on the floor and gently press your hand to the side
of her face to keep her from biting you. She is rolled up in a towel with
her feet sticking out, one at a time, to keep her from scratching you. It's
a two-person job--or, the vet charges, what, $10-15 to do it? Sweet cats
like my Gracie hate the rolling up and restraining worse than the clipping
and will eventually just lie there and put up with it. Give treats at the
end, and petting and praise.

Old July 28th 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

Ahhhhha, it isn't the teeth you should be worrying about, it is the other
three paws you are not clipping at the moment. You can easily hold the head
away with arm or towel between you and it but those other claws, if not in a
towel or pinned down. That is where the trouble lies.

Old July 28th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut3852

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:52:09 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"desgnr" wrote in message
Did anyone ever use a Muzzle to help with cutting nails or is a Muzzle not
nice to use ?

They have claws. Besides, you don't need a muzzle. You lay your cat on her
side on a bed or a towel on the floor and gently press your hand to the side
of her face to keep her from biting you. She is rolled up in a towel with
her feet sticking out, one at a time, to keep her from scratching you. It's
a two-person job--or, the vet charges, what, $10-15 to do it? Sweet cats
like my Gracie hate the rolling up and restraining worse than the clipping
and will eventually just lie there and put up with it. Give treats at the
end, and petting and praise.

I would rather pay the vet to do it.

Last time I tryed to do the oldest ones nail she went balistic on me.
She peed all over me and pooped and bit me so hard ab deep that I got
infection and had to be admitted to hospital for 2 days because the
infection had started up my arm. All I have to do is toch her feet
and look out!!!!

The rest will let me do their's but will let me know all the while
that they do not like it!!!

Old July 28th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"kraut3852" wrote Last time I tryed to do the oldest
ones nail she went balistic on me.
She peed all over me and pooped and bit me so hard ab deep that I got
infection and had to be admitted to hospital for 2 days because the
infection had started up my arm. All I have to do is toch her feet
and look out!!!!

Holy chit! I need to see a picture of this cat.

Old July 28th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

"desgnr" wrote in message
My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

Hmmm. I just hold my cat on my lap and address one paw at a time. She
doesn't scratch or bite, although she does indicate by a bit of wriggling
that she would just as soon not do this.

Sounds like I'm lucky. G

Old July 28th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"kraut3852" wrote Last time I tryed to do the
oldest ones nail she went balistic on me.
She peed all over me and pooped and bit me so hard ab deep that I got
infection and had to be admitted to hospital for 2 days because the
infection had started up my arm. All I have to do is toch her feet
and look out!!!!

Holy chit! I need to see a picture of this cat.

My ka'shay is that way I tell every one that I get tired of a 7 pound 4
year old kicking my ass

Old July 28th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"cybercat" wrote in message

"kraut3852" wrote Last time I tryed to do the
oldest ones nail she went balistic on me.
She peed all over me and pooped and bit me so hard ab deep that I got
infection and had to be admitted to hospital for 2 days because the
infection had started up my arm. All I have to do is toch her feet
and look out!!!!

Holy chit! I need to see a picture of this cat.

My ka'shay is that way I tell every one that I get tired of a 7 pound 4
year old kicking my ass

haha! Is her name cachet?

Old July 28th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut3852

"kraut3852" wrote Last time I tryed to do the
oldest ones nail she went balistic on me.
She peed all over me and pooped and bit me so hard and deep that I got
infection and had to be admitted to hospital for 2 days because the
infection had started up my arm. All I have to do is touch her feet
and look out!!!!

Holy chit! I need to see a picture of this cat.

There is a pics of all 6 pounds of her at:

http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/kitty-win.jpg