Question on feedint a cat to avoid cystitis

Old August 2nd 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Question on feedint a cat to avoid cystitis

I was just wondering...

Which would be worse for a cystitis kitty:

1) A diet of 100% wet cat food that is not grain-free or

2) A diet of high-quality, animal protein based, grain-free dry food?

Had someone tell me the other day that it's the grains that are more
important to keep out of my cat's diet. I'm not sure I believe that but
thought I'd throw this out for discussion.

jmc
Old August 2nd 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
alida

www.bytobyshop.com
a href="http://www.bytobyshop.com"nike dunk/a
a href="http://www.bytobyshop.com"nike shox/a
a href="http://www.bytobyshop.com"nike air max/a
a href="http://www.bytobyshop.com"nike running shoes/a
a href="http://www.kingaogifts.com"head massager/a
Old August 2nd 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

The most important reason for feeding wet food is that it gets water (70
percent) into the cat. But why feed a wet food that contains grains
when wet food that is grain-free is available?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 2nd 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, ---MIKE--- exclaimed (8/2/2009 8:56 AM):
The most important reason for feeding wet food is that it gets water (70
percent) into the cat. But why feed a wet food that contains grains
when wet food that is grain-free is available?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

We're working on that. Currently, she refuses wet food if it has
insufficient carbs. Stupid carbivore g. I've found one or two
grain-free varieties that she's shown some interest in, so we're making
a little progress.

jmc
Old August 3rd 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S

We're working on that. *Currently, she refuses wet food if it has
insufficient carbs. *Stupid carbivore g. *I've found one or two
grain-free varieties that she's shown some interest in, so we're making
a little progress.

Have you tried mixing the two wet foods together (grains and non
grains)? Try a 3:1 ratio (grains to non grains) and very slowly reduce
the amount of the grain wet food.