[OT] Bye Guys!

Old August 3rd 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Bye Guys!

On 2006-08-01, Enfilade penned:

Is EVERYONE messed up somehow? Im starting to think so

I'm pretty sure we all are. Hey, it would be boring otherwise!

Or, the other one I'm starting to wonder about -- that maybe the only
sane people are the ones who've actually had therapy. The rest just
don't realize yet how crazy they are =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 3rd 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Bye Guys! - UPDATE

Christina Websell wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
ps.com...

Glad to know that things are a bit better for you. I may not always
send thoughts and purrs through a post, but I do read most of the
postings and make offerings when/where needed.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Hey, Annie

How you doing? I've been wondering where you've been for so long. You will
have missed most of my cancer scare stuff and op but stll fighting away.
No way will it beat me.
I need an NDN song please ;-)

Tweed

Well, I've been having a round of battles with this darn disease, and
I've been a bit cranky (even the masters have noticed). Things appear
to be on the upward swing now. I had seen about the hernia, and
started a round of offerings for you then (a week ago? Well,
thereabout anyway).

I love to sing the songs, so of course, I will be doing so, at sunrise
(the d*g and the masters don't much care for my voice, but hey... I
quit smoking in March so it is improving hee).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

My heart sings even when my voice does not

Old August 3rd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Default [OT] Bye Guys!

Joy wrote:

Actually, I
think most people who request purrs are not asking for advice. I try not to
offer advice unless it's asked for. Sometimes all you want is sympathy.

Yes, but it's tougher to decide on usenet when the people do not request
purrs or sympathy.

Rhonda

Old August 3rd 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

This is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I
sure wish those reply posts could be sent privately to the poster.

But that is not always possible as many poster don't include their real
e-mail addresses.

That's true. Some people do include a hint at how to get their real
address from the fake one, which is often just the real one with some
extra characters, like they might have " as their
posted address, and then put something like "Take out the trash to reply
to me" at the bottom of their post.

But you're right - some people just use a totally fake address, and
there's no way you can figure out what their real address might be.

I just sent you an e-mail but it was returned.

To send email to me, take all the X's out of "jXwXeXrXmXoXnXt"

Joyce
Old August 3rd 06, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

MaryL wrote:

Frankly, I think what your boss did was even worse. He coerced you into
signing a false statement (basically, to protect the company), and there is
now a permanent record where you admitted t a provocation that did not
occur. She was wrong, but at least she apologized when she left the company
(which means the apology may have been sincere since she had nothing to gain
from it at that time). By contrast, did he apologize? Undoubtedly not!

MaryL

Actually, he only kept the statement I signed in his personal
possession--I think to use against me if I ever filed a formal
complaint against her, which I didn't. It never got turned over to our
HR department and he is long gone (and also dead now at only about the
age of 60 after severe health issues for several years, boohoo). He
was a creep, though, and we all had reason to believe that he, a
married man, was having an affair with the bimbo who slugged me. He
wanted to protect his little honey. No, he never apologized. She
never apologized either, she just wrote me a sickeningly sweet note
wishing me a wonderful future, etc., but never mentioned the
"incident."

Candace

Old August 3rd 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Those are very good points, and I have a friend who often comes to me when
she just needs a shoulder to cry on. I was reacting to a number of
occasions on the newsgroup (not any one in particular) when it seems obvious
to me that the person is lost -- particularly with regard to needs of their
cats, which is part of the theme of this group -- and instead of offering
help in a realistic way, they simply get an incredible number of posts
saying, "purrs are on the way." There is nothing wrong with offering
purrs -- and that is often important to the person writing -- but it can be
a lot more helpful if the writer also can help with references to check out,
information about the particular issue, etc.

This is true.

Oftentimes, though, I don't have any information or references. I can
either leave the thread without saying anything, or I can offer purrs.
More often than not I offer purrs, simply because I remember one of my
depressions where I was convinced nobody cared about me...because
nobody was SHOWING any care, even though they actually felt it. So if
I can't offer anything else, I can at least let the person know somone
cares enough to listen.

--Fil

Old August 3rd 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

But I also am not sure what to do in situations where, for example, he
is doing something I find very annoying (ie, tickling me long past I
have told him to *quit* it) ... I guess the answer is, either he
respects my wishes or we shouldn't be together. Actually, this has
not been a problem recently. But it has come up before. Frustrated
and unable to stop the behavior "fairly", I resort to this.

He's behaving like a cat - he wants attention. One way to get him to
stop is to ignore it, another to give him *some* kind of attention. You
tickle him back, for example.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 6th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-03, Christine K. penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

But I also am not sure what to do in situations where, for example,
he is doing something I find very annoying (ie, tickling me long
past I have told him to *quit* it) ... I guess the answer is,
either he respects my wishes or we shouldn't be together.
Actually, this has not been a problem recently. But it has come up
before. Frustrated and unable to stop the behavior "fairly", I
resort to this.

He's behaving like a cat - he wants attention. One way to get him to
stop is to ignore it, another to give him *some* kind of attention.
You tickle him back, for example.

Hard to do either when I'm being tickled ... point taken, though.
Actually, he hasn't done this in a while.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully