Apologies to group, especially Pat

Old July 22nd 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Bottled Water (WAS: Apologies to group, especially Pat)

On 20 Jul, 07:43, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

Reminiscing like this has reminded me of the water we had when I was growing
up. We lived in a rural area got our water from our own well. Just as you
described, it was perfectly safe but tasted *awful.*

When I was a temp at Hammersmith Hospital back in 2003, the building I
was in got water from it's own underground well unlike the rest of the
hospital.

It was exactly the same colour as concentrated urine when it first
came out of the tap and smelt so loaded with sulphur that it was
almost the job of the temp to turn the tap on first thing since
everyone else shuddered at the thought- it could make your eyes water!
After the tap had run for a minute or two it was still pale yellow and
smelt bad but maybe not as bad. You could just about use it for coffee
if you boiled it twice or three times and even then it didn't taste
too good.

The management said it had been analysed and was perfectly safe but we
used to buy a 2 litre bottle of mineral water, drink that and then go
over to another building and fill our bottles for other taps in the
hospital

A friend of mine had her office in there and when they moved in, her
boss decided to make a cup of tea, smelt the water, stared at it,
sipped it, sprayed it all over the wall and when her eyes had stopped
watering snatched up a requistion pad and ordered a water cooler as an
urgent request!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 22nd 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Martini (was Apologies to group, especially Pat)

Gracecat wrote:

I wanted to butt in here and apologize too for my hit and run posts. I
don't always follow up on the latest. I didn't realize that some would
think that's selfish but I can see how it would be. I know among the
older regulars I'm thought of and Eve is well remembered. I'd tell
you I'll try to be more active but I never seem to make good on that.

Hey Grace, nobody's required to post here. Post when you can, when you
feel like it! Don't feel like you're supposed to respond to everyone's
posts. It's not selfish at all! You have a life. You have kids to take
care of. It's nice to hear from you whenever you feel moved to say hello.

Joyce
Old July 22nd 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Gracecat" wrote in message
ups.com...

I wanted to butt in here and apologize too for my hit and run
posts. I
don't always follow up on the latest. I didn't realize that
some would
think that's selfish but I can see how it would be. I know
among the
older regulars I'm thought of and Eve is well remembered. I'd
tell
you I'll try to be more active but I never seem to make good on
that.

Sweetie, I know where you're coming from. I'm also a hit or miss
poster. What's sad is all those purr requests I never answer? I
always think about them and tell the family who needs good
thoughts and wishes. If I answered everything back the way I
should, I'd be a hurting unit before I was done. I read them
all. I think about all of you. I just am lousy about letting
you all know that I care.

Pam S. who remembers Eve very well

Old July 22nd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 20 Jul, 07:43, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

Reminiscing like this has reminded me of the water we had when
I was growing
up. We lived in a rural area got our water from our own well.
Just as you
described, it was perfectly safe but tasted *awful.*

When I was a temp at Hammersmith Hospital back in 2003, the
building I
was in got water from it's own underground well unlike the rest
of the
hospital.

Womack Army Medical Center uses the same water as the city of
Fayetteville and the rest of Fort Bragg (North Carolina),
however, they re-treat it to make sure that it is totally pure.
It is some of the most vile tasting stuff I ever drank. One of
the nurses told me that everyone on their shift brings water from
home to drink and make coffee with.

Pam S. who made her family bring her green tea

Old July 22nd 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Default Apologies to group, especially Pat

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:48:32 -0700,
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

I wonder when theaters started selling candy and popcorn?

I started attending Saturday matinees back in the late
1930's, and
they were selling fresh buttered popcorn then (also
something called
"Milk Duds", so I presume other kinds of candy, too.)

Milk Duds are still around. You can still get them in
theaters (and in
stores). I used to like them, but I wouldn't eat them now -
they're the
type of candy that can take the fillings right out of your
teeth!

Also the metal bands, if you have braces! (Braces were the
reason I never
got the gum-chewing habit, but carmels were less resistable.)

That brought back another memory. My Uncle had an employee who
did
nothing but scrape gum off the bottom of his theatre seats.
MLB

I totally hate gum. It always seems like some stupid idiot has
to spit their wad of cud out onto the parking lot right by where
ever I park the car. Of course it is hot out and I always step
in it. I don't mind my students chewing it, so long as I don't
see it rolling around in their mouths, them making bubbles with
it or stretching it with their bovine tongues. YUK

Pam S. who makes bovine gum chewers take it to the circular file
box

Old July 22nd 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 22, 10:43 am, Gracecat wrote:
On Jul 18, 8:09 pm, Victor Martinez wrote:

badwilson wrote:
Vodka in which a dozen chili peppers have been soaking for at least a
few days, vermouth, shaken, dirty, 5 olives. The badwilson hot'n
filthy...not fo the faint hearted ;-)

Sounds good! For the best bloody mary ever, I soak chiles, onion and
celery in vodka overnight. Hmmm.....

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Best drink recipe you ever posted was the watermelon margaritas

I wanted to butt in here and apologize too for my hit and run posts.

Is that kind of like drive-by posting? :-) :-)

don't always follow up on the latest. I didn't realize that some would
think that's selfish but I can see how it would be.

(((((((((Gracie)))))))))))) It's always a treat to hear from you. We
understand
you're a busy lady. Just post when you can, and let us know you're
well.

I know among the
older regulars I'm thought of and Eve is well remembered. I'd tell
you I'll try to be more active but I never seem to make good on that.

We will always remember Eve.

Sherry

Gracie

Old July 23rd 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Tanada" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Reminiscing like this has reminded me of the water we had when I was
growing
up. We lived in a rural area got our water from our own well. Just as
you
described, it was perfectly safe but tasted *awful.*

When I was a temp at Hammersmith Hospital back in 2003, the building I
was in got water from it's own underground well unlike the rest of the
hospital.

Womack Army Medical Center uses the same water as the city of Fayetteville
and the rest of Fort Bragg (North Carolina), however, they re-treat it to
make sure that it is totally pure. It is some of the most vile tasting
stuff I ever drank. One of the nurses told me that everyone on their
shift brings water from home to drink and make coffee with.

Pam S. who made her family bring her green tea

Whenever I'm in the hospital, its Charlie's job to freeze bottles of water
and bring them to me. He hates even visiting the hospital, but he will do
that. That way I get decent water, and see him once or twice a day.

Jo

Old July 25th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Gracecat wrote:

Best drink recipe you ever posted was the watermelon margaritas

I wanted to butt in here and apologize too for my hit and run posts. I
don't always follow up on the latest. I didn't realize that some would
think that's selfish but I can see how it would be. I know among the
older regulars I'm thought of and Eve is well remembered. I'd tell
you I'll try to be more active but I never seem to make good on that.

Gracie

Eve is and always will be an important part of rpca. You and your family
are in our thoughts, Gracie. We know that you are really busy.
Lots of hugs and purrs,
Polonca and Soncek