cat going into heat

Old September 11th 04, 03:01 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Laila" wrote in message

i am not sure what the behavior of a cat going into heat is, but
either my 5-6 months old Shaina is crazy bored running around and
making new cat noises, or she is going into heat. she NEVER makes cat
noises. she says "m-e-e-e-e" with this little screeching sound when
we pick her up and she meows when she wants food. now she is making
cat noises when she runs around. i haven't had the time to take her
to the vet to be spayed, but i am calling the ASPCA tomorrow! i can't
afford the $200-$500 procedure at the vet's office.

-L

If she's meowing/crying for no apparent reason, is rubbing up against stuff
like crazy, is rolling around a lot, is crouching w/ her rear end up in the
air - maybe w/ her tail swished to one side, she's in heat. Of course, she
may also be in heat for the first time & yet not being so very obvious about
it yet.

Good to get her spayed even if she isn't in heat yet, esp. if she's over 3
months old. I'd guess that $200 - 250 should be the high end of what a
vet's office would normally charge, not $500. With the low end being maybe
$100. (All depends upon where you live - the general COL, & each individual
vet's practice's charges in general.) However, if the ASPCA can do it for
less, or refer you to another vet, that'd work.

Cathy

Old September 11th 04, 04:26 PM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

If she's meowing/crying for no apparent reason, is rubbing up against

stuff
like crazy, is rolling around a lot, is crouching w/ her rear end up in

the
air - maybe w/ her tail swished to one side, she's in heat.

And then there are the facial expressions. I swear Gnarly had one that
made me think of Zsa Zsa Gabor in her younger days.