T Evil D???

Old March 8th 05, 07:45 AM
O J

Default T Evil D???

Hi All,

This just in from the local NBC affiliate's 11:00PM news that what I
think I heard as the California Veterinary Association is suing the
city of West Hollywood where the declawing of cats was made illegal
over a year ago. The association apparently believes that only the
state should be allowed to regulate the practice and further that the
matter should be settled between the client and the doctor.

You'd think that ...

Well, words fail me. I'll just end this here.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old March 8th 05, 07:54 AM
Yoj

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

This just in from the local NBC affiliate's 11:00PM news that what I
think I heard as the California Veterinary Association is suing the
city of West Hollywood where the declawing of cats was made illegal
over a year ago. The association apparently believes that only the
state should be allowed to regulate the practice and further that the
matter should be settled between the client and the doctor.

You'd think that ...

Well, words fail me. I'll just end this here.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

You don't need any more words. I know what you mean, and I agree.

Joy

Old March 8th 05, 11:03 AM
Gabey8

[[This just in from the local NBC affiliate's 11:00PM news that what I
think I heard as the California Veterinary Association is suing the
city of West Hollywood where the declawing of cats was made illegal
over a year ago. The association apparently believes that only the
state should be allowed to regulate the practice and further that the
matter should be settled between the client and the doctor.

You'd think that ...

Well, words fail me. I'll just end this here. ]]

Words might fail, but I can think of a symbol that fits this action:
$$$$$. To me, it's a case of this association wanting its members to be
allowed to pry every possible cent out of the pockets of their clients.

I hope that this group is inundated with emails, snail mails, etc from
people who are appalled that they would support any such action.

Shame on them for not only advocating the mutilation of cats' paws, but
for SUING to be permitted to perform the surgery. But it's nice to know
where this particular association's priorities lie: with the almighty
dollar.

Donna

Old March 8th 05, 10:43 PM
Enfilade

Well, words fail me. I'll just end this here. ]]

Words might fail, but I can think of a symbol that fits this action:
$$$$$. To me, it's a case of this association wanting its members to be
allowed to pry every possible cent out of the pockets of their clients.

Nocturne, what are you putting in the mail?

*Grabs envelope. Opens it. Out falls a single shed claw.*

And just what is this supposed to convey?

*Nox pulls the ace of spades out of a deck of cards.*

Ah. You're sending this vet association a death threat. That's
charming, Nox, really. I...

*blink, blink*

*returns claw to envelope, re-seals, returns to cat*

....I actually don't have a problem with that. Good bad kitty.

--Fil
Old March 9th 05, 08:19 AM
O J

Donna wrote:

O J wrote:

[...]

I realize that vets can't afford to get as emotionally involved with
animals as most cat fanciers can. I'm not sure that this detachment
should extend to doing three surgeries that the California Veterinary
Medical Association insists are matters to be settled between the
"owner" and the vet. The three are declawing, and for dogs, ear
clipping, and tail docking. The odd thing about their web site is
that while you can bring up the article on the lawsuit by doing a
search on "declawing", you can't read their 'position' on declawing
unless you are a member of the association and web site.

If you're interested in contacting them, the address is

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old March 9th 05, 09:36 PM
Dan M

O J wrote:

Hi All,

This just in from the local NBC affiliate's 11:00PM news that what I
think I heard as the California Veterinary Association is suing the
city of West Hollywood where the declawing of cats was made illegal
over a year ago. The association apparently believes that only the
state should be allowed to regulate the practice and further that the
matter should be settled between the client and the doctor.

The Calif Veterinary Assoc has long been an advocate of declawing as an
acceptable procedure. I wrote them over a year ago, and mailed a handful
of vets in my area, telling them that I would not give ANY business to
any member of the CVA as long as the CVA continued advocating the
mutilation of cats through declawing. I think it's time to write letters
again.
Old March 10th 05, 08:30 PM
Christina Websell

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

Declawing of cats and cropping of dogs ears is illegal in the UK.
I always suspected this was all about extra income for vets in the USA, and
this proves it.
However, I have become concerned that some vets here are saying it's a good
idea to get a female rabbit spayed and a male castrated. Why?? I haven't a
clue unless you wanted to keep a male and female together. Correct me if
I'm wrong but if they both have to have surgery so you can do that, so
maybe it's not such a good idea.
I hope my vets haven't started jumping on the "maybe unnecessary surgery but
good regular income" bandwagon.
I would have serious words with mine if I thought they were doing this.

Tweed