Windows are not friends anymore

Old June 10th 04, 03:37 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "badwilson"
artfully composed this message within
on 09 Jun 2004:

You have never seen crazy drivers or crazy traffic until
you've driven in Thailand.

Many of us in the DC area call the Capitol Beltway the US Autobonn.
It even has curves that make people not used to driving it daily of a
racetrack. It's nuts because the curves in the track are usually
where the bumper-to-bumper breaks up and you're driving full speed
(and faster to make up time). It even has a fork going in popular
directions each way and there are always those idiots who wait until
the last second to merge over to go right.

--
Cheryl

Old June 10th 04, 01:54 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:27:18 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Still remember when my in-laws picked us up at the Portland Oregon airport
after our three year tour in Anchorage. I rode home from the airport in a
near panic and with my eyes closed.

That is what all our friends who visit us do when we pick them up at the
Bangkok airport! You have never seen crazy drivers or crazy traffic until
you've driven in Thailand.

Tell 'em to pretend they're in an Indiana Jones movie.

Do you brake for elephants?

Theresa

Old June 10th 04, 03:04 PM
Adrian

Steve Touchstone wrote:
I understand some places have made using cell phones while driving
illegal - which I would fully support here. Driving down the rode it
seems sometimes like every other driver is talking on the phone and
paying only token attention to driving.

It was made illegal here in the UK last December, it's still quite
common though to see people driving and using the phone.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.