OT purrs, please for DH

Old August 24th 04, 10:31 PM
polonca12000

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for the problem to be solved easily
and quickly,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
Jim went to the doctor today for a pain in his leg. It may be thrombosis
(blood clot). They sent him in for an ultrasound. He will see the doctor
again tomorrow for results.
Here we are literally just getting him back on his feet to return to work
and this happens.
(Sigh)
Any spare purrs would be much appreciated.
Annie

Old August 24th 04, 10:51 PM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Annie Wxill"
artfully composed this message within
on 24 Aug 2004:

Jim went to the doctor today for a pain in his leg. It may be
thrombosis (blood clot). They sent him in for an ultrasound. He
will see the doctor again tomorrow for results.
Here we are literally just getting him back on his feet to
return to work and this happens.
(Sigh)
Any spare purrs would be much appreciated.
Annie

Lots of spare purrs for Jim! As many as you need. Purrs that the
solution is easily treatable.

--
Cheryl

Old August 24th 04, 10:57 PM
Annie Wxill

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message
In article , Having been in the

situation myself and the pain, as suspected, turned
out to be an infection, I don't want to be alarmist. If there is a
suspicion of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), for which the ultrasound is
pretty definitive, he should be completely off his feet until there is a
negative ultrasound report.

I'm surprised his doctor expects him to come in for a visit, unless the
doctor is reasonably certain it is not DVT. If the ultrasound is
positive, then intravenous anticoagulants are necessary, and possibly
other treatments. Yes, a leg infection can be handled as an office
visit. Were it me, I would call for the results.

Howard,
Thanks for the heads up. I don't know what is going on. This morning he
saw the PA, who is new. He did not see the actual doctor.
This concerns me. We've already gone through battle with incompetent staff
at a different office with Jim's back problem. It delayed getting an
accurate diagnosis, but at least that wouldn't kill him with a back problem.
After I read Jim your response and suggested that he call the office and ask
if the doctor (not PA) had any precautions he should take, he called the
office and asked for the results of the ultrasound.
The ultrasound people had said the doctor's office should have the results
within the hour after they were taken. Although several hours have passed,
the doctor's office said they had not yet received the results and they
would call the radiology place to find out why.
It is about 15 minutes to 5 p.m., now, so I hope they get on the ball.
Of course, Jim did not insist on asking the doctor about the precautions.
Sometimes he just drives me crazy. I think it's a guy thing. What is it
about guys, anyway?
BTW, the pain he had was in the middle of the night on Saturday, and it was
so bad he could hardly stand it. It was along the side of his shin bone. I
put a hot washcloth on it, and it went away immediately, but the area is
still tender to the touch. There is no visible swelling anywhere in his leg
or foot.
I know that you are not trying to diagnose anything, but does that sound
similar to the infection you had?
Annie, who probably should go hug a cat.

Old August 24th 04, 11:07 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:34:35 -0500, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

Jim went to the doctor today for a pain in his leg. It may be thrombosis
(blood clot). They sent him in for an ultrasound. He will see the doctor
again tomorrow for results.
Here we are literally just getting him back on his feet to return to work
and this happens.
(Sigh)
Any spare purrs would be much appreciated.

Purrs that it will be nothing, and the pain will disappear
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: