RECIPE TIME!!!! was Which are more evil?

Old August 27th 04, 10:31 PM
Christina Websell

Default RECIPE TIME!!!! was Which are more evil?

I have trimmed all the other groups to say: this isn't me. Troll alert.

Tweed
aka Tina
Would I?

Thinking about a recipe to send. How about sloe gin? or Raspberry vodka?
Votes please. Plum brandy even.

"Tiners" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

--"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

Gactimus wrote:

Dogs are pure evil, admit it.

Basic Pizza Dough
from Emeril Live EM1C44

ingredients
*1 package active yeast
*2 teaspoons sugar
*1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
*1/4 cup lard (shortening)
*3 to 4 cups flour
*2 teaspoons salt
*olive oil

Preparation instructions
In an electric mixing bowl, whisk the yeast, sugar, water, and lard
together to make a paste. Add the flour and salt and mix, using a dough
hook, until the dough comes away from the sides and crawls up the dough
hook. Remove the dough from the bowl. Grease the bowl with olive oil
and place the dough back in the bowl. Cover the dough with plastic wrap
and let the dough rise until double in size, about an hour. Turn the
dough out onto a floured surface and divide dough in half. Roll the
dough into balls, cover and let the dough rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
The dough is ready to be shaped.

Dough for 2 (12 inch) pizzas

**Layman's note, the dough works for 1 deep dish pizza using a 9 X 13
cake pan. Also if one doesn't have an expensive mixer system, using a
wooden spoon and one's hands works nicely.**

http://www.emerils.com/recipedb/recipepull.php?id=1091

Pam S. who's spell check says that Gactimus should be spelled

V*A*R*M*I*T*S

Just use your damn bread maker .

Tina

-----------
Just when I manage to convince
myself I'm a superior being,
I walk into a door...

Old August 27th 04, 10:31 PM
Christina Websell

I have trimmed all the other groups to say: this isn't me. Troll alert.

Tweed
aka Tina
Would I?

Thinking about a recipe to send. How about sloe gin? or Raspberry vodka?
Votes please. Plum brandy even.

"Tiners" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

--"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old August 27th 04, 10:57 PM
Nan

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:31:00 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I have trimmed all the other groups to say: this isn't me. Troll alert.

Tweed
aka Tina
Would I?

Thinking about a recipe to send. How about sloe gin? or Raspberry vodka?
Votes please. Plum brandy even.

All of the above, please.
--

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.

Old August 27th 04, 11:34 PM
Christina Websell

wrote:

I have trimmed all the other groups to say: this isn't me. Troll alert.

Tweed
aka Tina
Would I?

Thinking about a recipe to send. How about sloe gin? or Raspberry

vodka?
Votes please. Plum brandy even.

All of the above, please.
--

Nan and the furkids

Okay, here is sloe gin. Do you get sloes in USA, the fruit of the
blackthorn bush Prunus spinosa?
Or any small blue plum?
Anyway, this is it:

Sloes 450g 1 lb English
Castor sugar 225g 8 English ounces
Gin 75 cl 26-2/3 fluid ounces - doesn't have to be precise, use a cheap
bottle if it's around a pint.

1. Stalk, wash and prick the sloes, then put them in a wide mouth glass jar.
2. Dissolve the sugar in the gin, and pour it over the fruit
3. Seal the jar and leave it in a handy place where it can be shaken each
day for one month to extract the juice and flavour.
4. Strain out, drain and discard the sloes (or add them to a wine must)
Taste the gin, sweeten further if required, then bottle and keep for a
further six to nine months before drinking it.

Do exactly the same with plums/brandy and raspberries/vodka.
I take no responsibility for any injuries received after drinking it. Whew.
Make sure you sterilise jars before you use them.
I used a little less sugar, as I haven't a sweet tooth. Worked perfectly
well.

Now don't you all come back to me in six months time and say you fell over
in the garden!
I found that if it wasn't sweetened too much, it was really nice and I
forgot how alcoholic it was.
Enuff said. Grazed face and chipped tooth blush That was last year
though. I understand the danger now ;-)

Tweed

Old August 27th 04, 11:38 PM
Christina Websell

[...]