OTIS: Another miracle

Old September 9th 04, 04:31 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:15:15 GMT, "Susan M" smawdsley remove
@shaw.ca wrote:

Hi the

Unbelievable! He was trapped early Tuesday morning and he is at home now
sitting on my computer desk looking quite at home.

snip

happy dancing for the homecoming - both your's and his.

A couple years ago I went out to California to visit family over the
Christmas holiday. A neighbor and friend was looking after Little Bit
and Sammy, and putting out food for the regular customers at the
Touchstone Kitty Cafe for Neighborhood Cats. This was before Rocky had
been adapted, but he was a regular at the Cafe.

Anyway, while I was gone Little Bit got out and my friend was frantic
looking for her. My friend knows Little Bit hates wind, hates cold,
just plain hate SW Oklahoma December weather, so he knew she'd want
back inside. Anyway, by the time she went missing I was on the road
driving back to Oklahoma, so he knew there was no way to reach me. He
roamed the neighborhood looking high and low, but she was no where to
be found.

When he saw that I had arrived home he came over to break the news
that he had somehow lost my Little Bit and tell me about the efforts
he'd made to find her. Anyone care to hazard a guess who met him at
the door when I went to answer? When I pulled in to the parking lot LB
was laying on the sidewalk up to the apartment and ambled down to meet
me. Back then I used to let LB out in the morning, so I just figured
he'd let her out and she was just waiting for him to come back so she
could go inside. Nope, she'd been missing for three days and two
nights, but came out of hiding as soon as she heard the old truck pull
up.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old September 9th 04, 04:34 AM
Singh

YAHOO!!! God DOES work miracles! Praise to a Divine Creator who restores!

Blessed be!
Baha

Susan M wrote:

Hi the

Unbelievable! He was trapped early Tuesday morning and he is at home now
sitting on my computer desk looking quite at home. It was quite an
operation staged by my parents, the cattery lady, kids in the neighbourhood
who put up signs, and all of the people in the neighbourhood. My parents (I
am so lucky) say that they are a first name basis with most of the people in
the neighbourhood and they all waved at the truck and asked for updates when
my parents drove by.

I had passed along to my dad that Otis liked other people's houses and sheds
so they put the trap in a man's shed and that is where he was caught. The
night before, my mom and dad saw Otis and a buddy cat (???) on a front lawn
and they took off like greased lightening when my mom got out of the car.
My dad thought it was hopeless. Especially since one of the traps had been
sprung but hadn't caught anything - we didn't think Otis would make the same
mistake twice by going near another trap. They had laced this trap with
sardines and, while he was waiting for someone to pick him up out of the
trap, he methodically pulled all the blankets around the trap inside the box
to get every last sardine juice drip. It took the vet an hour to open the
cage since Otis had thoroughly tied it up. He weighs the same as before and
looks fantastic. They caught the buddy cat in the second trap the same
night but let him go - I wish they'd figured out if he was stray first.

Despite the fact that my dad left two messages at the hotel, we never got
the good news. I spent the whole plane trip back, besides trying to prevent
my 4 yo from annoying the other passengers, trying to figure out how to
catch him. The little sh#t managed to put a damper on the whole vacation.
BUT I'M SO GLAD HE'S HOME. He's so affectionate and cuddly, as is Chester.
Fred and I tried to get back earlier in the end, but it was prohibitively
expensive, which was agonizing.

Anyway, thanks for all your kind thoughts and messages to Otis to stay put.
It was another miracle that he was found. He's used up at least five lives,
that I know about.

Take care,

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old September 9th 04, 04:35 AM
Christine Burel

Oh Wow! I'm soooo happy to read this, Susan! Best news I've had today!
Christine (give that stinker some scritches and give your parents,
neighbors, and everyone my awe and admiration for their persistence!)
news8O%c.362240$gE.225636@pd7tw3no...

Old September 9th 04, 04:54 AM
Marina

Susan M wrote:

Hi the

Unbelievable! He was trapped early Tuesday morning and he is at home now
sitting on my computer desk looking quite at home.

Yay!! Wonderful news!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Otis EMERGENCY Susan M Cat anecdotes 92 September 3rd 04 09:44 PM
Otis: A Snowy Day Susan M Cat anecdotes 9 November 15th 03 12:29 AM
Otis - more property damage??? Susan M Cat anecdotes 8 November 10th 03 01:13 AM
Otis and Chester: Where are they now? (LONG) Susan M Cat anecdotes 14 November 8th 03 03:29 PM