[OT] Bye Guys!

Old July 30th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Bye Guys!

I am going
to trust you to know the difference between an accident and
unacceptable behaviour.

(I wanted to add that this isn't sarcasm or written with a judgement
already made on my part. Sometimes it's hard to tell someone's tone on
the Internet.)

I have, in my life, done some things I regret (including throwing
punches and picking people up by the neck). I have not done stuff like
that in years now, and I am glad for it. I like to think there is a
difference between me (where that sort of behaviour was an abberation)
and people like my grandfather (who did it all the time). But at the
time when I was doing that, I needed to learn to stop it and seek non
violent ways to deal with aggression/fear--and for the most part, I
have. So, I do not judge on one incident.

--Fil

Old July 30th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sat 29 Jul 2006 10:45:45p, Enfilade wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
oups.com):

I have, in my life, done some things I regret (including
throwing punches and picking people up by the neck). I have not
done stuff like that in years now, and I am glad for it. I like
to think there is a difference between me (where that sort of
behaviour was an abberation) and people like my grandfather (who
did it all the time). But at the time when I was doing that, I
needed to learn to stop it and seek non violent ways to deal
with aggression/fear--and for the most part, I have. So, I do
not judge on one incident.

I think life often calls for finding new ways to deal with things we
don't like or feel comfortable with. Sometimes the realization comes
because of reacting in a way that bothers us. That's called a "wake
up call". Sometimes it takes a while to even get that call. Or, a
really bad result that wasn't intended. And of course, accidents
happen too.

--
Cheryl
Old July 30th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sat 29 Jul 2006 10:56:26p, Cheryl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I think life often calls for finding new ways to deal with
things we don't like or feel comfortable with. Sometimes the
realization comes because of reacting in a way that bothers us.
That's called a "wake up call". Sometimes it takes a while to
even get that call. Or, a really bad result that wasn't
intended. And of course, accidents happen too.

OMG listen to me. It sounds like I could take my own words and heal
myself. I am good at saying it, bad at living it.

--
Cheryl
Old July 30th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:
Things just keep getting better and better - NOT!

Thursday the doctor told me my bloodwork showed I was very anemic and he
said my blood pressure was through the roof. He gave me prescriptions for
both.

Friday I had a really *BAD* day at work - my boss was riding me all day
long, even through lunch, then I found out on the way home that my
insurance wouldn't pay for the iron elixir to treat my anemia. I was facing
going home to hours on the phone arguing with them and probably being
further frustrated.

I admit I was in a *REALLY* bad mood. When I called Ben he said "I don't
want to hear about it." and that ****ed me off even worse. I got home and
started slamming doors and Ben got ****ed and said I was just trying to get
attention. I told him to f*ck off - a number of times. We were in the
garage and he pulled a male gorilla act by throwing a plastic garbage can to
the right of where I was standing. I got in his face and said, "Go ahead
and hit me instead of just posturing." He got even madder and walked up to
me really fast and "belly butted" me.

His 290 pounds sent my 125 pounds flying backwards. I put out my arms to
break my fall as I hit the cement floor and when my right hand hit I heard a
loud *CRACK*. One of the bones in my right arm, right above my wrist, broke
all the way through. When we got to the emergency room there was about 100
people ahead of me so I thought I'd be there all night, but the one small
glimmer of luck I had was that they put me on the "fast track" because of
the nature of my injury and I was out in about 2.5 hours.

My arm is in a fiberglass cast (to allow for continued swelling) from above
my elbow down to my knuckles. I can't turn my hand, I can't wiggle my
fingers, I can't even use my arm to steady something while I manipulate it
with my left (and I find I can do very little using my left hand - it has
taken me almost 30 minutes to write this far). I don't know how I'm going
to work like this - or even drive the 1.5 hours to my work - so I'll
probably be on disability and half pay (after 2 weeks without pay) for the
next 6 weeks. That is if the orthopedist, who I have to see on Monday, will
give me medical leave - if he doesn't I'll be out of work without pay (after
all I've been through I don't have any more paid time off). Never mind
trying to find another job in a full arm cast!

This is going to be the nails in our financial coffin. I don't even know if
I want to continue living to face this - I'm just about done.

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to reply to this or other threads - my left
arm is already hurting from trying to type left-one-handed, and I'm too
depressed to even care to try. I just wanted you all to know that I didn't
leave in a huff, but because I couldn't participate any more.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lori, I am so sorry this happened to you. You're a poster child for
"bad things happen to good people." Because I do think you're a very
kind person who is working too hard and trying to shoulder too big a
burden. I think Jo made a very good point about regrouping. If you're
trying so hard to hold things together it's making you sick, maybe it's
time to let things go.
Please continue to read when you can, and type us at least a one-liner
to let us know you're okay.
Good luck with your prescription. I don't know what kind of insurance
you have; we have Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas, and they won't pay
for my folic acid/B vitamin supplement even though it's prescribed by
the cardio. It's maddening.

Sherry

Old July 30th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default [OT] Bye Guys!

CatNipped wrote:
This is going to be the nails in our financial coffin. I don't even know if
I want to continue living to face this - I'm just about done.

Lori, hang in there. There are lots of people all over the world
(literally) who care about you and love you. I know things have been
very hard for you lately, but you've gone through worse stuff, haven't
you? You are strong enough to deal with this, I know that for a fact. So
don't you quit on us!!!
Is there anything I can do to help?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 30th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
angel

CatNipped wrote:
Things just keep getting better and better - NOT!

Thursday the doctor told me my bloodwork showed I was very anemic and he
said my blood pressure was through the roof. He gave me prescriptions for
both.

snickering
no im not...it's not funny

Im sorry you kids came to blows, I know you love each other

I bet Ben feels just horrible, and you should milk it too...

make him do dishes
clothes
breakfast in bed

the whole 9 yards

Im not going to preach about communication

sometims iti's healthy to fight

and yell and scream
it just is..

sometimes people need that

know what I mean?

have you tried typing with your voice?

xp has a speech engine

anyway..

it sux.. it never types what you say..

it's the worst

just try to make your words potent

you mean you won't be talking as much..

are you sure..

bwaaaa

noooooo

I hope things are better tween you an hubby, if that's what yall want.

take care

hugs and prayers

barrys

Old July 30th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

((((((((((CatNipped))))))))))

I hope things start getting better, and the orthopedist gives you medical
leave. I know things will still be rough financially, but that should help
a little. As others have suggested, I hope you keep reading here, even if
you can't post.

Hugs and purrs,
Joy

Old July 30th 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
angel

CatNipped wrote:

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to reply to this or other threads - my left
arm is already hurting from trying to type left-one-handed, and I'm too
depressed to even care to try. I just wanted you all to know that I didn't
leave in a huff, but because I couldn't participate any more.

http://tinyurl.com/q9rfx

or same link is..

http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV...951614M000000N

here is a couple songs you might like

http://barryparrish.com/cn.mp3

if no links work, oh well

Get well soon!

hope you's twos work it out
--
wow
--

:/=

later

Old July 30th 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

Don't you have anyone who could take care of YOU for a while? Keep reading
about you taking care of your family, about time the favour was returned!

sandra

Old July 30th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

CatNipped wrote:
snip
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to reply to this or other threads - my
left arm is already hurting from trying to type left-one-handed, and
I'm too depressed to even care to try. I just wanted you all to know
that I didn't leave in a huff, but because I couldn't participate any
more.

I wish there was something I could do to help. All I can do is send purrs
and hope that things will get better for you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.