New here - Hello from Bettina

Old September 11th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default New here - Hello from Bettina

Lightwell wrote:

tanada wrote:
Welcome to the group. The rest of your cats hide because they know the
evils of miniature hoomins. My cats understand and most hide as well.

Thank you! And yes, I think they hide because most kids haven`t learned
yet how to approach a cat properly. Kids are too loud and too fast when
happy. (ohh - a kitty...)g

That's true, I've seen that happen. I had some friends over for dinner
once when I still had Tika (now RB). They had a gregarious one-year-old,
who, the moment she saw Tika, let out a loud squeal of delight. Tika,
who wasn't known for scaredy-cat behavior, saw the tiny monster, heard
the terrible squeal, and was Outta There, not to be seen again for the
rest of the evening.

On the other hand, I've also seen situations where cats will put up with
all manner of handling from a child, which, if you were to attempt to do
the same thing, the cat would shred you. Sometimes they seem to make
special allowances for mini-humans.

Joyce
Old September 11th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
You need all your cats to have the same fur colours.

At one point, someone was surprised when they saw two cats in my house -
she'd always assumed that she was seeing the same brown tabby in the
window, and I guess had never seen both of them there at once.

I had a reverse experience once, when one of the neigbhours complained
that all my cats were keeping him awake fighting and mating on the back
porch roof right outside his bedroom window. I assured him that both of
mine were spayed (and not interested in mating) and sleeping peacefully
indoors on the night in question, but I don't know if he believed me.

--
Cheryl

Lol...Yes, thank goodness Jasmine's kittens are all the same colour as she
is; my landlord is a cat lover, but I think if she realized exactly how many
cats I have she would be concerned; But the are all orange tabby and white,
and Congo is the spitting image of Jasmine, slightly different markings, but
Moe and Garfield are nearly identical; Moe just has the more evenly divided
tabby blaze and they have opposite white tips on their ear. But to the
casual observer; identical!! (lucky for me)

Old September 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

wrote in message
Lightwell wrote:

tanada wrote:
[...]

Lol. It depends on the cat...I'll be putting up some grown up pictures of
the boys later today, and I have sevral of Garfield being mauled by my son;
in one picture Ruben is actually sleeping on top of Garfield; who is also
asleep, quite happily.

Old September 12th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On 11 Sep 2006 05:47:31 -0700, "Lightwell" wrote:

CATherine wrote:
On 10 Sep 2006 06:45:32 -0700, "Lightwell" wrote:

I am always sort of happy when the summer is over, the nights become
colder and the weather gets uglier. Then my cats start staying more at
home. And winter is the best as then they stay mostly inside. sigh I
can understand your reasons for keeping them inside.

Snuggle time! Do all your cats sleep with you in the winter? That
would be nice and warm.

--
CATherine
Old September 12th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Lightwell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello there,

after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.
O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
affordable old farmhouses to have.
Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
as my english sometimes might be way off.g

Guten tag! Vie Gehts Du? Wilkommen!

(and that is the end of my German)

Hi, I'm Yowie. I live in Australia with an old grumpy cat called
Shmoggleberry. He's a grey ticked tabby who rules our lives. I also have a
dog, Fluffy. She's about 6 years old and we think she's a cross between a
border collie and an Australian cattle dog. Whatever breed sheis, she's not
very smart, but is very gentle and loving. I also have a husband, and a two
and half year old son.

My son absolutely loves animals, and plays with Fluffy endlessly. He'd like
to play with Shmoggleberry too, but Shmogg doesn't enjoy my son's company,
he's too loud and too energetic for an old and grumpy beast like Shmogg.

I've written lots of stories about Shmoggleberry and other pets in the past,
but no longer have the time to write more now that I am a Mum. If you want
to read my previous stories, Flippy has saved all of them on her web page
(along with many other fine stories by other writers)

Flippy's Cat Page is at http://www.flippyscatpage.com and you can find my
stories in the menu "Cat Philes" under "Cat stories, Rain and Other Stuff"
by Vicky Chapman (thats my name in Real Life)

Yowie

Old September 12th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

CATherine wrote:
Snuggle time! Do all your cats sleep with you in the winter? That
would be nice and warm.

Indeed, they do.g Sometimes I wake up, finding up to four cats
sleeping
around me. I coldn`t stand them sleeping on me, so we practised some
time
(e.g. me moving when one of them choose to lay on my legs) and finally
they
got it - now they qarrange around me. And - they wait until I am deep
asleep.g

In the evenings,on the sofa in front of the TV, up to four of them find
place, lying on and around me on the blanket.
On the sofa there goes on a bit of fighting though, unless they have
found
an arrangement.

I have warm winters.bg

Old September 12th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
You need all your cats to have the same fur colours.

gg that would have been a help.
Thank god now I don`t have to care what my neighbours might think.

bfn

Old September 12th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Yowie wrote:
Guten tag! Vie Gehts Du? Wilkommen!

Dankeschön, es geht mir gut. g

I've written lots of stories about Shmoggleberry and other pets in the
past, but no longer have the time to write more now that I am a Mum. If
you want to read my previous stories, Flippy has saved all of them on her
web page (along with many other fine stories by other writers)

Flippy's Cat Page is at http://www.flippyscatpage.com and you can find my
stories in the menu "Cat Philes" under "Cat stories, Rain and Other Stuff"
by Vicky Chapman (thats my name in Real Life)

Thanks for the welcome. I will definitely have a read on your stories.
Late congratulations on your little son. You have a lot of work ,but
also a lot of joy.

bye for now
Bettina