[Way OT] - JUST ONCE - VT Shootings

Old April 24th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default - JUST ONCE - VT Shootings

On Apr 23, 9:22 pm, "Pat"
wrote:
"Sherry" wrote
"Pat" | wrote:

| "Sherry" wrote
|
| | OK, according to your link:" "Restricting firemarms has helped make
| | England more crime-ridden than the United States."
| | I just SO seriously doubt the validity of that statement. Just can't
| | believe it's true.
|
| http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288
|
| This link has absolutely no reference to crime in the UK, or gun
| control in the UK, or whether or not
| restricfting firearms in Britain has caused Britain to become more
| crime-ridden than the U.S., which is
| claim that I was questioning.

I know. I posted it to illustrate one more time that guns are a deterrent to
crime - regardless of "where".

Imagine this: A stranger with unknown intentions and nasty vibes enters your
bedroom at night, wielding a butcher knife. How likely is it that he'll
commit mayhem on you if you have a gun under your pillow? Or would you
rather dial 911?

Okay, I just re-read my post. I think you misunderstand what my point
was. My point was, I don't believe
that England is "more crime-ridden than the United States." That's
exactly what the story from your
link said.

Sherry

Old April 24th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_2_]

Dear Pat,
This web page appears to be totally contrary to the others.

This is the most striking error on the (below) web page:

"MYTH:Gun ownership is a protection against political tyranny.
TRUTH: Private ownership of guns was very common under Saddam
Hussein's regime (source).It certainly didn't protect the Iraqi
people against political tyranny. Gun control laws were enacted
in Germany to disarm Hitler and those in the Nazi militia. In
that case, gun control was a protection against political
tyranny"

Gun control protection against tyranny? Tell that to the unarmed
Jews who handed in their guns cause Hitler and his evil
instituted gun control.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Pat" wrote in message
:
: http://www.guninformation.org/
:
:
:

Old April 24th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_2_]

As reported by real live Englishmen.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...

Old April 24th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_2_]

Hmm. Do you think, perhaps, by a person who doesn't obey the
OTHER laws like burglary and trespassing?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

: They would have to strangle each other here - there is no way
a normal law
: abiding citizen can carry a hand gun. Actually, it's not
necessary but as
: it's also totally illegal so I have no worry that I am in any
danger to walk
: around anytime night or day to be shot.
: Neither if - G*d forbid, I disturbed a burglar I would have
no worries that
: he would be armed. If I woke up I would hit him with my rat
thwacker (heavy
: type of walking stick)
: This might be sort of naive, but if no-one is allowed a hand
gun, how can
: people get shot?
:
: Tweed
:
:
: By those who dont care about your laws!
: And in Europe we have lots of Former east block
: guys to supply and wierdo........
:
: