My nasty neighbours

Old November 29th 14, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default My nasty neighbours

Those of the wall and drop kerb disagreements seem to have disappeared over
the last few days. There are always five cars there. Zilch. No cars.
I suspect they have gone to India for a while (I hope so) or maybe their
house has been repossessed (which would be even better) but I don't think
I'll be that lucky.

They are awful neighbours who tried to make me sign over a bit of land to
them with a contract they had written out. I said "I'll just slip that one
past my solicitor" ;-)

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it. They
are very unpopular though. always arguing and raising their voices so the
whole street can hear. I hope they are gone for ever.

Old November 29th 14, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
Those of the wall and drop kerb disagreements seem to have disappeared over
the last few days. There are always five cars there. Zilch. No cars.
I suspect they have gone to India for a while (I hope so) or maybe their
house has been repossessed (which would be even better) but I don't think
I'll be that lucky.

They are awful neighbours who tried to make me sign over a bit of land to
them with a contract they had written out. I said "I'll just slip that one
past my solicitor" ;-)

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it. They
are very unpopular though. always arguing and raising their voices so the
whole street can hear. I hope they are gone for ever.

I'm not sure what the economy is like in the UK, but there are still a
lot of "underwater" mortgages in the U.S. (When I was growing up, the
idea in buying a house was that you would own it free and clear when you
retired - then came the "housing bubble", people saw how much equity
they had and borrowed against it.) When the bottom dropped out of the
market, they couldn't meet payments, owed far more than the original
purchase price, and the banks stepped in to repossess. Let's hope that's
the case with your nasty neighbors!
Old November 29th 14, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 00:05:17 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Those of the wall and drop kerb disagreements seem to have disappeared over
the last few days. There are always five cars there. Zilch. No cars.
I suspect they have gone to India for a while (I hope so) or maybe their
house has been repossessed (which would be even better) but I don't think
I'll be that lucky.

They are awful neighbours who tried to make me sign over a bit of land to
them with a contract they had written out. I said "I'll just slip that one
past my solicitor" ;-)

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it. They
are very unpopular though. always arguing and raising their voices so the
whole street can hear. I hope they are gone for ever.

I remember the drop kerb thing. Sad.

GOOD things can happen though! The people who had an illegal grow-op
next door have moved, their eyesore duplex will be demolished and 2
new houses built in it's place.

I hope the same or better happens with you. Be patient and outlast
them.
Old December 1st 14, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it.
They
are very unpopular though. always arguing and raising their voices so the
whole street can hear. I hope they are gone for ever.

If they paid cash, maybe not.

But if they are in any way involved in anything illegal,
it's VERY possible they have 'cut and run' to avoid going
to jail.

No, nothing illegal at all as far as I know, they are just bad neighbours.

Old December 4th 14, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it.

Wow, I didn't realize housing was that expensive in the UK! I'm not sure
what the exchange rate is right now, but last I checked, one GB pound would
get you one and one-half US dollars. So in US money, that house would cost
about $465K. In urban areas, houses can cost that much or possibly a lot
more, depending on size, neighborhood and so on. But in most rural areas
in the US, I don't think it's that bad. We are in another housing bubble,
though, so who knows. (I'm not sure how far-reaching the bubble is, but
it's pretty bad in the San Francisco area.)

--
Joyce
Old December 5th 14, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it.
They
are very unpopular though. always arguing and raising their voices so the
whole street can hear. I hope they are gone for ever.

If they paid cash, maybe not.

But if they are in any way involved in anything illegal,
it's VERY possible they have 'cut and run' to avoid going
to jail.

No , not at all (what sort of neighbourhood do you think this is?)
I think they've gone to India for a holiday and I hope they stay there. For
ever.

Old December 5th 14, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it.
Wow, I didn't realize housing was that expensive in the UK! I'm not sure
what the exchange rate is right now, but last I checked, one GB pound would
get you one and one-half US dollars. So in US money, that house would cost
about $465K. In urban areas, houses can cost that much or possibly a lot
more, depending on size, neighborhood and so on. But in most rural areas
in the US, I don't think it's that bad.

She's in one of the most upmarket regions of the UK. Probably every
house for miles has an Aga.

Old December 5th 14, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

She's in one of the most upmarket regions of the UK.
Probably every house for miles has an Aga.

What's an Aga?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGA_cooker

In popular cultu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGA_Saga

Old December 5th 14, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
She's in one of the most upmarket regions of the UK.
Probably every house for miles has an Aga.

What's an Aga?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGA_cooker

In popular cultu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGA_Saga

Jack Campin

Given the first URL, I guess I'm not even 'upscale' enough to know anyone
in the US who has one, not meaning that they don't exist.... I'll send the
URL on to a couple of friends who might entertain the thought of having it.
I don't cook enough any more.

Sylvia M