Great kitty progress

Old October 14th 04, 02:05 PM
ceb

Default Great kitty progress

Greetings all:

Rosalie is my formerly feral cat who I got last March. She has made great
progress in the time she has been with me and last night she took another
giant step forward -- she jumped up on the ottoman my feet were propped up
on. I have been trying to get her to jump up into my lap (she won't allow
me to pick her up yet) and this was a big step toward that, I think. She
usually lays on the floor next to my chair, but last night she was lying
under the ottoman, and I kept encouraging her to come up, and then she put
both paws up and peeked, and then jumped up! Oh, it may not sound like
much, but I'm sure those of you who have had feral cats will understand.
She settled into kitty loaf position and made blinky eyes at me for a
while, then she had a good wash, then she curled up against my legs.

This was a huge step for her and I now feel that she will definitely find
herself in my lap one of these days!

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead
Old October 14th 04, 03:30 PM
dgk

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:05:31 +0000 (UTC), ceb
wrote:

[...]

Excellent news. I've never had a feral but knowing how weird my
non-feral cats are I can appreciate the progress.

Old October 14th 04, 04:02 PM
Mary

"ceb" wrote in message
Greetings all:

Rosalie is my formerly feral cat who I got last March. She has made great

progress in the time she has been with me and last night she took another
giant step forward -- she jumped up on the ottoman my feet were propped up
on. I have been trying to get her to jump up into my lap (she won't allow
me to pick her up yet) and this was a big step toward that, I think. She
usually lays on the floor next to my chair, but last night she was lying
under the ottoman, and I kept encouraging her to come up, and then she put
both paws up and peeked, and then jumped up! Oh, it may not sound like much,
but I'm sure those of you who have had feral cats will understand. She
settled into kitty loaf position and made blinky eyes at me for a
while, then she had a good wash, then she curled up against my legs.

This is GREAT! I love the way you put it, "blinky eyes" I can just see this.
Hope she keeps warming up you are clearly winning her trust.

Old October 14th 04, 04:15 PM
ceb

dgk wrote in
:

Excellent news. I've never had a feral but knowing how weird my
non-feral cats are I can appreciate the progress.

Thank you! I know... they are mystifying creatures at times...

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead

A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
SEE PIC of My Great EYE EYED KITTY :) CuteKittys Cat community 14 March 23rd 04 08:28 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 11:13 AM
kitty vs puss Brenda Cat anecdotes 30 January 26th 04 04:28 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 09:48 PM