Danger: Ferocious Ball of Fluff

Old February 9th 05, 03:56 PM
Charleen Welton

Default Danger: Ferocious Ball of Fluff

St. Cloud (FL) PD 11/28/04 19:59 A woman called asking for an officer as
her kitten was out of control and they were afraid to get close to it. The
woman said that the little kitten had scratched her two year old by his eye.
A friend of the woman said that they had managed to trap the kitten in one
of the rooms of the house. Animal Control officers headed over and managed
to capture the ferocious ball of fluff.

Oh, my. This is so funny although I'm sure the family didn't understand
kitten behavior and that their fear was real. Hopefully all is well in
their household now. The poor little kitty!
Charleen

Old February 9th 05, 05:03 PM
Gabey8

Here are some purrs that the kitten can be re-homed with a new family
that's a more appropriate fit for him.

Poor family (for not knowing what they were getting into when they took in
a kitten) and poor kitten (for landing in a home where he was
misunderstood).

If the family really, REALLY has their heart set on adopting a cat, maybe
they can have a word with their shelter about adopting an older pet that's
more settled down and less rambunctious. Presuming, of course, that its
temperament would be a good match for a house with a two-year-old in it.
Otherwise, my advice is "hold off on bringing pets in until the
two-year-old is a bit older, and THEN seek out an older, settled-down pet
that needs a home.

Donna, and the VERY active Captain and Stanley

Old February 9th 05, 06:24 PM
Christina Websell

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
St. Cloud (FL) PD 11/28/04 19:59 A woman called asking for an officer as
her kitten was out of control and they were afraid to get close to it.
The
woman said that the little kitten had scratched her two year old by his
eye.
A friend of the woman said that they had managed to trap the kitten in one
of the rooms of the house. Animal Control officers headed over and
managed
to capture the ferocious ball of fluff.

Oh, my. This is so funny although I'm sure the family didn't understand
kitten behavior and that their fear was real. Hopefully all is well in
their household now. The poor little kitty!
Charleen

There is no service here in the UK that would come out to a kitten that has
scratched someone.
Kittens scratch. If you get a kitten, get used to it. They grow out of it.
We all understand this here.

Tweed

Old February 9th 05, 06:36 PM
Bill Stock

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

Sounds like a job for the SAS?

Old February 9th 05, 08:06 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Bill Stock"
wrote:

[...]

I've also heard of SAS troopers getting rather misty over pets. Do NOT,
however, threaten their kids -- fur or not.
Old February 9th 05, 09:07 PM
Yowie

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
St. Cloud (FL) PD 11/28/04 19:59 A woman called asking for an officer as
her kitten was out of control and they were afraid to get close to it.

The
woman said that the little kitten had scratched her two year old by his

eye.
A friend of the woman said that they had managed to trap the kitten in one
of the rooms of the house. Animal Control officers headed over and

managed
to capture the ferocious ball of fluff.

Oh, my. This is so funny although I'm sure the family didn't understand
kitten behavior and that their fear was real. Hopefully all is well in
their household now. The poor little kitty!

Oh dear. Purrs for the little kitty, but I sure do have a lot of sympathy
for the family. IBKFergus continues to attack Cary, but thankfully its only
his hands and feet before I can get tot he squirt gun. I can fully
understand a family with a young child not knowing what they were getting in
for with a kitten - I certainly had forgotten and IBKFergus has come this
close to going to the shelter on a number of occasions. Heck, I've given up
the notion that I can eat my breakfast without a kitten nose in the milk at
the same time, or that I'll ever have an uniterrupted night's sleep ever
again (yawn). She can certainly be a handful. At least the family did the
right thing and called someone in to get the kitty rather than dumping her
somewhere.

Yowie

Old February 10th 05, 03:02 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Yowie" had some very interesting
things to say about Danger: Ferocious Ball of Fluff:

Oh dear. Purrs for the little kitty, but I sure do have a lot of sympathy
for the family. IBKFergus continues to attack Cary, but thankfully its only
his hands and feet before I can get tot he squirt gun.

Try hissing at her.

Old February 10th 05, 04:24 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Charleen Welton wrote:

St. Cloud (FL) PD 11/28/04 19:59 A woman called asking for an officer as
her kitten was out of control and they were afraid to get close to it. The
woman said that the little kitten had scratched her two year old by his eye.
A friend of the woman said that they had managed to trap the kitten in one
of the rooms of the house. Animal Control officers headed over and managed
to capture the ferocious ball of fluff.

Oh, my. This is so funny although I'm sure the family didn't understand
kitten behavior and that their fear was real. Hopefully all is well in
their household now. The poor little kitty!

When I read about a cat scratching a two year old, my first
reaction is "what did the child do to the cat, first?" If
the family knew so little about cats, what do you want to
bet that they left child unsupervised to torment kitty as
he'she saw fit?

Charleen

Old February 10th 05, 04:50 AM
Marina

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
"Yowie" had some very interesting
things to say about Danger: Ferocious Ball of Fluff:

Oh dear. Purrs for the little kitty, but I sure do have a lot of sympathy
for the family. IBKFergus continues to attack Cary, but thankfully its only
his hands and feet before I can get tot he squirt gun.

Try hissing at her.

Hissing is good. Also must say, it didn't do me any harm that I was
scratched constantly when I was little. I don't think there has ever
been a period in my life when I didn't have scratch marks on me (though
these days, they're not from rambunctious kittens, they are from Nikki
who doesn't realise she's too fluffy to ride on my shoulder. She thinks
she can compensate for the lack of room by digging in her claws).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 10th 05, 08:44 AM
Helen C Simmons

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
St. Cloud (FL) PD 11/28/04 19:59 A woman called asking for an officer as
her kitten was out of control and they were afraid to get close to it.
The
woman said that the little kitten had scratched her two year old by his
eye.
A friend of the woman said that they had managed to trap the kitten in one
of the rooms of the house. Animal Control officers headed over and
managed
to capture the ferocious ball of fluff.

Oh, my. This is so funny although I'm sure the family didn't understand
kitten behavior and that their fear was real. Hopefully all is well in
their household now. The poor little kitty!
Charleen

Oh dear - I do hope the kiiten is rehomed with a family who understands
cats, not a family that doesn't. What did they expect? A stuffed animal
doing nothing? The mother should be training her child to respect animals. I
didn't find it funny, I found it very sad and an indictment of how some
people fail to understand what they are taking on when they get a pet :-(

Cheers, helen s