Purrs needed for Amber again

Old August 24th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Default Purrs needed for Amber again

Mega purrs are on the way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
She ate very little last night and this morning. Tonight she wouldn't
touch her supper. It looks like a trip to TED tomorrow.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 24th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BigBoy

On Aug 23, 7:06*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
She ate very little last night and this morning. *Tonight she wouldn't
touch her supper. *It looks like a trip to TED tomorrow. *

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

Many purrs and prayers for you and your baby. Please keep us posted.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice and Ms. Blue
Belle
Old August 24th 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Purrs needed for Amber again UPDATE No 3

Amber ate an unbelievable supper tonight. I recommend the
Cyproheptadine (1/2 of a 4 mg tablet) if you have a cat that won't eat.
I got it from my vet for just that purpose. If you are interested
Google "Cyproheptadine for cats" for more information.

Old August 24th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

---MIKE--- wrote:
Amber ate an unbelievable supper tonight. I recommend the
Cyproheptadine (1/2 of a 4 mg tablet) if you have a cat that won't
eat. I got it from my vet for just that purpose. If you are
interested Google "Cyproheptadine for cats" for more information.

Thanks for the update. Purrs for Amber to continue feeling well.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 24th 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

---MIKE--- wrote:

Amber ate an unbelievable supper tonight. I recommend the
Cyproheptadine (1/2 of a 4 mg tablet) if you have a cat that won't eat.
I got it from my vet for just that purpose. If you are interested
Google "Cyproheptadine for cats" for more information.

OK, I did. That was interesting. It's an antihistamine, but for some
reason, it also stimulates the appetite in cats. The article I read said
that this was probably due to the "anti-serotonin" effect of the drug.
I guess that means it's not recommended for cats who are clinically
depressed.

Seriously, I'm glad it's working for Amber, and I hope it continues to!

Joyce

--
"Ignorance is bliss - alas, only for the ignoramus."
-- sign on www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/1/
Old August 25th 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Google "Cyproheptadine for cats" for more information.
OK, I did. That was interesting. It's an antihistamine, but for some
reason, it also stimulates the appetite in cats. The article I read said
that this was probably due to the "anti-serotonin" effect of the drug.
I guess that means it's not recommended for cats who are clinically
depressed.

It doesn't go through the blood-brain barrier. It's sometimes given
to people on antidepressants to counter the sexual side-effects like
impotence and reduced libido - those effects are caused by increased
serotonin outside the brain.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old August 25th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Aug 24, 6:39*pm, wrote:

OK, I did. That was interesting. It's an antihistamine, but for some
reason, it also stimulates the appetite in cats. The article I read said
that this was probably due to the "anti-serotonin" effect of the drug.
I guess that means it's not recommended for cats who are clinically
depressed.

Seriously, I'm glad it's working for Amber, and I hope it continues to!

Joyce

The summer I adopted Rusty, he stopped eating, probably because of
the
heat and the new environment for him. The vet prescribed valium. It
worked.
That was the first time I had to pill him.

Winniw

-

Old August 25th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Google "Cyproheptadine for cats" for more information.

The article I read said
that this was probably due to the "anti-serotonin" effect of the drug.
I guess that means it's not recommended for cats who are clinically
depressed.

It doesn't go through the blood-brain barrier. It's sometimes given
to people on antidepressants to counter the sexual side-effects like
impotence and reduced libido - those effects are caused by increased
serotonin outside the brain.

Oh, that's great. I didn't know there was such a thing - no doctor
prescribing me SSRIs has ever mentioned that. Then again, I haven't
complained much about this. Being single, I generally appreciate
having a reduced libido.

I was mostly joking about the clinical depression in cats, btw.

Joyce

--
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're
dead. -- Leo Rosten
Old August 25th 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

---MIKE--- wrote:
Amber ate an unbelievable supper tonight. I recommend the
Cyproheptadine (1/2 of a 4 mg tablet) if you have a cat that won't eat.
I got it from my vet for just that purpose. If you are interested
Google "Cyproheptadine for cats" for more information.

I'm so glad to hear that Amber is doing so much better.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 25th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BigBoy

On Aug 23, 7:06*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
She ate very little last night and this morning. *Tonight she wouldn't
touch her supper. *It looks like a trip to TED tomorrow. *

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

We're glad she's eating. Keep up the good work, little one.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice and Ms.
BlueBelle

Please send purrs for Amber ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 19 August 14th 09 11:21 PM
Purrs Needed ChildFree23 Cat community 15 October 8th 08 06:45 AM
Purrs needed Winnie Cat anecdotes 14 November 19th 06 12:37 PM
Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Purrs for Fireball and Amber and their cat slaves jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 August 16th 04 04:22 AM