Scottish Fold kitten seems lonely or in heat!

Old June 30th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Scottish Fold kitten seems lonely or in heat!

On 29 Jun, 22:51, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:34:22 -0700, bookie wrote:

as for anything I say about what i woudl like to do to those kids htne
that is my business, and anything charlie have you never heard of the
cathartic effect?

Sure, but catharsis involves an unburdening, and that's not what is
happening here, is it? Each time you revisit Ringo's misfortune, your
tone becomes angrier and your fantasies more violent.

Charlie

not really no, i don't feel particularly aggrieved right now at this
moment in time, maybe a little irked that wimbledon is rained off for
today but that is about it.
you don't me very well at all do you?

Old June 30th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 30 Jun, 07:23, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:49:10 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
This will continue to be open to debate for sometime no doubt. I
completely understand her outrage Charlie. What happened wasn't normal
behaviour from a young man. I have 3 sons, who all have differing views
on life, but not one of them can even begin to understand why they chose
to use Ringo as target practise.

It was the act of asocial teenagers who lack empathy. There's no
excuse. And I realize that Bookie is not about to travel to your village
to hang a burning tire around somebody's neck. But, as I said in another
post, violent fantasies of this kind are a recurring theme in her
writing. I can't help noticing it, and it seems fair to comment on it.

I took away their liberty, & it is that alone that I feel guilty about.
The cats don't seem to mind, so I would imagine I will get used to it
sooner than I envisage?

I keep my cat in all the time, and he used to be a free-roaming barn cat
before I found him on the road. I think he's content with his life, and
I make this statement on the basis of his behavior. He's playful and
energetic, and I don't think he would behave that way if he was feeling a
lot of stress. Also, I do let him out once in awhile under my direct
supervision. He stays close at hand, and he almost always comes toward
me when I get his attention.

Perhaps some cats cannot adapt well to an indoor environment, but I think
most of them will if they are well cared for.

Does this make me a bad person too?
This is the million dollar question, isn't it?

I am not interested in evaluating whether anyone is a "good" or "bad"
person. My benchmark is intellectual honesty. People reveal a great
deal about themselves on Usenet, but sometimes they deny the implications
of what they have written, and that is where I can be a real pain in the
ass.

The only thing that I am struggling with, is interpreting the law
regarding someone shooting them in my garden from a surrounding house. I
can't be certain if this is legal, or illegal. I am trying to research
it now. As you know, I am not that brill when it comes to doing searches
as yet, & I am still seeking the answer. If they can, what a chilling
thought that would be?!!! Sheelagh

It can't possibly be legal to shoot a pet on the owner's property. And,
would any of your immediate neighbors be inclined to do so? I suspect
Ringo became a target of opportunity because he was at large, and I doubt
if it will happen when he is in an enclosure attached to your house.

Besides, willful mayhem is not the biggest risk to a free-running cat...
the biggest risks are moving vehicles and environmental traps like hollow
walls or storm drains. I think you have the welfare of your cats well in
hand with your new setup.

Charlie

if you don't like what i write then don't read it simple.
i subscribe to the simple old fashioned type of punishment along the
lineof "an eye ofr an eye, a tooth for a tooth". unfortunately
sometimes it is necessary to put the perpetrator of a violent crime
through similar pain and anguish to get them to understand the level
of hurt they have caused others, that is what i wish for these boys,
it may eventually turn thenm into decent human beings, maybe, one day,
although to be honest the words 'lost and 'cause' spring to mind here.

wimbledon still rained off
if I said I was going to hang a burning tyre round sue barker's neck
for the weather issues in south west london would you believe me and
be worried?

anyway I am off to make a good old fashioned british cup of tea now,
maybe some biscuits, nice ones mind, and maybe some cake too, lovely
bookie

Old June 30th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

cybercat wrote:

Because Scottish Folds are COOL, you know, like an unusual and
expensive CAR or something, and people will think he is really
SOMETHING for paying all that money just for a CAT, you know?
I mean, if he can spend money like that on a CAT, he must really
be rolling in it. A SHELTER CAT? *Snort* Anybody can have one
of those.

Plus, he got a bargain one. Something about they're so disgustingly
inbred you have to pay a whole lot for the REALLY GOOD
little freak cats.

Ever notice it's always the assholes who have to have the "purebred"
inbreds that know NOTHING about cat behavior?

Yes indeed. It's the cat as an "object." Gucci should start making really
expensive stuffed cats. That way they could get all of the social status and
none of the trouble of dealing with something with a pulse.

Old June 30th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:34:22 -0700, bookie wrote:

as for anything I say about what i woudl like to do to those kids
htne that is my business, and anything charlie have you never heard
of the cathartic effect?

Sure, but catharsis involves an unburdening, and that's not what is
happening here, is it? Each time you revisit Ringo's misfortune, your
tone becomes angrier and your fantasies more violent.

Charlie

not really no, i don't feel particularly aggrieved right now at this
moment in time, maybe a little irked that wimbledon is rained off for
today but that is about it.
you don't me very well at all do you?

I you better than you want to admit.

Charlie
Old June 30th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
not really no, i don't feel particularly aggrieved right now at this
moment in time, maybe a little irked that wimbledon is rained off for
today but that is about it.
you don't me very well at all do you?

I you better than you want to admit.

Charlie my love, you are beginning to sound like Barry.

Maybe Bookie is just a bitter, hostile asshole who doesn't really like
people very much. I couldn't blame her much if she didn't, I don't
like most people either.

Those violent fantasies just give her somewhere to point her anger.

Everyone has anger.

What is good and bad form is a totally different issue.

Old June 30th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:13:18 -0400, cybercat wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
not really no, i don't feel particularly aggrieved right now at this
moment in time, maybe a little irked that wimbledon is rained off for
today but that is about it.
you don't me very well at all do you?

I you better than you want to admit.

Charlie my love, you are beginning to sound like Barry.

Maybe Bookie is just a bitter, hostile asshole who doesn't really like
people very much. I couldn't blame her much if she didn't, I don't like
most people either.

Those violent fantasies just give her somewhere to point her anger.

Everyone has anger.

Most people are not consumed by anger, but those who are tend to wear it
like a red flag.

What is good and bad form is a totally different issue.

I don't know what constitutes good or bad form. My concern is
intellectual honesty -- i.e., do people understand and accept the
implications of what they say? I play this game because it is
interesting to see how people will respond when they are presented with
obvious conclusions drawn from evidence that they, themselves, have
provided.

Occasionally I am rewarded by a honest response; more often I get the
"irked about Wimbledon" type of lame-ass bull****.

Charlie
Old June 30th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
Everyone has anger.

Most people are not consumed by anger, but those who are tend to wear it
like a red flag.

I would say that in my estimation, Bookie does indeed seem to be "consumed"
by anger, because it seems to color most things she says, to the point that
she is
more than willing to portray herself as hideous, coarse, brutish, and ugly.
And
mean, e.g., small and needlessly nasty and spiteful. Everyone seems to be
fair game, children, "men in general," etc.

As for form versus content, Tom Robbins once said that style is 90% of life.

While I would not go that far, I do think packaging is important, as is
display.

We all have ugly sides. Every single one of us, and that goes double for
those
who think they don't. We have some choice about making them manifest,
showing them, though.

For example, anger is anger. There is nothing pretty about it, justified or
not.
That would be content.

The way one displays it would be form. People like Barry display theirs most
often toward people they deem safe, in other words, those who are either
unable
or probably unwilling to retaliate, in their estimation. Too often this
winds up being
someone who loves him or (God help them) depends upon him. This to me is an
example of really bad form.

An example of good form, to me, is the person who takes all that equally
ugly
anger and uses their mind, their will and their sense of fairness to
identify worthy targets
upon which to release it. A good example of a worthy target, for me, might
be people who
allow those who depend upon them to suffer, say, cat owners who are too
cheap to
take their suffering animals to the vet. The display is just as hideous
(albeit maybe a bit
more palatable if effective humor is applied), but the target is more
worthy, and more
able to retaliate, so it's just a fairer form of aggression. Of course I am
talking about
verbal aggression, I don't initiate physical aggression I just finish it.

There are much better ways to release anger, even better form, in other
words.

Some particularly dramatic forms of sexual behavior (all consensual of
course) and
plain old hard physical labor are two. Gardening one's heart out. Making
lovely things
grow by exerting all that energy in a productive way.

That of course is for better people than me.

Come to think of it, I stray into very bad form by picking on Sheelagh. It
is just that she
annoys me so much. In a way, I think I am giving her too much credit. I am
annoyed
because I know she can do better than this rambling
"I-can't-figure-out-who-I-am
replying-to-and-must-have EVERYONE's-approval" thing that she does. If I
assumed
she was just an irredeemable idiot, I would not be annoyed, I would be kind
to her and
condescend to her as some to to the mentally impaired. I actually do not
dislike Sheila,
she just gets on my nerves. I'm sure it is some sort of terrible character
flaw on my part.

OMG, look at the length of this post?! Am I turning into Sheelagh?

What was it Sam Kinniston used to say?

Old June 30th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
Everyone has anger.

Most people are not consumed by anger, but those who are tend to wear it
like a red flag.

I would say that in my estimation, Bookie does indeed seem to be
"consumed"
by anger, because it seems to color most things she says, to the point
that she is
more than willing to portray herself as hideous, coarse, brutish, and
ugly. And

I really should be more tolerant of others' shortcomings. I cannot even
figure out my newsreader well enough to produce wrapped posts.

Old June 30th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 30 Jun, 22:27, "cybercat" wrote:
"cybercat" wrote in message

.. .

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
Everyone has anger.

Most people are not consumed by anger, but those who are tend to wear it
like a red flag.

I would say that in my estimation, Bookie does indeed seem to be
"consumed"
by anger, because it seems to color most things she says, to the point
that she is
more than willing to portray herself as hideous, coarse, brutish, and
ugly. And

I really should be more tolerant of others' shortcomings. I cannot even
figure out my newsreader well enough to produce wrapped posts.

ha ha ha! and you are all perfect of course.
and charlie my sweet, you are just not intelligent to even begin to
understand me, but full marks for trying, or at least pretending to,
now run along and go back to your colouring books little boy whilst
the grown ups talk

Old July 1st 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Jun 30, 2:13 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
Maybe Bookie is just a bitter, hostile asshole who doesn't really like
people very much. I couldn't blame her much if she didn't, I don't
like most people either.

oh come'on, bring you and your "wet blanket" on over
we're feeling a little cheer over here
we could use a big sour puss