The Wardrobe Incident

Old April 5th 05, 05:42 PM
Jo Firey

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
(Yes, it's very obvious what colour clothes I prefer.)

I think grey cat hair goes great with black clothing!

--

Don't the fashion police keep telling us Grey is the new black? Time for
more wardrobe Marina. You know I always pictured you as someone who would

Jo

After reading what I wrote, I think maybe I should qualify it. To me black
clothes are "city clothes" and I think of you as a city person for the most
part.

When I travel I like to think I can tell where people are from by how they
dress. Boots are South/Southwest US. Athletic shoes are MidWest/West US.
Dress shoes are East Coast US - City. Really nice shoes Europe. Really
really nice shoes. Italy.

Jo

Old April 5th 05, 06:01 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
(Yes, it's very obvious what colour clothes I prefer.)

I think grey cat hair goes great with black clothing!

--

Don't the fashion police keep telling us Grey is the new black?
Time for more wardrobe Marina. You know I always pictured you as
someone who would wear a lot of black?

Jo

After reading what I wrote, I think maybe I should qualify it. To me
black clothes are "city clothes" and I think of you as a city person
for the most part.

When I travel I like to think I can tell where people are from by how
they dress. Boots are South/Southwest US. Athletic shoes are
MidWest/West US. Dress shoes are East Coast US - City. Really nice
shoes Europe. Really really nice shoes. Italy.

Jo

LOL Well, I live in the Southern U.S. and I don't wear boots. Unless I'm
just running to the grocery store or something, I wear nice heels. In fact,
I wear nice heels even with bluejeans, which is something John finds
endearing (I've always done that, I'm fairly short). I'm afraid I can't
afford Italian shoes.

And, I wear a lot of black. I'm a very fair-skinned blonde (at least, I
continue to be thanks to Loreal!) and it sets off my hair and skintone quite
nicely.

But I tend to make assumptions about things too. And have you ever gotten
to meet someone you only talked on the phone with (as in, through work) and
they looked completely unlike what you thought they would look like? It's
often a shocker!

Jill

Old April 5th 05, 06:41 PM
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..

Marina wrote:

(Yes, it's very obvious what colour clothes I prefer.)

I think grey cat hair goes great with black clothing!

--

Don't the fashion police keep telling us Grey is the new black? Time for
more wardrobe Marina. You know I always pictured you as someone who would
wear a lot of black?

Jo

After reading what I wrote, I think maybe I should qualify it. To me black
clothes are "city clothes" and I think of you as a city person for the most
part.

I guess you're right, though I love being on the island, too. But most
of the year, I stay in the city.

When I travel I like to think I can tell where people are from by how they
dress. Boots are South/Southwest US. Athletic shoes are MidWest/West US.
Dress shoes are East Coast US - City. Really nice shoes Europe. Really
really nice shoes. Italy.

LOL. We do wear bad shoes in Europe, too.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 5th 05, 06:52 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:42:33 -0700, "Jo Firey"
yodeled:

Marina wrote:
(Yes, it's very obvious what colour clothes I prefer.)

I think grey cat hair goes great with black clothing!

--

Don't the fashion police keep telling us Grey is the new black? Time for
more wardrobe Marina. You know I always pictured you as someone who would
wear a lot of black?

Jo

After reading what I wrote, I think maybe I should qualify it. To me black
clothes are "city clothes" and I think of you as a city person for the most
part.

When I travel I like to think I can tell where people are from by how they
dress. Boots are South/Southwest US. Athletic shoes are MidWest/West US.
Dress shoes are East Coast US - City. Really nice shoes Europe. Really
really nice shoes. Italy.

Or Brazil or other South American countries. Which they wear
EVERYWHERE. I remember hiking on Mount Rainier, and coming across a
couple of Italian ladies hobbling around on their high heels. We're
on a mountain? So what, I will NOT be seen in public in those hiking
boot things!!!!!!

Theresa
Old April 5th 05, 06:54 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:41:46 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Marina wrote:

[...]

Hmm, I remember men in sandals with black socks.

Theresa
Old April 5th 05, 07:01 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:

[...]

LOL! John wears sandals but no socks (thank you!) However, when he puts on
regular shoes... lord I need to take him shopping! His choice of shoes
makes me think of Herman Munster. Big, clunky brown ugly lace-up shoes.

Jill --telling herself NO! I will not try to change his shoes. His shoes
are not HIM

Old April 5th 05, 07:10 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-04-05, Melissa Houle penned:

In view of what color cat hairs will be decorating your clothes
from now on, just be grateful she's not a white kitten. =o) Or a
little orange fellow.

Unfortunately, I've found grey hair to be extremely visible on dark
colors ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 5th 05, 07:10 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-04-05, Jo Firey penned:

After reading what I wrote, I think maybe I should qualify it. To
me black clothes are "city clothes" and I think of you as a city
person for the most part.

When I travel I like to think I can tell where people are from by
how they dress. Boots are South/Southwest US. Athletic shoes are
MidWest/West US. Dress shoes are East Coast US - City. Really nice
shoes Europe. Really really nice shoes. Italy.

Trail running shoes or hiking boots -- Boulder, CO =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 5th 05, 07:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:01:04 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Marina wrote:

[...]

As you know, I live in NYC, where tourists (from everywhere) are
immediately distinguishable from the natives. And I went to
graduate school with a lot of foreign students, and people from other
places in the US. It was amazing how quickly the female students
blended in, and were indistinguishable. But the guys-- oh Gawd help
us.
-*

Theresa
Old April 5th 05, 07:20 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Marina" wrote in message
I know I just said I'd post more pictures of Frank and Nikki but then
this happened. I opened the wardrobe to look for something, and I left
the door open as I always do, because I didn't have time to check right
then that none of the cats were inside the wardrobe. I turned around and
then back to the open wardrobe and saw a pair of long skinny silver legs
hanging from the bottom of my shirts. I rushed for the camera and when I
came back, this is what I saw:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fra...bum?.dir=/4ba1

(Yes, it's very obvious what colour clothes I prefer.)

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!

Now that's cute!!!

--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat