The Kittens and the Soldiers

Old May 10th 04, 08:33 PM
Bev

Default The Kittens and the Soldiers

I listened to the news when I woke up this morning. It seems that some
Aussie soldiers had been out on the tiles and when they got back to camp
they had some fun with a cat and her litter of kittens.

First they urinated on them and then took a kitten and tied it behind a
vehicle and dragged it around the parade ground. This didn't kill it so
they had another go. They doused it with petrol and set it on fire.
This didn't kill it so they tried again. They put it under the wheel of
a vehicle and ran over it. This did kill it. I couldn't stop crying
at a story of such unspeakable cruelty. And they give them guns!!!

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old May 10th 04, 08:41 PM
cati

I cant believe what i have just read. please tell me that action is going to
be taken and they will be punished. i cant believe we put people in the army
that are capable of something like this. it makes me feel so sick especially
when they did it as fun???

at least the kitten will have a better life at rainbow bridge but that is
little conselation

Cati

Old May 10th 04, 08:59 PM
Takayuki

"cati" wrote:

I cant believe what i have just read. please tell me that action is going to
be taken and they will be punished. i cant believe we put people in the army
that are capable of something like this. it makes me feel so sick especially
when they did it as fun???

at least the kitten will have a better life at rainbow bridge but that is
little conselation

I just looked this up:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E421,00.html

It says that the incident involved six soldiers and a litter of four
kittens born to a stray mom cat. They say that alcohol is to blame,
but that doesn't sound like a good excuse.

Old May 10th 04, 09:15 PM
Bev

Takayuki wrote:

"cati" wrote:

I cant believe what i have just read. please tell me that action is going to
be taken and they will be punished. i cant believe we put people in the army
that are capable of something like this. it makes me feel so sick especially
when they did it as fun???

at least the kitten will have a better life at rainbow bridge but that is
little conselation

I just looked this up:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E421,00.html

It says that the incident involved six soldiers and a litter of four
kittens born to a stray mom cat. They say that alcohol is to blame,
but that doesn't sound like a good excuse.

Alcohol is no excuse!!!!!!!! I could hardly bear to read the newspaper
report. I didn't realise that they killed all the kittens. I am now
hugging B and C and FSP - something like this makes you want to hug a
kitty and tell it that you will never let anything cruel happen to it.
I might add that mixed with my sorrow was a feeling of ferocious fury
amid thoughts of what I would like to do to THEM!!!

Bev

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.

Old May 10th 04, 09:52 PM
Takayuki

"Christine Burel" wrote:

How awful! I hope they are severely punished. Could've used a warning on
this post.
christine

When I read the subject, I thought it might be something like the
heartwarming story about the kitten PFC Hammer, who turned an entire
Infantry company into his slaves.

The news report says that to start, they've each been fined $2000 and
will be performing 100 hours of community service for the RSPCA. If I
were the RSPCA, I would say, nooo thank you.