OT - Really down today

Old April 24th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

Default OT - Really down today

CatNipped wrote:
As some of you may know, I have a problem with situational depression -
and the "situation" has been really bad lately (overwhelming financial
worries, things breaking, "must" purchases (our refrigerator broke beyond
repair), severe health problems*, etc.). The news DH gave me last night
seemed to be the last straw!

* Most worrying is my continuing problem with severe iron deficiency.
Monday my doctor said he'd like me to see a hematological oncologist, but
I haven't met my deductible yet so I can't schedule it for a couple of
months yet.

Anyway, DH works for a help desk company that used to contract out to
AT&T internet service. His company lost that contract but picked up the
contract for Sprint cell phone help desk service. When they merged the
people from AT&T into those already working for Sprint, DH ended up
losing a LOT of seniority. With the loss of seniority came the loss of
being able to pick decent hours/shifts. He was told last night that new
schedule is 12:30PM to 9:30PM Saturday through Wednesday with Thursdays
and Fridays off. Since I have to be in bed before 10:00PM this means I'm
not going to be seeing my husband except for an hour or two on weekend
mornings before he has to leave for work. He's going to talk to his
supervisor about the possibility of changing shifts, citing my health
problems, but we have little hope that it will change the situation.

I would greatly appreciate any spare purrs for things here to change for
the better in ANY way.

I am so sorry to hear of your situation, and I wish there
was something I could do to help you
Major purrs coming from us for things to improve for you.
And, if you don't mind, I'll say some prayers for you too.
Hug
Kyla

Old April 24th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

Hugs Lori. You can do this. We managed, and it wasn't easy for us
either.

A lot of people think that the military is 8 hour days from 8-4:30 five
days a week. I wish. Shortly after we got to Ft Campbell, there was a
break down in the helicopters and they were all grounded. For six weeks
the only way I knew Rob had been home was that the fridge was empty and
the sink was full of dirty dishes. He says that the only way he knew I
was alive was that I snore. Since Mike and Jason were little, I couldn't
adjust to Rob's schedule. Later on when they were in their teens and Rob
was working from 6 am to 8 pm, I was working myself and I'd be heading for
bed after putting Rob's dinner in the microwave to warm up. Rob usually
joined me and we had enough time to talk for about five minutes before
crashing. Often Rob was hauled in to work weekends, usually when we had
something planned, like a camping trip. We managed though. Post its are
our friend, as are love notes in the lunch box, emails, and planning
something special for when you are together.

This could be an opportunity for you and Ben to expand your relationship
and make it grow. Rob and I joke that those separations were what got us
through the first couple of years of our marriage without harming each
other. We also joke that the reason we never divorced is that neither of
us wanted custody of the kids. The cats, however, were a different story.

I dunno about the iron problem, never been there, though I have put off
treatment because I didn't have the money for the co-pay. Not a good
idea, it got me into the hospital. Think about it. The doctor's office
might be willing to work with you.

Pam S. who didn't mean to, but turned it into a "Its About Me" post

No you didn't!! Relating similar situations and solutions is very helpful.

I know it sounds selfish, but what I fear is the being alone (well, except
for the cats). I don't do well alone - I get what you could almost call
panic attacks and become very depressed. I know it's going to be as hard,
if not harder, for him, but he does *like* to be alone to noodle around on
his computer and work on his guitars. I just come unglued! I know our
marriage will survive, but I don't know if my sanity will! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 24th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Purrs for a better situtation soon.

How often do they reschedule shifts? My best friend worked at a call
centre and he got a new shift every few months. If you look at it as
temporary, not the rest of your life, that might be helpful.

My friend was always having a rough time because his workplace was 45
minutes from his house, he doesn't have a car, he doesn't drive, and
there's no public transit or taxis available in his area. Every time
they rescheduled, he had to find someone nearby able to get him to
work in time, and at one point he was getting rides from a family
member....and spending 4 hours at work each morning waiting for his
shift to start, because his family member had to drop him off before
going to her own job.

Also, maybe you could slew your sleep schedule so that you go to bed
earlier, and get up earlier. If you went to bed at 8 PM instead of
10, you could get up 2 hours earlier, and have a chance of spending
some time with your partner in the mornings before you left for work,
instead of in the evenings when you got home.

(The year I was on security contract, my mom asked why I didn't call
her regularly, I said "I work 14 hour shifts, and my mid-shift lunch
break is at 2 am. So, if you want me to call, it's going to be at 2
am, because I don't have a phone to use on my days off, and the bus
picks me up and drops me off just as my shift starts." She told me to
go ahead and wake her up, it was better than not hearing from me at
all.)

--Fil

Old April 24th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Enfilade" wrote in message

Purrs for a better situtation soon.

How often do they reschedule shifts? My best friend worked at a call
centre and he got a new shift every few months. If you look at it as
temporary, not the rest of your life, that might be helpful.

New schedules are done every quarter - so this is it until September (I know
it will pass, but this seems like forever to me).

My friend was always having a rough time because his workplace was 45
minutes from his house, he doesn't have a car, he doesn't drive, and
there's no public transit or taxis available in his area. Every time
they rescheduled, he had to find someone nearby able to get him to
work in time, and at one point he was getting rides from a family
member....and spending 4 hours at work each morning waiting for his
shift to start, because his family member had to drop him off before
going to her own job.

Also, maybe you could slew your sleep schedule so that you go to bed
earlier, and get up earlier. If you went to bed at 8 PM instead of
10, you could get up 2 hours earlier, and have a chance of spending
some time with your partner in the mornings before you left for work,
instead of in the evenings when you got home.

No, he'll be working from 12:30PM until 9:30PM (leaving the house at 11:30AM
and getting home at 10:30PM). I couldn't stay up later then 10:00PM and
still be able to wake up at 5:00AM to get ready for work (I work 8:00AM to
5:00PM but I have a loooooong commute).

(The year I was on security contract, my mom asked why I didn't call
her regularly, I said "I work 14 hour shifts, and my mid-shift lunch
break is at 2 am. So, if you want me to call, it's going to be at 2
am, because I don't have a phone to use on my days off, and the bus
picks me up and drops me off just as my shift starts." She told me to
go ahead and wake her up, it was better than not hearing from me at
all.)

--Fil

LOL! Only a mom!!

We will have Thursday and Friday evenings and a couple of hours Saturday and
Sunday mornings. But I'm just used to being with him almost every second of
the time when I'm not at work. He is *SO* much the rock of my life that
it's hard to imagine being at home without him - rattling around in that
big, dilapidated house feeling so *empty* (the house *and* me).

I know I'll live through this, it's not the end of the world, it will pass
(unless he gets even worse hours in September, which could happen), and that
I'm being a big baby. I know, logically, that this isn't the end of the
world, but my emotions won't listen to my brain for even a second right now.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 24th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

purr on the way

Old April 24th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I know it sounds selfish, but what I fear is the being alone (well, except
for the cats). I don't do well alone - I get what you could almost call
panic attacks and become very depressed. I know it's going to be as hard,
if not harder, for him, but he does *like* to be alone to noodle around on
his computer and work on his guitars. I just come unglued! I know our
marriage will survive, but I don't know if my sanity will! ;

When Rob was in Korea for the first time, I took up tri-chem liquid
embroidery. For his two year stint in Germany, I learned how to cross
stitch. For Rob's second trip to Korea, I quit smoking. For his third trip
to Korea, I took up a job. You keep writing about how the house is
dilapidated. Maybe this is a time to do those repair projects that you can
do yourself. It is amazing how keeping the cats from helping, painting, and
so forth can keep you so busy you don't think about being alone. Loud music
also helps. Panic painting is very good therapy, BTDT. You can do this
Lori.

Pam S.

Old April 24th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

You know, Pam, that is an *excellent* idea. Not doing the house (that would
cost too much for materials and I'm so much of a klutz I'd be afraid I'd
hurt myself and then be like "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" and
stuff). But finding a hobby would be a great way to pass the time. Maybe
cross-stitching (though I'd have to do it only for myself since nobody wants
a blood-stained throw pillow). Thank you, that really got my spirits up
thinking about!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

{{{{Catnipped}}}} I am so sorry. That really stinks. I hope DH's
supervisor can manage to get the shift changed. And I hope your health
improves soon.

Ginger-lyn
Old April 27th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:
snip When they merged the people from
AT&T into those already working for Sprint, DH ended up losing a LOT of
seniority. With the loss of seniority came the loss of being able to pick
decent hours/shifts. He was told last night that new schedule is 12:30PM to
9:30PM Saturday through Wednesday with Thursdays and Fridays off. Since I
have to be in bed before 10:00PM this means I'm not going to be seeing my
husband except for an hour or two on weekend mornings before he has to leave
for work. He's going to talk to his supervisor about the possibility of
changing shifts, citing my health problems, but we have little hope that it
will change the situation.

I would greatly appreciate any spare purrs for things here to change for the
better in ANY way.

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Too hot today Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 33 March 15th 06 02:47 AM
How is every ones' day going today NMR Cat anecdotes 18 January 18th 06 01:06 AM
2 today Adrian Cat anecdotes 24 July 8th 05 10:42 PM
Today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 20 May 7th 05 01:04 PM
Today was a first. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 26 November 12th 04 09:05 AM