Boyfie has been badly hurt

Old January 17th 14, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie has been badly hurt

He came in at 11pm last night with some intestines protruding from a wound
in his side.
I panicked so much that I could hardly speak to the vet on the phone, I
couldn't seem to control my breathing.

I rushed him to the surgery where he underwent an emergency operation. The
vet rang me during the night to say he'd survived the op but he's had to
open up a large incision down the middle of his tummy as well, to check for
internal damage, which there wasn't and also so his abdominal cavity could
be flushed out.

It's not clear how it happened. I thought he might have been attacked but
the vet thinks it is more likely that he fell somehow onto something sharp.
I phoned early this morning and the nurse's notes say he is "bright and
alert." I'm expecting a call from the vet any time so I'll know more when
I've spoken to him.
There is potential for peritonitis so please purr and pray for his recovery.
I'm sick with worry. The house is so empty without him.

Tweed

Old January 17th 14, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/17/2014 8:22 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I am so sorry to hear this! Purrs for Boyfie and for you.

Jill
Old January 17th 14, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Friday, January 17, 2014 8:22:50 AM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

OMG!!! Heavy duty purrs for Boyfriend!! From the Princess Rita and me.

Jane

Old January 17th 14, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut3852

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:22:50 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Purrs for speedy recovery!!

---

Old January 17th 14, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Ouch, sorry news to read this morning. Purrs for Boyfie, and you. And
your purse.

Old January 17th 14, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

Hope he makes it.

--
Nik Simpson
Old January 17th 14, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

[...]

Purrs going out to Boyfie!! I hope you can find out what happened!
Old January 17th 14, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Friday, January 17, 2014 6:22:50 AM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Offerings and songs for Boyfriend. The purr factory is humming along.
Old January 17th 14, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when "Christina Websell"
wrote:
He came in at 11pm last night with some intestines protruding from

a wound
in his side.

Oh no! Sending purrs and prayers!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old January 17th 14, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tektor

[...]

Oh, Tweed! Purrs and prayers for you and Boyfie. I can't imagine what you are going through.

THAT must have hurt!!! ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 6 July 29th 12 01:21 PM
I hurt John[_4_] Cat community 21 January 20th 12 10:07 PM
This hurt so much OT tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 21 November 27th 07 11:26 PM
Boyfie got hurt (he's okay) Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 41 November 7th 07 10:54 PM
I'm hurt Pat Cat anecdotes 54 May 17th 07 01:47 AM