PING: Job seekers

Old January 13th 05, 11:40 PM
Yowie

Default PING: Job seekers

Have you considered Australia?

According to the latest news, our unemployment rate is the lowest its been
since 1973 and we are suffering from an acute skills shortage which goes all
the way up the management tree - we are even short of executives.

I know many of you can barely afford the rent, let alone packing up and
moving here, but depending on what your skills actually are, there may well
be jobs that will subsidise or even cover your relocation costs. I would
imagine that the cost of living is probably equivalent or cheaper here than
many of the places in the USA, especially if you find work outside Sydney or
Melbourne.

Your masters can also come into Australia after vet checks and a period in
quarantine.

www.seek.com.au
www.careerone.com.au
www.monster.com.au
www.mycareer.com.au
www.jobsearch.gov.au
http://employment.byron.com.au/agencies/ (list of recruitment agencies by
state)

Hope that helps in some small way,

Yowie

Old January 13th 05, 11:45 PM
Bev

Yowie wrote:

[...]

New Zealand unemployment is at its lowest ever too. Sorry I don't have
any sites to give but I'm sure a search would unearth a few. We are
suffering from acute skills shortage as well. We are clean, green and
also a nice place for your masters to live.

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
Old January 13th 05, 11:55 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-13, Bev penned:

New Zealand unemployment is at its lowest ever too. Sorry I don't have any
sites to give but I'm sure a search would unearth a few. We are suffering
from acute skills shortage as well. We are clean, green and also a nice
place for your masters to live.

Bev

Hrmmmm. There's good mountain biking there, too, right?

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 13th 05, 11:57 PM
Dan M

New Zealand unemployment is at its lowest ever too. Sorry I don't have
any sites to give but I'm sure a search would unearth a few. We are
suffering from acute skills shortage as well. We are clean, green and
also a nice place for your masters to live.

Bev

Unfortunately (fortunately for New Zealanders) New Zealand's immigration
policies are very stringent. I've long thought that I'd like to work in
New Zealand, but it's very unlikely that I'll ever be able to get
clearance to immigrate there.

Dan
Old January 13th 05, 11:58 PM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
Your masters can also come into Australia after vet checks and a period in
quarantine.

That would be enough reason to prevent me from going there...
Do they have a quarantine in New Zealand?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 14th 05, 01:22 AM
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
[...]

You don't know how much I wish I could! John and I were speculating where
we'd like to live (no, it's not Florida). He can paint anywhere And
I've always wanted to live in a place where parrots fly around to backyard
feeders

Jill

Old January 14th 05, 01:22 AM
Jo Firey

Yowie, it is entirely unfair to post this in mid-January when the Northern
Hemisphere is in the midst of glum to freezing cold weather etc.

(I'd consider Australia right now and I don't need a job. We are in the
middle of the either fog or rain season.)

I swear the only thing stopping me is the length of the flight.

Jo

Old January 14th 05, 01:37 AM
Yowie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
Your masters can also come into Australia after vet checks and a period

in
quarantine.

That would be enough reason to prevent me from going there...
Do they have a quarantine in New Zealand?

I'd imagine so. Both NZ and Oz are rabies free - and lots of other diseases
free because of our geographic isolation from the rest of the world.

Yowie

Old January 14th 05, 01:51 AM
Helen Miles

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

That would be enough reason to prevent me from going there...
Do they have a quarantine in New Zealand?

Providing you did all the paperwork 6 months in advance, Australia is
signatory to the Pet Passport scheme. They'd be able to fly in with
passports.

HRFL Tiger is an expert - he's happy to advise!

Helen M

Old January 14th 05, 02:56 AM
Marie Lawrence

My son is working in NZ on a 2 year contract, he is in IT customer
support. He is a keen mountain biker and has joined a club in Wellington .
It is very hilly there.

Marie in OZ