declawing

Old August 19th 03, 04:39 AM
Katra

Cathouse wrote:

"*~*SooZy*~*" wrote in

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in
message ...
*~*SooZy*~* wrote:

You flung that poor little innocent WILD mouse accross the
room??? You heartless bitch! You are lucky it survived... They
are pretty delicate.

I think you are mincing her words! she did say "no control
over my reflex action"

Thank you, Soozy....I felt terrible when I did it, but it *was*
just a totally reflex reaction. And I didn't expect the mouse to
bite, because I've taken them off my cat before and they never
did. It was ironic that this one bit me just seconds after my
husband said, "You know, they do

bite,
don't you?"

Ann

yes I can imagine how it was...... it all happens so quickly!

It does happen quickly. Just like dog bites and cat scratches.

Score... ;-)

K.

--
^,,^ Cats-haven Hobby Farm ^,,^ ^,,^

Breast Implants are the Stupidest idea ever. If I wanted to fondle
$10,000.oo worth of Silicon, I'd buy a new computer! --Anon.

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
Old August 19th 03, 04:39 AM
Katra

Cathouse wrote:

"*~*SooZy*~*" wrote in

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in
message ...

Old August 19th 03, 06:05 AM

kaeli wrote in message . att.net...
And on the day 18 Aug 2003 16:02:32 -0700,
enlightened us with . ..
kaeli wrote in message . ..

snip
Lets see, my original post about Scat Mats, ages ago, got ignored.

Even Google can't find that one, but I just searched for your name and
the word "scat", so maybe I missed it or the archive was set to no or
something. I am pretty sure I missed it the first time, too. I can't
read *everything*.

It was a long time ago...
Someone had to google hard to find it.
Glad they have the time!

snip

I found reference to that one buried in the declaw thread, but not the
actual question. If it was about breeding, it would have been ignored or
flamed by most people here (sometimes myself included if I think the
person is a BYB). I have a couple resources for professional breeders on
my Wild At Heart site, but do recommend against breeding as a general
rule. There are just so many unwanted cats out there...

I agree. I don't really support ANYONE breeding cats in my area!
Too many die at the shelter. :-(

There are cat breeding clubs that offer a lot of helpful information. I
think even Yahoo has a couple, IIRC. Also, Googling for a specific
problem often yields great results. There are no regular posters here
who breed (if they do, I've not seen the mention), so I doubt you would
get many helpful replies.

I don't plan to bother at this point. If 'Liz is going to insist on
breeding Chris', she can do it without my help...

And I've only gotten, now, 3 private replies to my post looking for
wholesale cat furniture. I had better luck on ebay, and found some
neat stuff that I'm willing to share if anyone else is interested.

I can't find that one, either. I'm having bad luck today.
Then again, I'm only looking in this group. Did you maybe post them at
one of the others, like .misc?
Google found lots of matches for wholesale cat furniture, but I don't
know how helpful that is.

Now that one was recent, the past 2 weeks I think. I'm surprised you
could not find it.

Not that it matters.... I found what I needed for a good price he

http://www.felinefurniture.com/64fostsucath.html

snip

We get a bit heated on the subject.
Just as if someone came here and started talking about being a breeder -
they get slammed a lot, too.
We hold our beliefs near and dear to us, as do all people. As much as it
gets me very upset, I know that the vast majority of people who declaw
their cats do love them. It just really bothers me, so I tend to be
obnoxious about it. Like most people who hold an *extremely* strong
opinion, I have a hard time seeing another POV.

It's ok. It's just usenet. ;-)

So now that someone has brought it up again, do Scat Mats work and
are they considered humane?

Yes they work. The humaneness is, of course, quite subjective.
It certainly can't be as bad as declawing.

grins As far as I know, declawing does not keep cats off of counters...

Not that I know of. *grin*

~kaeli~
Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill millions
and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone and you
are God.

I like that sig. ;-)

K.