declawing

Old August 19th 03, 09:35 PM
Sherry

It was my post. They must be afraid of me.

Actually, no. I can't speak for everyone else, but I generally ignore you
because you're a sock.

Sherry

Old August 19th 03, 10:34 PM
Cheryl

In ,
Sherry composed with style:
It was my post. They must be afraid of me.

Actually, no. I can't speak for everyone else, but I generally
ignore you because you're a sock.

Sherry

Ooooo careful Sherry. Catbox is going to add that sock parania group
to the list again. LOL

Old August 19th 03, 10:34 PM
Cheryl

In ,
Sherry composed with style:

Old August 19th 03, 11:49 PM

Relish wrote in message ...
wrote:
olitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message ...

From:
)

Obviously. Gods knows I've been dragged over the coals and I don't think
that it's been terribly fair. But that's just IMHO.

What's not terribly fair is that you mutilated your sister's cat without trying
other options, and then you come here and try to defend it.
________

Yet another delightfully useful post.....

What would you consider "useful?" "It's so admirable of you to have
maimed your cat even though there may have been alternatives." "It's
okay, you have nothing to feel bad about -- you did the right thing."
Or maybe... "We're all just a bunch of extremist PETA losers who like
to spend time harassing innocent folks who defend declawing."

An example of "useful" would be for you to have learned a thing or two
about declawing, thank those who have provided you with facts, and
promise to yourself that you will never again do that to a living
creature.

I never knew what declawing involved--and subsequently, didn't think
too much about it--until I started hanging out here. Now that I have
the facts, I'm adamently against it. One is not born anti-declaw; one
simply may change one's mind once one has been provided the truth.

Much better... :-)
And no, I have no plans to "mutilate" any more cats...
I have never had it done to anyone of them before, it
just really seemed to be the appropriate course of action
as the cat nearly put the babies eye out.

On the other thread, I appreciate some of the advice I am getting
about cat nutrition. I'll have to look into that more closely. Many
of my cats are getting old, and I am a big beleiver in nutrition
being a life extender and obviously necessary to overall good health!

The cats all appear healthy right now, and have been looking even better
since I increased the amount of canned food I give them at night. If and
when they start eating all of it, I'll increase it again....

K.