Sleeping requirements

Old December 13th 03, 07:03 PM
TJ and The Dust

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
Zorin the Lynx wrote in message

I think cats have a law that they hold in the highest regard. Well, my
cat anyway...

"If a bed has any Object on it, Thou shalt sleep partially on that
object, and make a face so adorable while sleeping that thy owner will
be reluctant to remove the Object lest he waketh thou."

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten...leepy.jpg.html

(ISO 400 equiv, 0.3s, f/4.5 - Couldn't get the tripod or I'd wake him.
Took about 20 shots and only ONE wasn't blurred due to camera shake)
-Z

Lynxie is still *awfully* cute, of course, but at least in the point
of view of that shot, he's grown quite a bit. He's actually sort of,
well, *wide* now. :-P

Well, they do say the camera adds 10 pounds! My Dusty is a big boy and looks
flabulous in photos, IMHO.
I think Lynxie is most handsome.

TJ

Old December 13th 03, 11:11 PM
Zorin the Lynx

Adrian wrote:
Zorin the Lynx wrote:

David Yehudah wrote:

Sounds as if you need to drink less coffee. :-)

Nah.. whenever you go longer than around 1/10 a second, the slightest
little tiny movement equals blur. It's difficult to press the shutter
without moving the camera slightly.

The slowest shutter speed I try handheld is 1/60 second, you must have very
steady hands.

More or less. The solution is to put the camera in burst mode, then hold
down the shutter button and take a bunch of shots in a row. With enough
pictures, there's bound to be at least one where the camera didn't move
during the exposure.

It's better than using flash (which makes everything look flat) or
really bright lights (which makes kitty's pupils contract to tiny slits)
or cranking up the digital ISO (which adds grain)

-Z

Old December 14th 03, 09:13 AM

TJ and The Dust wrote:

Well, they do say the camera adds 10 pounds!

That would almost double Roxy's weight!!

Joyce
Old December 14th 03, 09:13 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old December 22nd 03, 09:47 AM
polonca12000

Awww, he's adorable! And what a big boy he has become.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message
I think cats have a law that they hold in the highest regard. Well, my
cat anyway...

"If a bed has any Object on it, Thou shalt sleep partially on that
object, and make a face so adorable while sleeping that thy owner will
be reluctant to remove the Object lest he waketh thou."

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten...leepy.jpg.html

snip